• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Issaquah OC Thread?

wczimmerman

I didn't find any existing thread on east King County/Issaquah OC experiences so I thought I would start one. I regularly carry openly in Issaquah (and just about everywhere else for that matter).

Home Depot: no issues. I had some guy yell from his car his approval across the parking lot one day, but that was about the extent of my reactions.
Fred Meyer: no issues at all. I did see one other guy one day openly carrying in the parking lot-we greeted each other quickly and went about our day.
Downtown Issaquah, including the library: no issues
Red Apple Market: no issues
Farmer's Market at Pickering Barn: no issues
Costco: no issues

Alpine

Surprised you had no issues at Costco. They are known to be anti-gun and even though they bury their gun prohibition deep in several nested policies that refer to each other, they have asked people to leave if they see a gun. I had one Costco attendant ask me to leave Costco in Issaquah when open carrying there.

Be careful about OCing at Costco. They have been complicit in executing armed citizens:
http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/showthread.php?80984-Sentenced-to-Death-for-Shopping-at-COSTCO

wczimmerman

I appreciate that!

I'm not in there often and I suspect nobody has said anything because nobody has noticed.

CheerfulHoplite

I didn't find any existing thread on east King County/Issaquah OC experiences so I thought I would start one. I regularly carry openly in Issaquah (and just about everywhere else for that matter).

Fred Meyer: no issues at all. I did see one other guy one day openly carrying in the parking lot-we greeted each other quickly and went about our day.

Out of curiosity, how long ago was this, and is it possible for you to describe that "one other guy", and/or his vehicle?

I suspect you *MIGHT* be speaking of me. :)

wczimmerman

Out of curiosity, how long ago was this, and is it possible for you to describe that "one other guy", and/or his vehicle?

I suspect you *MIGHT* be speaking of me. :)

Uh oh...you're asking me to remember something from a while back. I seem to recall it was a younger guy, perhaps early to mid 20's in a t-shirt and maybe some dark colored jeans. I think he had at least one tatoo. Of all the things, I wish I could remember what he was carrying. I want to say it was an XD of some sort, but again, my memory may not be right. He was very friendly. I was out with my whole family: my wife, 2 daughters, and my 3 year old son carrying a Glock 21.

golddigger14s

Activist Member
Uh oh...you're asking me to remember something from a while back. I seem to recall it was a younger guy, perhaps early to mid 20's in a t-shirt and maybe some dark colored jeans. I think he had at least one tatoo. Of all the things, I wish I could remember what he was carrying. I want to say it was an XD of some sort, but again, my memory may not be right. He was very friendly. I was out with my whole family: my wife, 2 daughters, and my 3 year old son carrying a Glock 21.

Your 3 year old son was carrying a Glock 21? j/k lol :)

CheerfulHoplite

Well, that pokes a hole in that theory - While the T-shirt and jeans part is right to be me, *NOBODY* (well, nobody who isn't making a desperate attempt to suck up to me, anyway) is ever going to accuse me of being mid 20's anymore - Heck, when I was in my mid 20s, nobody did! :p The only tat I have is small and plain enough to be easily overlooked, never mind the fact that it's invisible unless I'm dressed for swimming. As for my piece, whether or not it's visible at any given moment (Yep, I hold a CPL - without it, I can't step out the door strapped without being in violation of the federal victim disarmament zone - err, sorry, meant to say gun free school zone - act) I pack a full-size S&W Model 15 - Mainly for the "When's the last time you heard of a loaded revolver that didn't go 'bang' when the trigger was pulled?" reliability factor.

One of these days, I mean to get around to "buying up" - almost certainly to another S&W wheeler - But the new one will be chambered for .357 mag so I can have the option of cheap (relatively, anyway) .38 special to shoot for fun, and the "I said *STAY DOWN*, DAMMIT!" authority of a hot .357 load in the event of a goblin incursion.

wczimmerman

Well, I'll keep an eye out for anyone carrying a wheel gun on their hip and make sure to greet him warmly. Sorry that it wasn't you that I saw...