Thread: Petitions.whitehouse.gov changing. It is now a debate invitation.

Petitions.whitehouse.gov changing. It is now a debate invitation.

We're changing the way we respond to petitions. Here's what that means.
    https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/
    How We’re Changing the Way We Respond to Petitions
    Yet while it guarantees the right to petition, the First Amendment doesn’t explain how to petition or what the government owes in response.
    https://medium.com/@Goldman44/how-we...s-74ed0ffd1d77
    Like using an old abandoned pit-toilet, I have responded to many petition invitations at petitions.whitehouse.gov, mostly to give the FedGov administration a whiff of the breeze of the the people's disgust with their policies.

Today I received (in my WhiteHouse.gov registered e-mail account) a lengthy apology on their Edward Snowden decisions, the subject of one of the petitions to which I have contributed.

No longer can a petition be thought of as a demand for action remediating a grievance, but only an invitation to further debate, and so I informed petitions.whitehouse.gov.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post

No longer can a petition be thought of as a demand for action remediating a grievance, but only an invitation to further debate, and so I informed petitions.whitehouse.gov.
    [George Washington McClintock voice]I'm not going to say I told you so. I'm not going to say that. Like hell I'm not![/George Washington McClintock voice]

Tens of thousands of pages of IRL or electronic signatures will always be just so much toilet paper to Congress. Getting up a gang bunch of neighbors/co-workers to attend a town hall meeting with a Congresscritter will get you thrown out and probably put on yet another terrorist watch list. If pitchforks and torches are not going to be used then we need recall elections.

stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by skidmark View Post
    [George Washington McClintock voice]I'm not going to say I told you so. I'm not going to say that. Like hell I'm not![/George Washington McClintock voice]

Tens of thousands of pages of IRL or electronic signatures will always be just so much toilet paper to Congress. Getting up a gang bunch of neighbors/co-workers to attend a town hall meeting with a Congresscritter will get you thrown out and probably put on yet another terrorist watch list. If pitchforks and torches are not going to be used then we need recall elections.

stay safe.
    Tar and feathers comes to mind too.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.