Thread: A lot of shootings in OKC.

A lot of shootings in OKC.

If I may say without any offense to anyone. Every night I hear on the news reports of shootings in OKC. I live in Moore,OK and although I have a ccl I don't carry because I don't see the need in it. However with all of the shootings I am starting to have second thoughts and maybe start carrying around my house and if I go out at night to the store. Its like the saying goes its better to have a gun on you and not need it then to not have it and need it. All comments are welcome.

Greggfixed title
    Last edited by Grapeshot; 08-09-2015 at 01:29 PM. Reason: fixed title

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gwhitegm60 View Post
    If I may say without any offense to anyone. Every night I hear on the news reports of shootings in OKC. I live in Moore,OK and although I have a ccl I don't carry because I don't see the need in it. However with all of the shootings I am starting to have second thoughts and maybe start carrying around my house and if I go out at night to the store. Its like the saying goes its better to have a gun on you and not need it then to not have it and need it. All comments are welcome.

Gregg
    Suggest that you carry 24/7 wherever possible.

Don't think that I would ever be able to forgive myself if something very bad were to happen to my loved ones (including myself) and I did not have the capacity to prevent it.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Quote Originally Posted by gwhitegm60 View Post
    [ ... ] Its like the saying goes its better to have a gun on you and not need it then to not have it and need it. All comments are welcome. Gregg
    It is good that you have seen the light. Welcome to the community.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

I live in OKC and I open carry daily. I OC at home and when I go out. I've had no issues anywhere, except Whataburger.

It's just not worth the risk to potentially need protection and not have it.

So Whataburger in OK is enforcing the reported no OC policy?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    “Men live without other security than what their own strength and their own invention shall furnish them"
    -Thomas Hobbes 1651

Quote Originally Posted by HPmatt View Post
    So Whataburger in OK is enforcing the reported no OC policy?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Unfortunately, yes. Some managers seem to let it slide, but I was finally asked to leave at one location. So I stopped going all together.

If I thought I was going to need a gun, I would either not go out or would carry something a damn' sight bigger than a handgun. I carry handguns for the "what ifs" in life, and I always carry at least one handgun.
    "If the truth hurts, it should." - Dad

" A year from now, ten, they'll swing back to the belief that they can make people... better. And I do not hold to that. So no more running. I aim to misbehave." - Malcolm Reynolds, Serenity

"The cheaper the crook, the gaudier the patter." - Sam Spade, The Maltese Falcon

Quote Originally Posted by Elm Creek Smith View Post
    If I thought I was going to need a gun, I would either not go out or would carry something a damn' sight bigger than a handgun. I carry handguns for the "what ifs" in life, and I always carry at least one handgun.
    Walking away is good. Running away is better - it is faster
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    "What if..." you can't walk/run/drive away? Not saying you shouldn't avoid trouble when you can. Just sayin'.

Sent from my TrioStealthG410_1V2 using Tapatalk
    "If the truth hurts, it should." - Dad

" A year from now, ten, they'll swing back to the belief that they can make people... better. And I do not hold to that. So no more running. I aim to misbehave." - Malcolm Reynolds, Serenity

"The cheaper the crook, the gaudier the patter." - Sam Spade, The Maltese Falcon

--snipped--I carry handguns for the "what ifs" in life, and I always carry at least one handgun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    "What if..." you can't walk/run/drive away? Not saying you shouldn't avoid trouble when you can. Just sayin'.
    Seems as though you've already answered your own question.