Thread: International Monetary Fund

In Illinois near St. Louis, MO

International Monetary Fund

The IMF is due to meet Oct. 20, 2015 and announce a change in the reserve currency of the world, removing the U.S. dollar.
    If that happens, what do you suspect will happen to the dollar's value and how fast will it change?

First Look: U.S. Dollar Substitute to Go Public on Oct 20th?

The International Monetary Fund is one of the most secretive and powerful organizations in the world.

They monitor the financial health of more than 185 countries… they establish global money rules… and provide “bail-out” assistance to bankrupt nations.

And on Oct 20th of this year, the IMF is expected to announce a reserve currency alternative to the U.S. dollar, which will send hundreds of billions of dollars moving around the world, literally overnight.
    Last edited by Grapeshot; 08-23-2015 at 11:07 PM.

Lexington, Ky
    Honestly, I am heavily against the IMF, and their practices. Loaning money to poor african and asian nations, but telling them what to grow for produce, how to run their factories and nations, and jacking up interest rates to the point that the nation remains forever indebted to the IMF. With that out of the way, the IMF would be better off if they took up the GBP, or the Euro as a new international currency standard, for the simple fact that the GBP has been a consistantly strong currency. I'm not sure what the current conversation rate is for USD to GBP, but a few months ago when I was at Chicago O'hare airport, I found a kiosk that did currency changes and bought a 1 GBP coin, it cost me 7.84$. The US Dollar has slipped, for all the reasons that people whine about, and more, and is practically worthless on a international stage. I'm no economist, and I ain't got a MBA degree, but if the Canadian Dollar can from time to time, be worth MORE than the U.S. Dollar, then it's time to switch out currencies for something that is more realiable, steady, and have strength backing to it. I hope they go with the British Pound Sterling. Maybe it'll wake our people and economists up to the point, when our dollar is equal to that of the Mexican Peso for currency backing on an international exchange, and dealing, that people will put the boot to our stagnate congress to actually do something instead of sitting around and growing their bank accounts at our expense.
    I'm a proud openly gay open carrier~
    Trained SKYWARN spotter, and veteran Storm Chaser.
    =^.^= ~<3~ =^.^=
    Beware the Pink Camo clad gay redneck.