Thread: "Jaywalking" man with gun, 30 bags of weed freed on technicality

"Jaywalking" man with gun, 30 bags of weed freed on technicality

Robinson’s lawyer, however, successfully argued that his client wasn’t jaywalking at all.
    Because he didn’t disrupt any traffic, he was simply “crossing the street.” Therefore, Robinson should never have been stopped
    — and if he hadn’t been stopped, cops wouldn’t have found the gun...

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2015...d-all-charges/
    Last edited by oldbanger; 08-07-2015 at 01:00 PM. Reason: changed link address

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Good.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

Status
    Not Found
    The requested resource was not found.

http://www.fox2detroit.com/story/297...n-technicality
    wazzup widat?

stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

Founder's Club Member

Thread Title Should Read...

..."Court Bars Wrongful Prosecution, Slaps Down Rights Violations."

Those "technicalities" are what's left of your rights and liberties.

Starting back, say, in the 1980's, the print media started carrying stories and comments of outrage where some judge had released a dangerous criminal on a "technicality". Lots of outrage.

Actually, the judge(s) were doing their job. Those "technicalities" are your due process rights, or your 4th and 5th Amendment rights, etc. When vilifying the judge, the critics are selecting the wrong target. The correct target is the police or prosecutor who didn't play by the rules (rights), allowing a criminal to go free, when they should have been following correct procedure.

Always become alert when you read or hear someone complain that a judge freed a criminal on a "technicality". Why is the critic attempting to minimize rights or induce disregard for rights by mischaracterizing the judge's actions?

Rights are not "technicalities". They were paid for in blood, smoke, and treasure across more than five centuries.

PS: The link didn't work for me.
    Last edited by Citizen; 08-06-2015 at 11:22 PM.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Accomplished Advocate color of law's Avatar

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Citizen View Post
    ..."Court Bars Wrongful Prosecution, Slaps Down Rights Violations."

Those "technicalities" are what's left of your rights and liberties.

Starting back, say, in the 1980's, the print media started carrying stories and comments of outrage where some judge had released a dangerous criminal on a "technicality". Lots of outrage.

Actually, the judge(s) were doing their job. Those "technicalities" are your due process rights, or your 4th and 5th Amendment rights, etc. When vilifying the judge, the critics are selecting the wrong target. The correct target is the police or prosecutor who didn't play by the rules (rights), allowing a criminal to go free, when they should have been following correct procedure.

Always become alert when you read or hear someone complain that a judge freed a criminal on a "technicality". Why is the critic attempting to minimize rights or induce disregard for rights by mischaracterizing the judge's actions?

Rights are not "technicalities". They were paid for in blood, smoke, and treasure across more than five centuries.

PS: The link didn't work for me.
    +1 Yay Reagan......

The reporter in this incident did the used car salesmen sleazy pitch that this just wasn't right too.

I hope the client sues and wins a case for his rights being violated.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

Quote Originally Posted by color of law View Post
    Thanks for the link.

Now I know where the spirit of Billy Mays went. That reporter could turn a summer shower into The Flood, complete with Noah and an ark. And to think, all through that
    'interview' he was [reporter's voice] holding a live microphone![/reporter's voice]

stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

Quote Originally Posted by skidmark View Post
    Thanks for the link.

Now I know where the spirit of Billy Mays went. That reporter could turn a summer shower into The Flood, complete with Noah and an ark. And to think, all through that
    'interview' he was [reporter's voice] holding a live microphone![/reporter's voice]

stay safe.
    The other side of the coin is the reporter was intentionally asking the questions that every constitutional ignorant citizen would ask. The citizen got a constitutional lesson in the fundamentals of rights that the citizen should already know and understand.

Maybe the reporter was lampooning his audience; an audience who doesn't get it.....

Quote Originally Posted by color of law View Post

Maybe the reporter was lampooning his audience; an audience who doesn't get it.....
    Maybe, but I'm not willing to risk the space inside a donut betting on that.

Read about "The Narrative" here (picked because of convenience only) http://gunfreezone.net/wordpress/ind...the-narrative/

stay safe.

----Allahpundit

Quote Originally Posted by skidmark View Post
    Maybe, but I'm not willing to risk the space inside a donut betting on that.

Read about "The Narrative" here (picked because of convenience only) http://gunfreezone.net/wordpress/ind...the-narrative/

stay safe.
    Well, we both know and understand the definition of "maybe."