Thread: Lowe's Hardware in Hickory NC

Lowe's Hardware in Hickory NC

Walked into Lowes today to pickup a water filter as I have done for the past 7 years and a customer approaching me pushing a buggy stopped me ask asked with a smart attitude 'why do you carry a gun in lowe's'? Well I could tell he was trying to push my buttons and i was in no mood for a smart azz today. I said tactfully because I can and then asked him if he carries a cell phone. He gave me a funny look and i said which had you rather have a cell phone or a gun if someone started shooting at this very moment. He looked dazed and glazed and walked off I just smiled and went on my business. I don't mind educating a person with a legitimate question but you can tell when they are plain out being an azz to put it bluntly. Just had to tell you guys as and what are your thoughts?
    Last edited by Ricky; 08-04-2015 at 07:34 PM.

That's the guy that deserved the "Because I have a small penis" line. Say it with a straight, slightly sad face, and a sigh.
    "It's not important how many people I've killed. What's important is how I get along with the people who are still alive" - Jimmy the Tulip

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    Walked into Lowes today to pickup a water filter as I have done for the past 7 years and a customer approaching me pushing a buggy stopped me ask asked with a smart attitude 'why do you carry a gun in lowe's'? Well I could tell he was trying to push my buttons and i was in no mood for a smart azz today. I said tactfully because I can and then asked him if he carries a cell phone. He gave me a funny look and i said which had you rather have a cell phone or a gun if someone started shooting at this very moment. He looked dazed and glazed and walked off I just smiled and went on my business. I don't mind educating a person with a legitimate question but you can tell when they are plain out being an azz to put it bluntly. Just had to tell you guys as and what are your thoughts?
    Good story from a negative encounter.

Well done!

stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by skidmark View Post
    Well done!

stay safe.
    Not sooper rare?
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.