Thread: I hate the gun industry

I hate the gun industry

You can have any accessory you want. As long as it is made for a Glock, AR-15, or Remington 700. So aggravating. If not, you're sh it out of luck.
    Last edited by 77zach; 08-04-2015 at 04:20 PM.
    “If the natural tendencies of mankind are so bad that it is not safe to permit people to be free, how is it that the tendencies of these organizers are always good? Do not the legislators and their appointed agents also belong to the human race? Or do they believe that they themselves are made of a finer clay than the rest of mankind? ” -Bastiat

I don't "need" to openly carry a handgun or own an "assault weapon" any more than Rosa Parks needed a seat on the bus.

You should buy a CZ. That should clear up your issue.

Some one needs to get a Brownells catalog.
    Personal Defensive Solutions professional personal firearms, edge weapons and hands on defensive training and tactics pdsolutions@hotmail.com

Any and all spelling errors are just to give the spelling Nazis something to do

What accessory are you desiring and for what firearm? There's a whole industry out there devoted to making sure you can end up with your heart's desire.

stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

"It's not important how many people I've killed. What's important is how I get along with the people who are still alive" - Jimmy the Tulip

Thumbs up

Yup! Can't do anything with any other guns!

Ruger 22/45 FULL of Volquartsen goodies!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	10-45R_After.jpg 
Views:	84 
Size:	53.9 KB 
ID:	12684

Name:	22-45_02.jpg 
Views:	81 
Size:	27.6 KB 
ID:	12685

Kel-Tec SUB2000 9mm (uses S&W Model 59 mags)

Name:	2013070808.jpg 
Views:	88 
Size:	61.5 KB 
ID:	12686

High-Point 9mm 995TS Carbine

Name:	995TS.jpg 
Views:	164 
Size:	58.9 KB 
ID:	12687

PS: These are mine that I modded myself at home for low bucks...

THIS I machined and welded this wire-folding .22LR myself just for ghits and siggles from a $5 yard sale Marlin Glenfield...

Name:	glenfield.jpg 
Views:	91 
Size:	9.7 KB 
ID:	12688

Name:	glenfield-folded.jpg 
Views:	96 
Size:	15.7 KB 
ID:	12689

Trust me... there are ALWAYS options for those with imagination.
    Speedy: LOCAL League Sec/Treasurer, Information Officer
    AKA: Hero Hog, Dr. Speed, "The Brass Mangler" and "That fat, old, balding, Grey-bearded gimpy guy"

I don't have NEAR enough ammo on hand. `nuff said.

NRA Life Member, LSA, USN-DAV

"Stay safe..." - Paul "Skidmark" Henick, RIP

I don't know how to do anything, I grew up playing video games. However, youtube is changing that somewhat. I eventually found what I needed, I usually do unless it's a holster. I wanted a nice base/picatinny rail for my Savage 11 lightweight hunter. The options were unlimited if you had a Remington 700. There were some for the savage but everything was sold out or on backorder. I eventually got a TPS base and Seekins rings, but first had to research reviews along with what was available. I don't want to worry about the rail and rings when shooting at great distances.

Had an FN FAL. Had to sell it, if you're a gunsmith or a handy person with a good workshop, what an awesome rifle it would have been. Can't do anything with it otherwise.

I like XD and XD(m)'s. All holsters I want are made for Glock. If Fl ever gets OC, which we won't, this problem will be alleviated somewhat. The last CC holster I wanted was the vanguard 2 from Raven concealment. Again, Glock or M&P only.
    Last edited by 77zach; 08-05-2015 at 12:08 PM.
    “If the natural tendencies of mankind are so bad that it is not safe to permit people to be free, how is it that the tendencies of these organizers are always good? Do not the legislators and their appointed agents also belong to the human race? Or do they believe that they themselves are made of a finer clay than the rest of mankind? ” -Bastiat

I don't "need" to openly carry a handgun or own an "assault weapon" any more than Rosa Parks needed a seat on the bus.

Tell the NRA that Obama is trying to infringe on your ability to get Savage accessories and stand by. Some NRA fed congressman will float a "Savage Accessory Access" bill that will require stores to stock Savage Accessories because, you know, the 2nd Amendment guarantees the right to bear modified Savage rifles. /s
    Last edited by beebobby; 08-05-2015 at 01:27 PM.

Alexandria, VA at www.NoVA-MDSelfDefense.com
    Quote Originally Posted by 77zach View Post
    I don't know how to do anything, I grew up playing video games. However, youtube is changing that somewhat. I eventually found what I needed, I usually do unless it's a holster. I wanted a nice base/picatinny rail for my Savage 11 lightweight hunter. The options were unlimited if you had a Remington 700. There were some for the savage but everything was sold out or on backorder. I eventually got a TPS base and Seekins rings, but first had to research reviews along with what was available. I don't want to worry about the rail and rings when shooting at great distances.

Had an FN FAL. Had to sell it, if you're a gunsmith or a handy person with a good workshop, what an awesome rifle it would have been. Can't do anything with it otherwise.

I like XD and XD(m)'s. All holsters I want are made for Glock. If Fl ever gets OC, which we won't, this problem will be alleviated somewhat. The last CC holster I wanted was the vanguard 2 from Raven concealment. Again, Glock or M&P only.
    So..... if a manufacturer provides an accessory for any one model of rifle, shotgun or pistol, they should be required to provide that same accessory for every model of rifle, shotgun or pistol?
    Air Force Veteran
    NRA Life Member
    VCDL Member
    NRA Certified Chief Range Safety Officer
    NRA Certified Instructor: Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Home Firearm Safety, Personal Protection
    Maryland Qualified Handgun Instructor
    Certified Instructor, Associated Gun Clubs of Baltimore, Inc.
    Member, Mt. Washington Rod & Gun Club
    National Sporting Clays Association Certified Referee

Regular Member stealthyeliminator's Avatar
    Erm, I think you guys are blowing some simple venting way out of proportion...
    Advocate freedom please

Quote Originally Posted by stealthyeliminator View Post
    Not me. I provided a perfectly sarcastic answer right off the bat.

Founder's Club Member
    Quote Originally Posted by stealthyeliminator View Post
    Venting? C'mon. I've been angry ever since Remington converted their revolvers to fire metallic cartridges. The whole world went ga-ga over new-fangled, all-in-one cartridges.

Suddenly, I ended up having to cast my own round-ball bullets--nobody sold them any more. Either that, or spend a fortune buying a special revolver cylinder converted to fire metallic cartridges. It wasn't until about thirty years ago, I noticed a company named Speer was making round balls again.

By that time, black powder and round ball was relegated to a recreational activity <snort!>

Don't tell me about venting!

I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Citizen View Post
    Venting? C'mon. I've been angry ever since Remington converted their revolvers to fire metallic cartridges. The whole world went ga-ga over new-fangled, all-in-one cartridges.

Suddenly, I ended up having to cast my own round-ball bullets--nobody sold them any more. Either that, or spend a fortune buying a special revolver cylinder converted to fire metallic cartridges. It wasn't until about thirty years ago, I noticed a company named Speer was making round balls again.

By that time, black powder and round ball was relegated to a recreational activity <snort!>

Don't tell me about venting!

My take away the market saw a demand and stepped up. Although not as quick as some would like.......
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

LOL, merely a jocular venting.

It is strange though. I don't care what people like, glock and remy 700 are ubiquitous so naturally there will be more accessories for them. It's just painful when what you think are superior products aren't supported nearly as well by peripheral industries.

Quote Originally Posted by blahpony View Post
    You should buy a CZ.
    Got a few, great weapons and a lanyard ring. Gotta have a lanyard ring.

Quote Originally Posted by Firearms Iinstuctor View Post
    Some one needs to get a Brownells catalog.
    Amazing what can be found there. Submit your FFL and you get a discount pricing.

Quote Originally Posted by 77zach View Post
    I don't know how to do anything, I grew up playing video games. However, youtube is changing that somewhat.

Well there is your problem, but you have identified it yourself and you are taking actions (youtoob) to remedy it. I build/create firearms, it is very fun. Try this site to enhance your knowledge. http://www.weaponsguild.com/

I carried an FN-Fal for a year in the bush while in central africa. Great weapon that always worked for me. Very heavy and extra rounds got heavy too, especially when you had to jump out of aircraft with it. The key to the FN is the same as the Stoner, you have to keep it bloody clean. Not easy to do in the bush, very easy to do at home.
    "Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the people's liberty teeth (and) keystone... the rifle and the pistol are equally indispensable... more than 99% of them by their silence indicate that they are in safe and sane hands. The very atmosphere of firearms everywhere restrains evil interference .When firearms go, all goes, we need them every hour." -- George Washington