Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: Armed Citizen vs. LEO in Lyden

  1. #1
    Campaign Veteran MSG Laigaie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Philipsburg, Montana
    Posts
    3,135

    Armed Citizen vs. LEO in Lyden

    I, and my Sweet Baboo, were out and about, legally Armed on motorcycles. We stopped at a very good gun shop called "Doc Holidays" that we frequent. The owner said she was glad to see me because there was an incident between a LEO and an Armed Citizen and he told her this story.

    Seems as tho the LAC was pulled over for some kind of traffic investigation. While sitting in the drivers seat, the LEO asked for ID, yada, yada. It was at this time, with no provocation, the LEO struck the driver with his clipboard and then drew his weapon and pointed it at the LAC. The LEO said he saw the LACs weapon, and used the clipboard to distract him to get to HIS gun.

    The individual that reported this to her was at the Falcon gun show last weekend. If anyone knows this individual or how he can be reached. I was told this was not his first incident with local LEOs. THAT means we have another individual (maybe more) that needs to be informed of the (real) Law in Washington State. This would have been a much different playout if it had been one of us. Nobody needs to get shot over something like this and we cannot allow an "untrained LEO" waving/brandishing a weapon at a LAC.

    Verb time again folks, we have to clean up our yard. Any info will help.
    "Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the people's liberty teeth (and) keystone... the rifle and the pistol are equally indispensable... more than 99% of them by their silence indicate that they are in safe and sane hands. The very atmosphere of firearms everywhere restrains evil interference .When firearms go, all goes, we need them every hour." -- George Washington

  2. #2
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    N47 12 x W122 10
    Posts
    1,761
    A friend's brother's uncle told me that a lady told him she saw a one-armed unicorn who then asked her "did you walk to work or pack your lunch . . . ?"

  3. #3
    Founder's Club Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Fairfax Co., VA
    Posts
    18,766
    Hmmmm.

    If the OP story is kinda mostly sorta true, yes, the LEO needs sorted out.

    On the other hand, do LEOs in Washington carry clipboards? I've heard of citation pads, but not clipboards.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

    If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

    There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

  4. #4
    Centurion
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Pleasant Grove, Utah, USA
    Posts
    3,828
    Quote Originally Posted by Citizen View Post
    Hmmmm.

    If the OP story is kinda mostly sorta true, yes, the LEO needs sorted out.

    On the other hand, do LEOs in Washington carry clipboards? I've heard of citation pads, but not clipboards.
    Can't speak for LEOs in Washington but I have seen other LEOs carry an aluminum hard case that has a flap and a storage case etc. In fact I have one for my airplane flying activities..... The aluminum clipboard/box would work very well in organizing an officer's citation pads and stuff.

    Being struck upside the head by one in a LEO's attempt to distract one so the LEO could get the draw on someone who was simply sitting there would not only hurt but would certainly fit for the crimes of assault, battery, depending upon the severity of injury inflicted-- mayhem, as well as malicious wounding......

    For an OFFICER to intentionally strike someone without just cause is a criminal offense!
    RIGHTS don't exist without RESPONSIBILITY!
    If one is not willing to stand for his rights, he doesn't have any Rights.
    I will strive to stand for the rights of ANY person, even those folks with whom I disagree!
    As said by SVG--- "I am not anti-COP, I am PRO-Citizen" and I'll add, PRO-Constitution.
    If the above makes me a RADICAL or EXTREME--- So be it!

    Life Member NRA
    Life Member GOA
    2nd amendment says.... "...The right of the people to keep and bear arms SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED!"

  5. #5
    Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Whatcom County
    Posts
    17,338
    Ahhhh Lynden cops.....also known to follow you around and find any pretext to stop you if you don't look very Dutch.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

    U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

  6. #6
    Campaign Veteran MSG Laigaie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Philipsburg, Montana
    Posts
    3,135
    Quote Originally Posted by deanf View Post
    A friend's brother's uncle told me that a lady told him she saw a one-armed unicorn who then asked her "did you walk to work or pack your lunch . . . ?"
    cute. I believe the veracity of the individual who told me of the incident.


    The young lady running the shop says he has purchased weapons from her in the past. She is looking at her records to get an address and phone #.
    "Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the people's liberty teeth (and) keystone... the rifle and the pistol are equally indispensable... more than 99% of them by their silence indicate that they are in safe and sane hands. The very atmosphere of firearms everywhere restrains evil interference .When firearms go, all goes, we need them every hour." -- George Washington

  7. #7
    Regular Member massivedesign's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Olympia, Washington, USA
    Posts
    866
    So what was the disposition? I would assume that if the LEO drew a weapon on the driver, then they would have received more than a ticket? Having the full story may help craft the FOIA request that you will need to file.
    www.WaGuns.org

    Currently mapping locations of Shooting Areas as well as Gun Stores - Let me know what is missing!

  8. #8
    Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Whatcom County
    Posts
    17,338
    Quote Originally Posted by massivedesign View Post
    So what was the disposition? I would assume that if the LEO drew a weapon on the driver, then they would have received more than a ticket? Having the full story may help craft the FOIA request that you will need to file.

    Not always. I have had the cops draw on me. They didn't make a report until I requested for one. Then they sat around a table and made their reports "match".
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

    U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

  9. #9
    Regular Member massivedesign's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Olympia, Washington, USA
    Posts
    866
    Quote Originally Posted by sudden valley gunner View Post
    Not always. I have had the cops draw on me. They didn't make a report until I requested for one. Then they sat around a table and made their reports "match".
    True, but it seems that the rest of the story is missing. Usually that part of missing information is key for us keyboard cowboys to salivate over.
    www.WaGuns.org

    Currently mapping locations of Shooting Areas as well as Gun Stores - Let me know what is missing!

  10. #10
    Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Whatcom County
    Posts
    17,338
    Quote Originally Posted by massivedesign View Post
    True, but it seems that the rest of the story is missing. Usually that part of missing information is key for us keyboard cowboys to salivate over.
    It is missing. I have no reason to doubt there is something of substance to the story, knowing cops and knowing Lynden.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

    U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

  11. #11
    Campaign Veteran MSG Laigaie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Philipsburg, Montana
    Posts
    3,135
    Quote Originally Posted by sudden valley gunner View Post
    Not always. I have had the cops draw on me. They didn't make a report until I requested for one. Then they sat around a table and made their reports "match".
    Seems to be a standard. The same happened to me when I requested a report. "We don't write a report unless someone asks."

    The young lady that told me of this is still looking at her records for his addr and tel number. Nothing to get bent over yet. Definitely need more info so asking if anyone else had a lead on it was my first thought.
    "Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the people's liberty teeth (and) keystone... the rifle and the pistol are equally indispensable... more than 99% of them by their silence indicate that they are in safe and sane hands. The very atmosphere of firearms everywhere restrains evil interference .When firearms go, all goes, we need them every hour." -- George Washington

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •