Thread: Had lunch with 3 LEO's and both my wife and I got detained

Had lunch with 3 LEO's and both my wife and I got detained

Took our dog to the vet - again - for her ACL/LCL/ALCU/LSD/whatever surgery for the umteenth time. Said they had to do some work on her (drain the surgery site), could we go run some errands and come back in an hour. Happened before, prolly happen again, no big surprise there. So we decided to go to lunch.

The lunch place we went to is a cool little hole in the wall, about a mile or so SW of downtown Pulaski, TN. Real nice place, we've been there before. The owner is both hot, very nice and very hot. (Don't mention the hot part to my wife, ok?). Walk in, place is full (pretty small place), and we take a seat at the counter, the only two seats left.

Get settled in, get our drink order in and I take a casual look around. Oh, that's interesting: two of three guys against the back wall table have sidearms, can't see the third guys right side due to the way he's sitting, but his demeanor and clothing and the little badge thingie embroidered on his casual shirt pretty much make clear he's one too. Of course, my well maintained and shiny brand new (read: dirty as heck, been in the field bushhogging and god knows what else) S&W 329PD is right there hanging out on my right side for the all the world to see, including the three local (I think) gendarmes.

Got our lunch order, ate our lunch and then just after they got up to pay the cashier, we were done and did the same thing.

My wife was the first to be detained. As she was attempting to open the door with a drink in one hand and a to-go box in the other, one of the LEO's went forward and helped her with the door. I saw this as I was just leaving the tip on the table. As he got back into the line just before me, I thanked him and told him that I appreciated it. He said no problem.

Then I was detained.
    Last edited by FTG-05; 08-08-2015 at 07:28 PM.

AND.......
    Detained for what?

As the Word Turns...

Tune in tomorrow...

you are detaining readers...

Founder's Club Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cjohnson44546 View Post
    you are detaining readers...

My attention has been unreasonably seized!
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Son of a.... cliffhangers in a OC thread??? This cannot stand!
    Guard with jealous attention the public liberty.
    Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel.
    Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force.
    Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined.
    -Patrick Henry, Virginia Ratification Convention, June 5, 1788

Founder's Club Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DeSchaine View Post
    Son of a.... cliffhangers in a OC thread??? This cannot stand!
    Are you saying a cliff-hanger must fall?
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

If you were detained and just asked to produce your HCP that is completely acceptable, and somewhat expected, the way current TN law is written.

Not that I personally agree with it.
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." -- Thomas Jefferson

"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." -- Benjamin Franklin

Detained....by the cashier; she had his "paperwork" and would not let him go until he paid.
    Detained....wife was outside, and the "hot" owner detained his attention.

Maybe they each wanted to-go detainer for their leftovers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    “Men live without other security than what their own strength and their own invention shall furnish them"
    -Thomas Hobbes 1651

Oh crap, I totally forgot about this! Teach me to post something just before my wife calls me to dinner!!!

Someone above had it right: I was detained waiting in line behind the three cops while they paid for their food. And yea, it probably would have gone a lot faster (or seemed to) if the hot owner was still there, but she left a couple minutes before. The cops sure enjoyed looking at her though, I noticed.

Anyway, I thought it would make for a funny thread, too bad I screwed it up.......

Sorry 'bout that!

Quote Originally Posted by FTG-05 View Post
    ...The cops sure enjoyed looking at her though, I noticed.!
    Well, if she's that good-looking, post her picture, so we can all weigh in on the matter!

Quote Originally Posted by BB62 View Post
    Well, if she's that good-looking, post her picture, so we can all weigh in on the matter!
    "Honey, sweetie, I have to go to that little hole in the wall place again. The guys want a picture of the hawt owner I told the guys about. You want me to bring you back anything?"

Let us know when the folks in Physical Therapy say you can use a computer again.

stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

Quote Originally Posted by skidmark View Post
    "Honey, sweetie, I have to go to that little hole in the wall place again. The guys want a picture of the hawt owner I told the guys about. You want me to bring you back anything?"

Let us know when the folks in Physical Therapy say you can use a computer again.

stay safe.
    More like you would see a headline like this: "Man killed by wife, shot multiple times, ruled a justifiable homicide!"

Having said that, I have noticed that none of my fellow TN (or north AL) members have asked where this hole in the wall is located...... Just sayin'.

Quote Originally Posted by Fallguy View Post
    If you were detained and just asked to produce your HCP that is completely acceptable, and somewhat expected, the way current TN law is written.

Not that I personally agree with it.
    You remind of that guy that was in this documentary on space a year or so ago: Nothing went over his head, his reflexes were so fast, he would catch it!!!

But is he correct? Is mere knowledge of a firearm in Tennessee is prima facie evidence of a crime?

39-17-1307. Unlawful carrying or possession of a weapon.
    (a) (1) A person commits an offense who carries with the intent to go armed a firearm, a knife with a blade length exceeding four inches (4²), or a club.

39-17-1308. Defenses to unlawful possession or carrying of a weapon.
    (a) It is a defense to the application of § 39-17-1307 if the possession or carrying was:
    (2) By a person authorized to possess or carry a firearm pursuant to § 39-17-1315* or § 39-17-1351;

*39-17-1315 - Written directive and permit to carry handguns (law enforcement exception) and 39-17-1351 - Handgun carry permits.

Quote Originally Posted by Fallschirmjäger View Post
    But is he correct? Is mere knowledge of a firearm in Tennessee is prima facie evidence of a crime?

39-17-1307. Unlawful carrying or possession of a weapon.
    (a) (1) A person commits an offense who carries with the intent to go armed a firearm, a knife with a blade length exceeding four inches (4²), or a club.

39-17-1308. Defenses to unlawful possession or carrying of a weapon.
    (a) It is a defense to the application of § 39-17-1307 if the possession or carrying was:
    (2) By a person authorized to possess or carry a firearm pursuant to § 39-17-1315* or § 39-17-1351;

*39-17-1315 - Written directive and permit to carry handguns (law enforcement exception) and 39-17-1351 - Handgun carry permits.

The knife part ain't so anymore . Knives are fully unregulated now .

Banned
    They grabbed him as he was posting !

Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    They grabbed him as he was posting !
    Sure are a lot of people trying to turn a humor thread into something serious!

Having said that: I have a 8 month old female puppy that needs to be fixed. Time to go back to the vet (and lunch at the hole in the wall with the hot owner!).

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by FTG-05 View Post
    Sure are a lot of people trying to turn a humor thread into something serious!

Having said that: I have a 8 month old female puppy that needs to be fixed. Time to go back to the vet (and lunch at the hole in the wall with the hot owner!).
    What did you do to that little puppy that it now needs to be fixed?

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Wonder if it is the same thing that some have suggested be accomplished in your case?
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    Wonder if it is the same thing that some have suggested be accomplished in your case?
    Can't fix what ain't broke Grape. Happy Christmas !

The same thing all female puppies need fixin' if you don't want more puppies!

To whit:

I am sure that puppy was chasin' the rat that burrowed into that tractor sectional...

“Men live without other security than what their own strength and their own invention shall furnish them"
    -Thomas Hobbes 1651

Quote Originally Posted by HPmatt View Post
    I am sure that puppy was chasin' the rat that burrowed into that tractor sectional...

Yea, tell my four shop cats that there is a rat in my shop. Good luck with that!