Results 1 to 24 of 24

Thread: Calming concerns about open carry... sigh

  1. #1
    Regular Member stealthyeliminator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    3,318

    Calming concerns about open carry... sigh

    http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/201...ter-january-1/

    It is somewhat astonishing that people would be so concerned about open carry. It is astonishing that so many people - in Texas no less - would be so damn concerned about Texans being (a little more) free...

    Alas, open carry is coming. Every day is one day closer
    Advocate freedom please

  2. #2
    Regular Member qednick's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Bandera, TX
    Posts
    524
    Quote Originally Posted by stealthyeliminator View Post
    http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/201...ter-january-1/

    It is somewhat astonishing that people would be so concerned about open carry. It is astonishing that so many people - in Texas no less - would be so damn concerned about Texans being (a little more) free...

    Alas, open carry is coming. Every day is one day closer

    I personally can't wait. I think a lot of the problem is that most people are just not familiar with OC--even in states that have had legal OC for years/decades/forever. The more we OC, the more "normal" it will become to every day folks.

  3. #3
    Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    North Chesterfield, Va.
    Posts
    34,610
    Quote Originally Posted by qednick View Post
    I personally can't wait. I think a lot of the problem is that most people are just not familiar with OC--even in states that have had legal OC for years/decades/forever. The more we OC, the more "normal" it will become to every day folks.
    Indeed that is the guiding principle behind OCDO.
    Last edited by Grapeshot; 08-17-2015 at 05:27 PM. Reason: fix grade school mistake
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

    Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

  4. #4
    Regular Member Eeyore's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    on the move
    Posts
    558
    Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    Indeed that is the guiding principal behind OCDO.
    We have a headmaster steering OCDO?

    I think you meant the "-le" kind [/good-natured chiding]
    Guns don't kill people. Drivers on cell phones do.

  5. #5
    Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    North Chesterfield, Va.
    Posts
    34,610
    Originally Posted by Grapeshot

    Indeed that is the guiding principal behind OCDO.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eeyore View Post
    We have a headmaster steering OCDO?

    I think you meant the "-le" kind [/good-natured chiding]
    My bad for being in hurry and giving spell checker too much credibility.

    Fixed it.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

    Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

  6. #6
    Newbie FreedomTx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Behind enemy lines in occupied territory
    Posts
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by stealthyeliminator View Post
    http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/201...ter-january-1/

    It is somewhat astonishing that people would be so concerned about open carry. It is astonishing that so many people - in Texas no less - would be so damn concerned about Texans being (a little more) free...

    Alas, open carry is coming. Every day is one day closer
    What's really astonishing are the actual GUN OWNERS on the texas CHL forum who are more concerned than the general public - all constantly admonishing anyone who open carries as a "Strutter and crazy and show off" who will be solely responsible for getting our rights taken away in all places where that OC takes place. LOL. Love how people fight for a right and then are AFRAID to use it!! THAT Is what is incredible. Their mantra is "don't OC or each place you do will be frightened into puting up a 3007 sign!!" I've never seen such scaredy cats.

  7. #7
    Regular Member stealthyeliminator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    3,318
    There's no shortage of businesses that openly welcomed long gun OC, even more that welcomed BP revolver carry, they have their head where the sun doesn't shine if they really think that OC is going to have that sort of effect.
    Advocate freedom please

  8. #8
    Regular Member solus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    here nc
    Posts
    6,866
    Quote Originally Posted by FreedomTx View Post
    What's really astonishing are the actual GUN OWNERS on the texas CHL forum who are more concerned than the general public - all constantly admonishing anyone who open carries as a "Strutter and crazy and show off" who will be solely responsible for getting our rights taken away in all places where that OC takes place. LOL. Love how people fight for a right and then are AFRAID to use it!! THAT Is what is incredible. Their mantra is "don't OC or each place you do will be frightened into puting up a 3007 sign!!" I've never seen such scaredy cats.
    ya know, freedom, your group musta taken the clue from NC's groups...

    NC has a firearm forum group (NCGO) who blatantly and consistently vocally lambastes the OC concepts and has high membership in...
    our NC grass roots organization who advocates, as noted by the Paul V, president of GRNC stated on this forum, paraphrasing: his organization is dedicated to those '...sane, sober, and law biding citizens who conceal...' and according to their website, they pass legislation ( you know i have never understand then why the NC voters go to all the trouble to elect legislators especially if Paul's group passes the legislation) to support these goals as well as class III schemes.

    and yet with your and NC's kinda folk, as well as apparently the Florida carry folk in place...it is a wonder we haven't lost all firearm rights yet.

    ipse
    I'm only human; I do what I can; I'm just a man; I do what I can; Don't put the blame on me; Don't put your blame on me ~ Rag'n'Bone Man.

    Please do not get confused between my personality & my attitude. My personality is who I am ~ my attitude depends on who you are and how you act.

    Remember always, do not judge someone because they sin differently than you do!

    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

  9. #9
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    1,095
    Quote Originally Posted by solus View Post
    ya know, freedom, your group musta taken the clue from NC's groups...

    NC has a firearm forum group (NCGO) who blatantly and consistently vocally lambastes the OC concepts and has high membership in...
    our NC grass roots organization who advocates, as noted by the Paul V, president of GRNC stated on this forum, paraphrasing: his organization is dedicated to those '...sane, sober, and law biding citizens who conceal...' and according to their website, they pass legislation ( you know i have never understand then why the NC voters go to all the trouble to elect legislators especially if Paul's group passes the legislation) to support these goals as well as class III schemes.

    and yet with your and NC's kinda folk, as well as apparently the Florida carry folk in place...it is a wonder we haven't lost all firearm rights yet.

    ipse
    You are really making yourself look more foolish each and every time you post about Florida Carry.

  10. #10
    Campaign Veteran skidmark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    North Chesterfield VA
    Posts
    10,682

    Who's up for a road trip?

    It sounds like we need to take a bunch of Texans on the OC WalMart Walk.

    Which is really hilarious when you realize the original WalMart Walk was a product of Texas.

    http://www.texasguntalk.com/forums/t...mart-walk.html

    Most of us remember our first OC outing as feeling like you forgot to put your pants on and didn't realize it until you got to school. You were sure everybody was looking. Most of us also remember that moment when we realized that 99.9% of the people did not notice at all - and some of us also recall how disappointed we were.

    Nowadays I find myself more often than not checking out what turn out to be cellphones rather than OC'd handguns.

    stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

    Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

    "No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

  11. #11
    Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    North Chesterfield, Va.
    Posts
    34,610
    Quote Originally Posted by skidmark View Post
    --snipped--

    Nowadays I find myself more often than not checking out what turn out to be cellphones rather than OC'd handguns.

    stay safe.
    Ain't it the truth! Many are high capacity too.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

    Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

  12. #12
    Regular Member solus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    here nc
    Posts
    6,866
    Quote Originally Posted by notalawyer View Post
    You are really making yourself look more foolish each and every time you post about Florida Carry.
    see number four on the my last post on the FL sub-thread your precious entity which you supposedly do not represent was legitimately criticized...

    and how you are now fulfilling those statements i outlined and stated in my posting here.

    wait, i'm sorry isn't the organization you do not represent is pushing for FL citizens to be able to OC with a privilege card?

    ipse
    Last edited by solus; 10-03-2015 at 01:00 AM.
    I'm only human; I do what I can; I'm just a man; I do what I can; Don't put the blame on me; Don't put your blame on me ~ Rag'n'Bone Man.

    Please do not get confused between my personality & my attitude. My personality is who I am ~ my attitude depends on who you are and how you act.

    Remember always, do not judge someone because they sin differently than you do!

    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

  13. #13
    Regular Member solus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    here nc
    Posts
    6,866
    Quote Originally Posted by skidmark View Post
    It sounds like we need to take a bunch of Texans on the OC WalMart Walk.

    Which is really hilarious when you realize the original WalMart Walk was a product of Texas.

    http://www.texasguntalk.com/forums/t...mart-walk.html

    Most of us remember our first OC outing as feeling like you forgot to put your pants on and didn't realize it until you got to school. You were sure everybody was looking. Most of us also remember that moment when we realized that 99.9% of the people did not notice at all - and some of us also recall how disappointed we were.

    Nowadays I find myself more often than not checking out what turn out to be cellphones rather than OC'd handguns.

    stay safe.
    i'm down!!

    New years day skid? dallas or houston ? (dallas is more fun) or both? or san antonio or austin...(both cities out of the way per se)

    ipse
    I'm only human; I do what I can; I'm just a man; I do what I can; Don't put the blame on me; Don't put your blame on me ~ Rag'n'Bone Man.

    Please do not get confused between my personality & my attitude. My personality is who I am ~ my attitude depends on who you are and how you act.

    Remember always, do not judge someone because they sin differently than you do!

    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

  14. #14
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Pearland, TX
    Posts
    103
    Quote Originally Posted by solus View Post
    i'm down!!

    New years day skid? dallas or houston ? (dallas is more fun) or both? or san antonio or austin...(both cities out of the way per se)

    ipse
    Houston. And why do you keep calling me "ipse"?

  15. #15
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Houston
    Posts
    796
    Quote Originally Posted by FreedomTx View Post
    What's really astonishing are the actual GUN OWNERS on the texas CHL forum who are more concerned than the general public - all constantly admonishing anyone who open carries as a "Strutter and crazy and show off" who will be solely responsible for getting our rights taken away in all places where that OC takes place. LOL. Love how people fight for a right and then are AFRAID to use it!! THAT Is what is incredible. Their mantra is "don't OC or each place you do will be frightened into puting up a 3007 sign!!" I've never seen such scaredy cats.
    I have a thought - how about focusing on what is said HERE instead of what you claim is being said on other forums? Bashing others on another forum serves no useful purpose here and instead makes THIS forum seems to be unfriendly.
    NRA Life Member

    "The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." Thomas Jefferson

  16. #16
    Campaign Veteran skidmark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    North Chesterfield VA
    Posts
    10,682
    Quote Originally Posted by solus View Post
    i'm down!!

    New years day skid? dallas or houston ? (dallas is more fun) or both? or san antonio or austin...(both cities out of the way per se)

    ipse
    Without question, Austin.

    Liberal/loony capital as well as Capitol.

    Now we just need to find some Texans that will admit they need someone to hold their hand crossing the street the first time.

    stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

    Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

    "No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

  17. #17
    Regular Member solus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    here nc
    Posts
    6,866
    Quote Originally Posted by skidmark View Post
    Without question, Austin.

    Liberal/loony capital as well as Capitol.

    Now we just need to find some Texans that will admit they need someone to hold their hand crossing the street the first time.:uhoh:

    stay safe.
    Lordy, man...you truly think they would admit that?

    let's go anyway, surprize them and share our smiles and celebrator cheer with them uninvited...

    ipse
    I'm only human; I do what I can; I'm just a man; I do what I can; Don't put the blame on me; Don't put your blame on me ~ Rag'n'Bone Man.

    Please do not get confused between my personality & my attitude. My personality is who I am ~ my attitude depends on who you are and how you act.

    Remember always, do not judge someone because they sin differently than you do!

    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

  18. #18
    Regular Member HPmatt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Dallas
    Posts
    1,597
    There was a thread on the fat Austin cop tackling that jaywalking girl. Think that was on the Drag right at 15th. That might be a good spot to start - right around the corner from the hippy vendor stalls...


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    “Men live without other security than what their own strength and their own invention shall furnish them"
    -Thomas Hobbes 1651

  19. #19
    Regular Member solus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    here nc
    Posts
    6,866
    Quote Originally Posted by HPmatt View Post
    There was a thread on the fat Austin cop tackling that jaywalking girl. Think that was on the Drag right at 15th. That might be a good spot to start - right around the corner from the hippy vendor stalls...


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    i should fit right in when dressed as my hero RuPaul...

    ipse
    I'm only human; I do what I can; I'm just a man; I do what I can; Don't put the blame on me; Don't put your blame on me ~ Rag'n'Bone Man.

    Please do not get confused between my personality & my attitude. My personality is who I am ~ my attitude depends on who you are and how you act.

    Remember always, do not judge someone because they sin differently than you do!

    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

  20. #20
    Regular Member stealthyeliminator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    3,318
    We members may have our occasional differences, but the one thing that brings everyone together on this forum is that we support open carry, and as far as I'm concerned you ALL are ALWAYS welcome to come visit Texas and spread the good OC message in you personal style. I'll happily join any one of you veterans and allow some of your experience and wisdom rub off on me
    Advocate freedom please

  21. #21
    Regular Member solus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    here nc
    Posts
    6,866
    Quote Originally Posted by stealthyeliminator View Post
    We members may have our occasional differences, but the one thing that brings everyone together on this forum is that we support open carry, and as far as I'm concerned you ALL are ALWAYS welcome to come visit Texas and spread the good OC message in you personal style. I'll happily join any one of you veterans and allow some of your experience and wisdom rub off on me
    stealth, differences of OPINION are what makes us the unique creatures that walk this planet...

    and while some haven't understood how to banter...i always offer, at end of the discussion, to buy the first round...

    thanks for accepting...H U Z Z A H

    now when and where mate ?

    ipse
    Last edited by solus; 10-03-2015 at 07:30 PM.
    I'm only human; I do what I can; I'm just a man; I do what I can; Don't put the blame on me; Don't put your blame on me ~ Rag'n'Bone Man.

    Please do not get confused between my personality & my attitude. My personality is who I am ~ my attitude depends on who you are and how you act.

    Remember always, do not judge someone because they sin differently than you do!

    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

  22. #22
    Accomplished Advocate color of law's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio, USA
    Posts
    3,726
    So let me get this straight. In Texas you need permission from the state to exercise a constitutional right. Am I understanding this correctly?

  23. #23
    Regular Member solus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    here nc
    Posts
    6,866
    Quote Originally Posted by color of law View Post
    So let me get this straight. In Texas you need permission from the state to exercise a constitutional right. Am I understanding this correctly?
    yepper... and additional training to learn how to OC...

    and according to the FL sub forum is wishing to follow suit? and i believe i read out here there was another state contemplating similar legislation.

    ipse
    Last edited by solus; 10-03-2015 at 08:47 PM.
    I'm only human; I do what I can; I'm just a man; I do what I can; Don't put the blame on me; Don't put your blame on me ~ Rag'n'Bone Man.

    Please do not get confused between my personality & my attitude. My personality is who I am ~ my attitude depends on who you are and how you act.

    Remember always, do not judge someone because they sin differently than you do!

    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

  24. #24
    Accomplished Advocate color of law's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio, USA
    Posts
    3,726
    Quote Originally Posted by solus View Post
    yepper... and additional training to learn how to OC...

    and according to the FL sub forum is wishing to follow suit? and i believe i read out here there was another state contemplating similar legislation.

    ipse
    When does those training classes start for the First Amendment?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •