Thread: Nice little encounter with Ashwaubenon PD...

Nice little encounter with Ashwaubenon PD...

While milling around town on my ZX6-R I went a little to fast past a cop I didn't see and got pulled over. Now I always go somewhere with something. On the sport bike I'm not keen on carrying my pistol. Not very secure. So I wear my KA-BAR. The sheath is a bit more secure. Went I got off the bike the cops first words were "don't go for your knife". No ****. I didn't of course. Had me put my hands on my head, turn around and all that jazz. I removed the knife from my belt after telling him I would to which he said go ahead. Came over and patted me down. Didn't much care for that but whatever. Then of course he asked why I was carrying a knife like that. It's a KA-BAR tanto blade. About 7 inch blade length. It's more of a deterrent then a self defense thing. Gotta stay armed. Cop was ok about it, after two more blue boys came by. 3 cops for little ole me. Cops were cool with me carrying. First time dealing with them while open carrying. Nice way to break the ice. I'm sure it's Eithen their legality to disarm me during a traffic stop, right?

I OC on a ZRX1200R, but use an active retention holster. Never got a ticket on that, but a few in a semi, how wrong is that?

Response seems overkill, but you didn't mention how much overspeed you were. 100 mph over? I could see some extra precautions maybe. He thinks you might pull your knife on him?

Yes, I believe they can take possession of your weapon, which you get back as long as there are no other issues with you, other than the driving infraction.
    Last edited by Wstar425; 07-31-2015 at 09:57 AM.

Motorcycle is my preferred mode of transport. Vulcan 900 mostly. I wear a tight fobus, very accessible, very noticeable. My Sweet Baboo uses a drop leg as that satisfies her use and fashion sense.

Attachment 12679
    "Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the people's liberty teeth (and) keystone... the rifle and the pistol are equally indispensable... more than 99% of them by their silence indicate that they are in safe and sane hands. The very atmosphere of firearms everywhere restrains evil interference .When firearms go, all goes, we need them every hour." -- George Washington

I wear Serpa with a lanyard
    Personal Defensive Solutions professional personal firearms, edge weapons and hands on defensive training and tactics pdsolutions@hotmail.com

Any and all spelling errors are just to give the spelling Nazis something to do

I use a Blackhawks Sherpa cqg holster. Drop in clip. Holds it snug but I don't want to test it during a slide if it ever happens. The cop got me for unreasonable and prudent speed. No clue how fast I was going. Still in 2nd gear so 100 is possible but not likely. He turned in to a dick after the knife was off. Go figure.

I ride on the side of caution so far as to almost make it no fun, for fear of losing my CDL. 100mph in second is certainly doable, not really even trying, and happens in about 5 seconds.

I'm pretty sure I would lose my job, and probably be unemployable with a 100 mph ticket on my record. Never had a ticket while armed, and yes i have given thought to sliding down the pavement with $1000.00 +\- extra chrome strapped to my hip and it's not a pleasant thought.

I'm in De Pere right now delivering to Belmark.
    Last edited by Wstar425; 07-31-2015 at 04:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy1791 View Post
    I use a Blackhawks Sherpa cqg holster. Drop in clip. Holds it snug but I don't want to test it during a slide if it ever happens. The cop got me for unreasonable and prudent speed. No clue how fast I was going. Still in 2nd gear so 100 is possible but not likely. He turned in to a dick after the knife was off. Go figure.

Unreasonable and prudent is not that easy to prove.

If he didn't have clock on you a regular speeding charge is out.

I would suggest that you read the Wis. statute relating to unreasonable and prudent and take appropriate action.
    Last edited by Firearms Iinstuctor; 07-31-2015 at 04:49 PM.
    Personal Defensive Solutions professional personal firearms, edge weapons and hands on defensive training and tactics pdsolutions@hotmail.com

Any and all spelling errors are just to give the spelling Nazis something to do

That's already settled. I owned up to it in court. No big deal there. Just took a ride down to Appleton. Wore the gun the whole time. It went good. Stopped at a Harley deal to buy something. The chick behind the counter said she's intimidated by white men carrying a gun in the open. When asked why she made a joke. Not very eventful.

State Researcher
    Quote Originally Posted by MSG Laigaie View Post
    I love that T-shirt. Any idea where I can get one for a friend or two who ride a lot?

Charles
    All experience hath shewn, that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. Thank heaven we do not permit a few to impose anarchy.

"With Anarchy as an aim and as a means, Communism becomes possible."
    --Marxist.org

"Communism and Anarchy [are], a necessary complement to one another. "
    --PETER KROPOTKIN, "Anarchism: its philosophy and ideal." 1898.

I've seen them on eBay. Otherwise Google search the quote. They're everywhere. Always thought of getting one.