Thread: Flamethrowers

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar

Flamethrowers

Got a brush pile you want to burn or a fire ant problem?

"Once a weapon of war, flamethrowers are now available for sale to the public."

"The flamethrowers, which were given up by the military, are not being marketed as weapons but as fun devices."

http://www.nbc12.com/story/29781037/...-to-the-public
    Last edited by Grapeshot; 08-14-2015 at 02:56 AM.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

The Throwflame is very much like your grandfather's flamethrower. The ION Productions team is more akin to the weed killer/snow melter you can buy at Ace Hardware.

Having a hose from a fuel supply is cheating.

stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

Banned
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M2_flamethrower

Although its burn time was only around 7 seconds and the flame was only effective out to around 2040 meters, it was still a useful weapon.

Your grand-dad's version ^^^ 7 seconds? I thought it was longer duration than that ....

I had a couple of these when I was with 1/114 Infantry. They were always leaking all over the operator. Very old, very dangerous.
    "Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the people's liberty teeth (and) keystone... the rifle and the pistol are equally indispensable... more than 99% of them by their silence indicate that they are in safe and sane hands. The very atmosphere of firearms everywhere restrains evil interference .When firearms go, all goes, we need them every hour." -- George Washington

Quote Originally Posted by MSG Laigaie View Post
    I had a couple of these when I was with 1/114 Infantry. They were always leaking all over the operator. Very old, very dangerous.
    I notice you said "the operator" and not "me". Shows smart choices of toys to not play with.

stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MSG Laigaie View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by skidmark View Post
    I notice you said "the operator" and not "me". Shows smart choices of toys to not play with.

stay safe.
    He also said "I had a couple of these..."
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Yeppers. Cavalry Scout. We had three that were complete (notice I did not say working) and one for parts. They wanted to use them in the riots in newark, with cs instead of gel. Cr@p leaked everywhere and we had to evacuate the building till it cleared. Some things just wear out.
    "Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the people's liberty teeth (and) keystone... the rifle and the pistol are equally indispensable... more than 99% of them by their silence indicate that they are in safe and sane hands. The very atmosphere of firearms everywhere restrains evil interference .When firearms go, all goes, we need them every hour." -- George Washington