• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Armed Citizen vs. LEO in Lyden

MSG Laigaie

Campaign Veteran
I, and my Sweet Baboo, were out and about, legally Armed on motorcycles. We stopped at a very good gun shop called "Doc Holidays" that we frequent. The owner said she was glad to see me because there was an incident between a LEO and an Armed Citizen and he told her this story.

Seems as tho the LAC was pulled over for some kind of traffic investigation. While sitting in the drivers seat, the LEO asked for ID, yada, yada. It was at this time, with no provocation, the LEO struck the driver with his clipboard and then drew his weapon and pointed it at the LAC. The LEO said he saw the LACs weapon, and used the clipboard to distract him to get to HIS gun.

The individual that reported this to her was at the Falcon gun show last weekend. If anyone knows this individual or how he can be reached. I was told this was not his first incident with local LEOs. THAT means we have another individual (maybe more) that needs to be informed of the (real) Law in Washington State. This would have been a much different playout if it had been one of us. Nobody needs to get shot over something like this and we cannot allow an "untrained LEO" waving/brandishing a weapon at a LAC.

Verb time again folks, we have to clean up our yard. Any info will help.

deanf

A friend's brother's uncle told me that a lady told him she saw a one-armed unicorn who then asked her "did you walk to work or pack your lunch . . . ?"

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
Hmmmm.

If the OP story is kinda mostly sorta true, yes, the LEO needs sorted out.

On the other hand, do LEOs in Washington carry clipboards? I've heard of citation pads, but not clipboards.

JoeSparky

Centurion
Hmmmm.

If the OP story is kinda mostly sorta true, yes, the LEO needs sorted out.

On the other hand, do LEOs in Washington carry clipboards? I've heard of citation pads, but not clipboards.

Can't speak for LEOs in Washington but I have seen other LEOs carry an aluminum hard case that has a flap and a storage case etc. In fact I have one for my airplane flying activities..... The aluminum clipboard/box would work very well in organizing an officer's citation pads and stuff.

Being struck upside the head by one in a LEO's attempt to distract one so the LEO could get the draw on someone who was simply sitting there would not only hurt but would certainly fit for the crimes of assault, battery, depending upon the severity of injury inflicted-- mayhem, as well as malicious wounding......

For an OFFICER to intentionally strike someone without just cause is a criminal offense!

MSG Laigaie

Campaign Veteran
A friend's brother's uncle told me that a lady told him she saw a one-armed unicorn who then asked her "did you walk to work or pack your lunch . . . ?"

cute. I believe the veracity of the individual who told me of the incident.

The young lady running the shop says he has purchased weapons from her in the past. She is looking at her records to get an address and phone #.

massivedesign

So what was the disposition? I would assume that if the LEO drew a weapon on the driver, then they would have received more than a ticket? Having the full story may help craft the FOIA request that you will need to file.

sudden valley gunner

So what was the disposition? I would assume that if the LEO drew a weapon on the driver, then they would have received more than a ticket? Having the full story may help craft the FOIA request that you will need to file.

Not always. I have had the cops draw on me. They didn't make a report until I requested for one. Then they sat around a table and made their reports "match".

MSG Laigaie

Campaign Veteran
Not always. I have had the cops draw on me. They didn't make a report until I requested for one. Then they sat around a table and made their reports "match".
Seems to be a standard. The same happened to me when I requested a report. "We don't write a report unless someone asks."

The young lady that told me of this is still looking at her records for his addr and tel number. Nothing to get bent over yet. Definitely need more info so asking if anyone else had a lead on it was my first thought.