• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Where can I open carry

dalehendricksonj

I would like to know some businesses that are open carry friendly here in GA. IE, sports bars, restaurants, etc.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
I would like to know some businesses that are open carry friendly here in GA. IE, sports bars, restaurants, etc.

Welcome to OCDO.

Read the state sub-forum and check out Friend or Foe site:
http://friendorfoe.us/

Absenting a report, just act normal and go about your business. If asked to leave, do so immediately and work your way up the food chain afterward.

I presume that you are aware the OC in Georgia requires a permit.

dalehendricksonj

Welcome to OCDO.

Read the state sub-forum and check out Friend or Foe site:
http://friendorfoe.us/

Absenting a report, just act normal and go about your business. If asked to leave, do so immediately and work your way up the food chain afterward.

I presume that you are aware the OC in Georgia requires a permit.
I am active duty military and my Credentials are my permit.

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
I am active duty military and my Credentials are my permit.

While outside of the scope of this website, and to some considered tantamount to raping babies, you can OC a long gun in GA with no permit. I do it regularly. I figured you should know your options, not just the ones this website's staff consider acceptable.

Mmmm RFB....

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
While outside of the scope of this website, and to some considered tantamount to raping babies, you can OC a long gun in GA with no permit. I do it regularly. I figured you should know your options, not just the ones this website's staff consider acceptable.

Mmmm RFB....
Actually it is a private property rule (#14) which all who register agree to abide.

PerBast

Military in GA

Thank you for posting this information Grapeshot. GA does seem to be different than many other states that clearly annotate that the military are authorized when performing their duties.

This post comes at an important and critical time. I have been notified that I will make my next military move from NC to the Atlanta GA area. I am within weeks of receiving my NC concealed weapons permit and open carry everywhere I can. Now I am stressing about my ability to protect myself while stationed in GA.

If any of the GA readers have any recommendations of locations for indoor ranges in the Forrest Park area I would love to hear from you.

Michael

mark5019

Thank you for posting this information Grapeshot. GA does seem to be different than many other states that clearly annotate that the military are authorized when performing their duties.

This post comes at an important and critical time. I have been notified that I will make my next military move from NC to the Atlanta GA area. I am within weeks of receiving my NC concealed weapons permit and open carry everywhere I can. Now I am stressing about my ability to protect myself while stationed in GA.

If any of the GA readers have any recommendations of locations for indoor ranges in the Forrest Park area I would love to hear from you.

Michael
first off thank you for your service
im a member here and you should look here for what your asking

http://www.georgiapacking.org/forum/index.php?sid=1930053293280d981905213bf2837925