Thread: police chief candidate talks about CCW in california

police chief candidate talks about CCW in california

"I'm not in a position right now to tell you what my position would be, one way or another" is not an adequate answer to the question of whether or not non-prohibited persons should be issued a CCW.

Although I do agree with him that each application should be decided on a case by case basis: "In this case the applicant is not prohibited. CCW approved" "In this case the applicant is prohibited. CCW denied." As much as background checks both suck and do nothing about keeping criminals from possessing firearms we might as well make use of the pesky things.

stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

Quote Originally Posted by skidmark View Post
    "I'm not in a position right now to tell you what my position would be, one way or another" is not an adequate answer to the question of whether or not non-prohibited persons should be issued a CCW.

stay safe.
    You have to elect me to find out out, same as you have to pass the bill to find out what it says.
    Freedom is a bit like sex, when your getting it you take it for granted, when you're not you want it bad, other people get mad at you for having it and others want to take it away from you so only they have it.

Quote Originally Posted by skidmark View Post

Although I do agree with him that each application should be decided on a case by case basis: "In this case the applicant is not prohibited. CCW approved" .

On the face of it I agree with Skidmark. The chief of Redondo wannabe sounds just like the typical *can't get a straight up HONEST ANSWER politician* which IMHO puts him in the camp of the Mikey Bloombutts and Adolph Hitler's of America. Some here may disagree. Fine. Have at it.

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix David View Post
    same as you have to pass the bill to find out what it says.

Bull PUCKY says I. If a state legislator can't find the time to read a bill FIRST before it is voted on then that person NEEDS TO FIND ANOTHER LINE OF WORK O-U-T of politics.