Thread: Help stop slob shooters on Nat'l forest

Help stop slob shooters on Nat'l forest

Enumclaw meetingTuesday evening at DNR building 6:30 p.m.

It’s not just weather that could burn recreational shooters

While the Seattle Times is talking about the continuing heat wave this weekend, there’s a storm brewing on the horizon for recreational shooters at a popular southeast King County shooting spot, and slobs with guns are a big part of the problem.

http://www.examiner.com/article/excl...ional-shooters
    Last edited by Grapeshot; 08-01-2015 at 07:26 PM. Reason: rule #19

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Workman View Post
    Enumclaw meetingTuesday evening at DNR building 6:30 p.m.

It’s not just weather that could burn recreational shooters

While the Seattle Times is talking about the continuing heat wave this weekend, there’s a storm brewing on the horizon for recreational shooters at a popular southeast King County shooting spot, and slobs with guns are a big part of the problem.

http://www.examiner.com/article/excl...ional-shooters
    Well I'm off the day so I may show up
    Last edited by Grapeshot; 08-01-2015 at 07:26 PM. Reason: edited quote
    they love our milk and honey, but they preach about some other way of living, when they're running down my country man they're walkin' on the fightin side of me

NRA Member

I did a word search of your article for "open."

Nope, not included.

So, what does this self-promotional post have to do with open carry?
    "I'm just a no-account screed-peddler" Dave Workman http://goo.gl/CNf6pB

"We ought to extend the [1994] assault weapons ban" George W Bush

"The Bush Administration declared a permanent ban today on almost all foreign-made semiautomatic assault rifles." George Bush Sr, New York Times on July 8, 1989

"I support the Brady bill and I urge the Congress to enact it without delay." Ronald Regan.

"Guns are an abomination." Richard Nixon

If it's the one at N47 7.237' x W121 31.811', the very big popular one on Road 70, then it's in Pierce County. Just sayin' . . . .

I've never understood the knee-jerk reactions to Dave's posts here. His writings are in our best interest are they not?
    Last edited by Jamfish; 08-01-2015 at 12:33 AM.
    Support these forums, please donate if you are able to OpenCarry.Org!

I've never understood the knee-jerk reactions to Dave's posts here. His writings are in our best interest are they not?

Perhaps . . .

I just find his writings to be very 1950s-style-paternalistic-father-knows-best. That's a turn off for me.

State Researcher
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamfish View Post
    I've never read anything in them that I found overtly offensive. Not that I agree 100% wit anyone (including myself). Just nothing I could see to start carrying a grudge over. But we've got a few folks around here who tend to take everything personally and then carry that butt hurt around forever. Some are so childish as to have sig lines containing what they think are damning quotes from those who have offended them.

Ironically, many who subscribe to the political and social philosophies of "objectivism" treat any disagreement over social or political policy, or even minor differences of opinion on some of the specifics of RKBA or property rights or anything else as one might expect a medieval Inquisitor to treat high heresy regarding religious dogma.

Sometimes we ignore them. Sometimes it seems appropriate to call out their bigotries in the same way decent society would make clear that anti-semitism is no longer acceptable.

Charles
    All experience hath shewn, that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. Thank heaven we do not permit a few to impose anarchy.

"With Anarchy as an aim and as a means, Communism becomes possible."
    --Marxist.org

"Communism and Anarchy [are], a necessary complement to one another. "
    --PETER KROPOTKIN, "Anarchism: its philosophy and ideal." 1898.

The biggest problem is "us" in-fighting about his articles, and the fact that the people that trash these areas do not read our forums.
    Whether you OC/CC, or don't carry at all, this affects all shooters. I think there may be someone here who said "citizenship is a verb"?
    "The beauty of the Second Amenment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it." Thomas Jefferson
    "Evil often triumphs, but never conquers." Joseph Roux
    http://nwfood.shelfreliance.com

Quote Originally Posted by golddigger14s View Post
    The biggest problem is "us" in-fighting about his articles, and the fact that the people that trash these areas do not read our forums.
    Don't be so sure of that.

Quote Originally Posted by deanf View Post
    Perhaps . . .

I just find his writings to be very 1950s-style-paternalistic-father-knows-best. That's a turn off for me.[/COLOR]
    +10000
    Throw me to the wolves and I will come back leading the pack.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Workman View Post
    Don't be so sure of that.

If there are people on this forum that trash the shooting areas, that is really sad. I guess I'm an optimist that wants to think that all the people on this forum are good non-trashing citizens. If you are reading this, and you shoot up TV's and leave the trash shame on you.
    "The beauty of the Second Amenment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it." Thomas Jefferson
    "Evil often triumphs, but never conquers." Joseph Roux
    http://nwfood.shelfreliance.com

Perhaps . . .

I just find his writings to be very 1950s-style-paternalistic-father-knows-best. That's a turn off for me.[/COLOR]
    I don't read that at all, but I'm curious who you prefer to read that similarly advocates on our behalf?
    Support these forums, please donate if you are able to OpenCarry.Org!

Perhaps . . .

This is amazing! First chance we get we (this forums members) start eating their own.

Keep it up any more comeraderie like this and we'll be surendering our firearms to big brother.

What Dave Workman has written and your opinion of it is irrelevant to the original post.
    If all we do here is nit pick each other then the end will come soon. Go ahead stab each other in the back the anti's will laugh all the way to your grave.

Now, I sit back and read the pathetic ravings of the critics.

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill45 View Post
    This is amazing! First chance we get we (this forums members) start eating their own.

Keep it up any more comeraderie like this and we'll be surendering our firearms to big brother.

What Dave Workman has written and your opinion of it is irrelevant to the original post.
    If all we do here is nit pick each other then the end will come soon. Go ahead stab each other in the back the anti's will laugh all the way to your grave.

Now, I sit back and read the pathetic ravings of the critics.
    Aaaa - Dave Workman IS the OP of this thread. That hardly makes what he has written "irrelevant."

Consider too that we listen to opposing views and hash things out. That is how we become more knowledgeable and stronger.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

I don't read that at all, but I'm curious who you prefer to read that similarly advocates on our behalf?
    Myself.

I love to go back through my old comments on threads and relish my own wit . . . .

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Myself.

I love to go back through my old comments on threads and relish my own wit . . . .
    He belong to a mut-u-al admir-a-tion so-ci-ety
    Last edited by Grapeshot; 08-03-2015 at 05:24 PM.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Myself.

All that suggests is that nobody else agrees with you.

We do not suffer group think and/or conventional wisdom on OCDO.

I shall be telling this with a sigh
    Somewhere ages and ages hence:
    Two roads diverged in a wood, and I
    I took the one less traveled by,
    And that has made all the difference.
    (The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost (18741963). Mountain Interval. 1920.)
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.