Thread: Mail....more government nonsense

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar

Mail....more government nonsense

This man saves people mail from a carrier who was just tossing it.

He is threatened with Federal Prosecution for being in possession of government property.

http://www.myfoxla.com/story/2966514...nto-trash-cans
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

Quote Originally Posted by sudden valley gunner View Post
    This man saves people mail from a carrier who was just tossing it.

He is threatened with Federal Prosecution for being in possession of government property.

http://www.myfoxla.com/story/2966514...nto-trash-cans
    So, the federal government owns all that is found in dumpsters then?

As a juror, I would say "not guilty," about that guy.

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk
    Provision for free medical attendance and nursing, for clothing, for food, for housing, for the education of children, and a hundred other matters, might with equal propriety be proposed as tending to relieve the employee of mental strain and worry. --- These matters obviously lie outside the orbit of congressional power. (Railroad Retirement Board v Alton Railroad)

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom1Man View Post

I stand with Freedom1Man. I don't remember the phrase exactly but the gist of it is this. If a local ordinance is written in such a way to probably benefit the local authority but NOT the local citizens of that area then it is merely a revenue collector and on the face of that alone it is a BAD ordinance. Based on this I'd vote the affected citizen not guilty. Perhaps if the locals vote this way often enough someone down at city hall might just realize it is time we strike down this ordinance and treat our citizens as ADULTS and not as errant children that need a spanking.

Regular Member stealthyeliminator's Avatar
    But without government, who would deliver mail?

There is no practical way for mail to be delivered without government monopoly of the system and without coercive taxation to fund it. There's just no practical way. Please, stop with the idealistic impossibilities and just accept these immoral and illogical necessities. Unless you just want us to have no more mail, in which case we would surely plummet into anarchy, you uncivilized and immature purist.
    Advocate freedom please

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom1Man View Post

Which contrary to a SCOTUS decision about who owns what once its thrown away.

I just find it horrific that the Federal prosecutor instead of thanking the man and looking into it threatens the man for exposing someone who isn't even part of his agency.

"Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their

Quote Originally Posted by stealthyeliminator View Post

There is no practical way for mail to be delivered without government monopoly of the system and without coercive taxation to fund it. There's just no practical way. Please, stop with the idealistic impossibilities and just accept these immoral and illogical necessities. Unless you just want us to have no more mail, in which case we would surely plummet into anarchy, you uncivilized and immature purist.
    Spooner rolling over in his grave!

Quote Originally Posted by noname762 View Post

I stand with Freedom1Man. I don't remember the phrase exactly but the gist of it is this. If a local ordinance is written in such a way to probably benefit the local authority but NOT the local citizens of that area then it is merely a revenue collector and on the face of that alone it is a BAD ordinance. Based on this I'd vote the affected citizen not guilty. Perhaps if the locals vote this way often enough someone down at city hall might just realize it is time we strike down this ordinance and treat our citizens as ADULTS and not as errant children that need a spanking.
    Which is the overwhelming amount of "laws". Revenue collection and control.

Where does it say he was threatened with federal prosecution?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Founder's Club Member
    Quote Originally Posted by stealthyeliminator View Post

You gotta warn me before posting something like this.

I just poured out half a glass of perfectly good scotch, thinking there was something wrong with it.

(Lucky for you it wasn't very expensive. It was my weeknight scotch. So, you don't owe me very much. Less than a new keyboard. )
    Last edited by Citizen; 08-03-2015 at 07:37 PM.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Spooner rolling over in his grave!
    Damn, you beat me to it. I gotta stop using the pony express...

Regular Member stealthyeliminator's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Citizen View Post
    You gotta warn me before posting something like this.

I just poured out half a glass of perfectly good scotch, thinking there was something wrong with it.

(Lucky for you it wasn't very expensive. It was my weeknight scotch. So, you don't owe me very much. Less than a new keyboard. )
    lol, I'm pretty proud of myself for that one
    Advocate freedom please

Quote Originally Posted by throck View Post
    Where does it say he was threatened with federal prosecution?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Watch the news report at the very end the anchor/reporter passes along that info.

Founder's Club Member
    Watch the news report at the very end the anchor/reporter passes along that info.
    Thanks. I was kinda wondering about that, too. But, was too lazy to ask.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.