Thread: Southern Gun World: Crime Victim

Southern Gun World: Crime Victim

Well, they are victims, right?

Intruders break through roof of Southern Gun World, take 31 firearms
    Thieves broke through the ceiling of Southern Gun World in Chesterfield County early Friday and stole at least 31 firearms before escaping back through the roof, police and a store official said.

The break-in was the second involving an area gun shop in 11 weeks.

"They climbed on top of the roof and pushed in an air conditioner unit on top the roof," down to the showroom floor, said Mitch Miles, the store's sales manager.
    I noticed this "helpful" comment below the article:
    If I were insuring this place I'd also require firearms storage in a secure safe every night. There's really no excuse for two clowns to successfully pull this off without heavy equipment. - David Bell
    Anyone, please explain how UBC's wiil keep guns out of the wrong hands.

Perhaps Mr. Bell ought to take his suggestion to the ATF, who having been through the discussion a number of times already ought to be just chomping at the bit to renew the conversation with FFLs and gun-rights organizations.

Locking everything up at night, which also means restocking the shelves every morning, is nothing less than an end-around attempt to close down gun stores.

stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

Crazy story...

I've shot at the range behind that store a handful of times and would shop around Southern Gun World as many if not more times than that. That's a pretty well known cop "shop" and it's right there on Midlothian Tpk. Those are some ballsy criminals! Bust in through the roof, rappel down into the store and get away with 31+ firearms - twice in 3 months?!?! It couldn't have been a different group of robbers, could it? If so, that's one potentially fatally unsecure building.

Reminds me of some crazy Ocean's Eleven plot or something.
    Sic semper evello mortem tyrannis.

μολὼν λαβέ

Quote Originally Posted by stealthyeliminator
    So in actuality you have no evidence that anything wrong took place, you only believe that it could be spun to appear wrong. But it hasn't been. The truth has a funny way of coming out with persistence, even if it was spun negatively the truth would find its way because these people will not accept less.
    Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    The truth causes some people so much pain they can only respond with impotent laughable insults. Life must be rough for those people.

Quote Originally Posted by The Truth View Post
    Crazy story...

- twice in 3 months?!?! .
    Twice? Are you sure?

Counting the LGS robbery in Powhatan County there have been two incidents in the last 3 months. But IIRC it's been 20+ years between when Southern Gun World was robbed (well, it was an attempted robbery, not a sucessful one) when some guy rammed his car into the back door and this incident.

stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

Quote Originally Posted by The Truth View Post
    Crazy story...

I've shot at the range behind that store a handful of times and would shop around Southern Gun World as many if not more times than that. That's a pretty well known cop "shop" and it's right there on Midlothian Tpk. Those are some ballsy criminals! Bust in through the roof, rappel down into the store and get away with 31+ firearms - twice in 3 months?!?! It couldn't have been a different group of robbers, could it? If so, that's one potentially fatally unsecure building.

Reminds me of some crazy Ocean's Eleven plot or something.
    The thing I like best is that it is right across from VA State Police HQ. So much for the police protecting us.

;>)

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by va_tazdad View Post
    The thing I like best is that it is right across from VA State Police HQ. So much for the police protecting us.

;>)
    The doughnut shop next door closed..........for lack of police presence?
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Certain factors suggest to me that an Agency of the United States may be responsible.

However, one might consider that similar break-ins happened in Northern Virginia a few years back, notably at Virginia Arms Co. in Manassas. They put bars in the ceiling, so the whole shop is one big steel cage. They've also got barriers in the front and back so no one can drive a truck through. Didn't anyone else in Va. learn anything from that?
    Last edited by user; 08-09-2015 at 08:25 AM.
    Daniel L. Hawes - 540 347 2430 - HTTP://www.VirginiaLegalDefense.com

By the way, nothing I say on this website as "user" should be taken as either advertising for attorney services or legal advice, merely personal opinion. Everyone having a question regarding the application of law to the facts of their situation should seek the advice of an attorney competent in the subject matter of the issues presented and licensed to practice in the relevant state.

you would think at least a few of those "legal guns" would jump up and try to defend themselves. especially when you consider how often those nasty "illegal guns" get blamed for shootings all over the place.

More pictures of the suspects - 3 are female.
    http://www.nbc12.com/story/29735710/...field-gun-shop

Think it is just a matter of time.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

I bet the guns will turn up when the thieves sell them to NE crooks and they get nabbed when they register them in DC, MD, NJ or NY...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    “Men live without other security than what their own strength and their own invention shall furnish them"
    -Thomas Hobbes 1651

Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    More pictures of the suspects - 3 are female.

Think it is just a matter of time.
    Really? SGW has shopping handbaskets by the door? Since when?

The quality of video captures is also startlingly different. Anybody that's been to SGW should know that's not a picture of their front, side or rear entrance areas.

Makes me think someone is feeding us video from some shoplifting incident as opposed to a daring nighttime rooftop robbery.

stay safe.

----Allahpundit

Quote Originally Posted by skidmark View Post
    Really? SGW has shopping handbaskets by the door? Since when?

The quality of video captures is also startlingly different. Anybody that's been to SGW should know that's not a picture of their front, side or rear entrance areas.

Makes me think someone is feeding us video from some shoplifting incident as opposed to a daring nighttime rooftop robbery.

stay safe.
    Perhaps you missed this:

"Surveillance cameras at a nearby convenience store captured images of three female suspects involved in the incident. After leaving the convenience store, the female suspects entered a blue sedan, drove to Southern Police Equipment and picked up the two male suspects."

Quote Originally Posted by HPmatt View Post
    I bet the guns will turn up when the thieves sell them to NE crooks and they get nabbed when they register them in DC, MD, NJ or NY...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Seems they "turned up" in Newport News:

4 arrested, 1 detained in burglary of Chesterfield gun store
    Thomas Faison, a spokesman for the U.S. Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives said five people have arrested and those suspects represent everyone allegedly involved in the burglary and theft.

All five were arrested in the Newport News area, and at least three of them live there.

"The guns are down in Newport News, Va.," Faison said. "They took them down there to sell. We're recovering them now. I don't have the number of how many have been recovered."

Those arrested and charged with one count each of burglary and grand larceny were identified as:

Deshawn Shields, 19, of the 4500 block of Marshall Avenue in Newport News; Endyia Washington, 25, and Mariah V. Walker, 22, of the same address; and Xavier S. Greene, 20, whose address was not immediately known.

All four are being processed at the Newport News Jail, police said.

Perhaps you missed this:

"Surveillance cameras at a nearby convenience store captured images of three female suspects involved in the incident. After leaving the convenience store, the female suspects entered a blue sedan, drove to Southern Police Equipment and picked up the two male suspects."

Not the 7-11 on Turner and not the Exxon on the corner of Turner & Midlo.

Makes me think the females talked.

stay safe.

----Allahpundit

Quote Originally Posted by skidmark View Post
    Not the 7-11 on Turner and not the Exxon on the corner of Turner & Midlo.

Makes me think the females talked.

stay safe.
    Howsome, however - the connection was made

When the dust settles, maybe the media will get it right.

http://www.nbc12.com/story/29751142/...store-burglary
    Last edited by Grapeshot; 08-10-2015 at 10:21 PM. Reason: fixy linky

Howsome, however - the connection was made

When the dust settles, maybe the media will get it right.

http://4 arrested in Chesterfield gun store burglary
    That link has some issues.

Quote Originally Posted by FBrinson View Post
    That link has some issues.
    How can you suggest it "has issues" when it is not even a real link?

If there are issues, they are with the person who posted that.

stay safe.

----Allahpundit

Regular Member Liberty-or-Death's Avatar
    Be active.

Some of the guns were also recovered in Hampton.

http://wtkr.com/2015/08/10/four-arre...-supply-store/

I work at the shipyard in Newport News and drive down Victoria Blvd in Hampton on the way to work almost every day. Greenbriar Ave was blocked off at Victoria Blvd when I drove by Monday afternoon on the way to work. There were news crews filming down the street and I could see the cop cars down the street. Later I found out the police had made arrests and recovered stolen guns. I just now found out they were from the Chesterfield theft.

There has been some shootings on Greenbriar and some killings. This past February 2 houses were hit by gunfire. The residents claim to be "fed up"

Some of the guns were also recovered on Marshall Ave in Newport News right down the street from the building I have been working in since 2001. There are also lots of shootings and killings in that area too and south of that area which is called "the East End" and is the worst part of town. Last week there was an altercation at the convenience store/ gas mart in the 4600 block of Marshall Ave. Someone was wounded by glass or bullet fragments when they shot up the store front.
    Last edited by mobeewan; 08-11-2015 at 05:09 AM.
    Revelation 1911 - And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

Talked to one of the principals of Southern Police Equipment - yes, all of the guns that were stolen were recovered.
    Last edited by Grapeshot; 09-04-2015 at 05:41 PM. Reason: spelling