• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Lowe's Hardware in Hickory NC

Ricky

Walked into Lowes today to pickup a water filter as I have done for the past 7 years and a customer approaching me pushing a buggy stopped me ask asked with a smart attitude 'why do you carry a gun in lowe's'? Well I could tell he was trying to push my buttons and i was in no mood for a smart azz today. I said tactfully because I can and then asked him if he carries a cell phone. He gave me a funny look and i said which had you rather have a cell phone or a gun if someone started shooting at this very moment. He looked dazed and glazed and walked off I just smiled and went on my business. I don't mind educating a person with a legitimate question but you can tell when they are plain out being an azz to put it bluntly. Just had to tell you guys as and what are your thoughts?

Last edited:

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
That's the guy that deserved the "Because I have a small penis" line. Say it with a straight, slightly sad face, and a sigh.

nobama

Walked into Lowes today to pickup a water filter as I have done for the past 7 years and a customer approaching me pushing a buggy stopped me ask asked with a smart attitude 'why do you carry a gun in lowe's'? Well I could tell he was trying to push my buttons and i was in no mood for a smart azz today. I said tactfully because I can and then asked him if he carries a cell phone. He gave me a funny look and i said which had you rather have a cell phone or a gun if someone started shooting at this very moment. He looked dazed and glazed and walked off I just smiled and went on my business. I don't mind educating a person with a legitimate question but you can tell when they are plain out being an azz to put it bluntly. Just had to tell you guys as and what are your thoughts?

Good story from a negative encounter.