• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

I hate the gun industry

77zach

You can have any accessory you want. As long as it is made for a Glock, AR-15, or Remington 700. So aggravating. If not, you're sh it out of luck.

Last edited:

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
What accessory are you desiring and for what firearm? There's a whole industry out there devoted to making sure you can end up with your heart's desire.

stay safe.

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
55985401.jpg

HeroHog

Yup! Can't do anything with any other guns!

Ruger 22/45 FULL of Volquartsen goodies!
10-45R_After.jpg

22-45_02.jpg

Kel-Tec SUB2000 9mm (uses S&W Model 59 mags)
2013070808.jpg

High-Point 9mm 995TS Carbine
995TS.jpg

PS: These are mine that I modded myself at home for low bucks...

THIS I machined and welded this wire-folding .22LR myself just for ghits and siggles from a $5 yard sale Marlin Glenfield...
glenfield.jpg
glenfield-folded.jpg

Trust me... there are ALWAYS options for those with imagination. :idea:

77zach

I don't know how to do anything, I grew up playing video games. However, youtube is changing that somewhat. I eventually found what I needed, I usually do unless it's a holster. I wanted a nice base/picatinny rail for my Savage 11 lightweight hunter. The options were unlimited if you had a Remington 700. There were some for the savage but everything was sold out or on backorder. I eventually got a TPS base and Seekins rings, but first had to research reviews along with what was available. I don't want to worry about the rail and rings when shooting at great distances.

Had an FN FAL. Had to sell it, if you're a gunsmith or a handy person with a good workshop, what an awesome rifle it would have been. Can't do anything with it otherwise.

I like XD and XD(m)'s. All holsters I want are made for Glock. If Fl ever gets OC, which we won't, this problem will be alleviated somewhat. The last CC holster I wanted was the vanguard 2 from Raven concealment. Again, Glock or M&P only.

Last edited:

beebobby

Tell the NRA that Obama is trying to infringe on your ability to get Savage accessories and stand by. Some NRA fed congressman will float a "Savage Accessory Access" bill that will require stores to stock Savage Accessories because, you know, the 2nd Amendment guarantees the right to bear modified Savage rifles. /s

Last edited:

JamesCanby

Activist Member
Alexandria, VA at www.NoVA-MDSelfDefense.com
I don't know how to do anything, I grew up playing video games. However, youtube is changing that somewhat. I eventually found what I needed, I usually do unless it's a holster. I wanted a nice base/picatinny rail for my Savage 11 lightweight hunter. The options were unlimited if you had a Remington 700. There were some for the savage but everything was sold out or on backorder. I eventually got a TPS base and Seekins rings, but first had to research reviews along with what was available. I don't want to worry about the rail and rings when shooting at great distances.

Had an FN FAL. Had to sell it, if you're a gunsmith or a handy person with a good workshop, what an awesome rifle it would have been. Can't do anything with it otherwise.

I like XD and XD(m)'s. All holsters I want are made for Glock. If Fl ever gets OC, which we won't, this problem will be alleviated somewhat. The last CC holster I wanted was the vanguard 2 from Raven concealment. Again, Glock or M&P only.

So..... if a manufacturer provides an accessory for any one model of rifle, shotgun or pistol, they should be required to provide that same accessory for every model of rifle, shotgun or pistol?

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
Erm, I think you guys are blowing some simple venting way out of proportion...

Venting? C'mon. I've been angry ever since Remington converted their revolvers to fire metallic cartridges. The whole world went ga-ga over new-fangled, all-in-one cartridges.

Suddenly, I ended up having to cast my own round-ball bullets--nobody sold them any more. Either that, or spend a fortune buying a special revolver cylinder converted to fire metallic cartridges. It wasn't until about thirty years ago, I noticed a company named Speer was making round balls again.

By that time, black powder and round ball was relegated to a recreational activity <snort!>

Don't tell me about venting!

:p:)

sudden valley gunner

Venting? C'mon. I've been angry ever since Remington converted their revolvers to fire metallic cartridges. The whole world went ga-ga over new-fangled, all-in-one cartridges.

Suddenly, I ended up having to cast my own round-ball bullets--nobody sold them any more. Either that, or spend a fortune buying a special revolver cylinder converted to fire metallic cartridges. It wasn't until about thirty years ago, I noticed a company named Speer was making round balls again.

By that time, black powder and round ball was relegated to a recreational activity <snort!>

Don't tell me about venting!

:p:)

My take away the market saw a demand and stepped up. Although not as quick as some would like.......;)

77zach

LOL, merely a jocular venting.

It is strange though. I don't care what people like, glock and remy 700 are ubiquitous so naturally there will be more accessories for them. It's just painful when what you think are superior products aren't supported nearly as well by peripheral industries.

MSG Laigaie

Campaign Veteran
You should buy a CZ.;)
Got a few, great weapons and a lanyard ring. Gotta have a lanyard ring.

Some one needs to get a Brownells catalog.
Amazing what can be found there. Submit your FFL and you get a discount pricing.

I don't know how to do anything, I grew up playing video games. However, youtube is changing that somewhat.

Well there is your problem, but you have identified it yourself and you are taking actions (youtoob) to remedy it. I build/create firearms, it is very fun. Try this site to enhance your knowledge. http://www.weaponsguild.com/

I carried an FN-Fal for a year in the bush while in central africa. Great weapon that always worked for me. Very heavy and extra rounds got heavy too, especially when you had to jump out of aircraft with it. The key to the FN is the same as the Stoner, you have to keep it bloody clean. Not easy to do in the bush, very easy to do at home.