Thread: 2015 Oyster Run

2015 Oyster Run

Hello ladies and gents, it is almost time for the thirty-fourth Annual Oyster Run. Whatcom County will be there, again, this year with a tent, copies of the Constitution, and a few quick witted orators wearing well holstered pistols. We welcome everyone to stop by and see us, or spend some time talking to the People as they stream by. This is a major Northwest event and we will continue to make our collective presence known.

End up in beautiful downtown Anacortes Sunday Sept. 27th, 2015. Anytime between 8am - 6pm. (The City of Anacortes has been very generous to allow us the use of several blocks of their downtown streets for motorcycle parking, vendors, food, music, ect.) Get there early as it gets incredibly packed! Although there are no organized events until Sunday, a lot of folks come to stay in the area early and make a week end of it!

This is their fazeboog page for the event. https://www.facebook.com/pages/Oyste...30665156978668

This is the event page. http://www.oysterrun.org/

Attachment 12705 Attachment 12706

This will be the first time we will be asking for donations. The Oyster Run people are hitting us for US$170 this year and I can no longer afford to do it myself. Any help will graciosly accepted in order to get out and "Tell the Open Carry Story". Remember, we are representing all of us, in every County.
    "Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the people's liberty teeth (and) keystone... the rifle and the pistol are equally indispensable... more than 99% of them by their silence indicate that they are in safe and sane hands. The very atmosphere of firearms everywhere restrains evil interference .When firearms go, all goes, we need them every hour." -- George Washington

Oyster Run- September 27, 2015

Washington Open Carry Whatcom County Space 78
    Insurance is paid for and so is the slot.
    "Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the people's liberty teeth (and) keystone... the rifle and the pistol are equally indispensable... more than 99% of them by their silence indicate that they are in safe and sane hands. The very atmosphere of firearms everywhere restrains evil interference .When firearms go, all goes, we need them every hour." -- George Washington

Quote Originally Posted by MSG Laigaie View Post
    Oyster Run- September 27, 2015

Washington Open Carry Whatcom County Space 78
    Insurance is paid for and so is the slot.
    So as Kurt Cobain said "Come as you are"?

Quote Originally Posted by mnrobitaille View Post
    ?

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mnrobitaille View Post
    Except we will swear we do have a gun.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

If I can make it up there to help man the tent, could I car pool with someone from some more common parking to the main area or would I be better off getting there very early and using the public parking?
    Provision for free medical attendance and nursing, for clothing, for food, for housing, for the education of children, and a hundred other matters, might with equal propriety be proposed as tending to relieve the employee of mental strain and worry. --- These matters obviously lie outside the orbit of congressional power. (Railroad Retirement Board v Alton Railroad)

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom1Man View Post
    If I can make it up there to help man the tent, could I car pool with someone from some more common parking to the main area or would I be better off getting there very early and using the public parking?
    I will be leaving my AO at 0530 on sunday morn. I have room, but I do leave very close to scheduled time. Parking gets a tad tight after eight or so.

Sunday sunday sunday

OYSTER RUN on Sunday!!

Washington Open Carry is assigned booth #78, come and see us.

I will not be able to make it after all.

I wish you all the best there

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk
    Provision for free medical attendance and nursing, for clothing, for food, for housing, for the education of children, and a hundred other matters, might with equal propriety be proposed as tending to relieve the employee of mental strain and worry. --- These matters obviously lie outside the orbit of congressional power. (Railroad Retirement Board v Alton Railroad)

I am packing the truck to head for Anacourtes. Looks like it will be just SVG and myself. Stop by #78 and visit.

How was it? I saw a lot of bikes on Meridian here in Bellingham during my work break, about 3 pm.
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." Thomas Jefferson

"Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their

Ah, perfect day to break out the new gun. How was the response? I am imagining a much warmer reception than usual.
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." Thomas Jefferson

Needed a day to unpack and recover. What a trip the OR was this year.

We set up next to a barbeque truck and there was a steady stream of "participants" going past our front door. About 90% of the people we spoke to were carrying weapons concealed. There seems to be a compulsion to "show" the concealed weapon to us. I counted six people who were open carrying and a bunch of Canadians who wished they could carry.

There was a Japanese gentleman who was at the run last year. He was back again, decked out with chaps and a black Harley Davidson cowboy hat. He had his picture taken with the "Gun Guys" again to take back to Japan.

Good business, as expected, was the order of the day. No troubles here, this is the "Polite Sturgis".
    Last edited by MSG Laigaie; 09-29-2015 at 11:04 AM.

I would love to see that picture!

Quote Originally Posted by MSG Laigaie View Post
    Needed a day to unpack and recover. What a trip the OR was this year.

We set up next to a barbeque truck and there was a steady stream of "participants" going past our front door. About 90% of the people we spoke to were carrying weapons concealed. There seems to be a compulsion to "show" the concealed weapon to us. I counted six people who were open carrying and a bunch of Canadians who wished they could carry.

There was a Japanese gentleman who was at the run last year. He was back again, decked out with chaps and a black Harley Davidson cowboy hat. He had his picture taken with the "Gun Guys" again to take back to Japan.

Good business, as expected, was the order of the day. No troubles here, this is the "Polite Sturgis".
    Yea that dude was cool he was so stoked to see us especially the man with the 6 shooter. Wish I spoke Japanese.

Quote Originally Posted by Boomboy007 View Post
    I would love to see that picture!
    I thought about it too late I should have had Pae take a pic at the same time.....

I do not, as a rule, wear the hogleg. I was trying to generate interest. Was fun though.

Well, I must say that it looks good on you!