Thread: Racial Threads?

Racial Threads?

What's up with all the racial threads?
    "The beauty of the Second Amenment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it." Thomas Jefferson
    "Evil often triumphs, but never conquers." Joseph Roux
    http://nwfood.shelfreliance.com

Quote Originally Posted by golddigger14s View Post
    What's up with all the racial threads?
    I am not sure what he is doing with his. I guess he wants to know if cops are beating up black OC'ers. I am just making fun of it by copying and pasting but changing it to Asians because I am half Korean.

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    The threads are tongue in cheek.

Race is not an issue for anyone with an IQ above room temperature.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post

Well if I really wanted it to be tongue in cheek, I guess I should of said white instead of Asians. The reason why I am making fun of his thread but I guess in his mind, he thinks all WA LEO's are going to give black OC'ers problems, and not everyone else.
    Last edited by Seriona; 08-15-2015 at 02:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Seriona View Post
    Well if I really wanted it to be tongue in cheek, I guess I should of said white instead of Asians. The reason why I am making fun of his thread but I guess in his mind, he thinks all WA LEO's are going to give black OC'ers problems, and not everyone else.
    I didn't miss that - just don't think it is a valid contention.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Some tongue in cheek. There are a couple of race based threads. My philosophy is I don't care if you are a CC only person, black, white Asian, etc. You are an American, you should carry, just like having a fire extinguisher in the house, or wearing a seat belt...Just in case.
    "The beauty of the Second Amenment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it." Thomas Jefferson
    "Evil often triumphs, but never conquers." Joseph Roux
    http://nwfood.shelfreliance.com

You guys got me all misconstrued. Let me break it down. Liberal contention: gun laws are racist because blacks will get disproportionately hassled/ killed for oc/cc in Washington state. MY contention: no they won't. My verification with FACTS: ask the Subject Matter Experts on OCDO if they are or know of any Black oc'ers that have any experience to back My contention up thus banishing the Liberal Contention back to the land of fairy dust and unicorns where it belongs.

Quote Originally Posted by noittinen View Post
    Let me break it down. Liberal contention: gun laws are racist because blacks will get disproportionately hassled/ killed for oc/cc in Washington state.-[snip]-
    Um, no.

"Liberals" never met a gun law they didn't like. Anything that restricts true liberty and helps the State hold ultimate power is "+good" for The Party.
    If "liberals" (progressives, the left) didn't enjoy "gun laws", why would they push them? If "liberals" (progressives, the left) claim that gun laws are racist, then they would necessarily have to resist/fight gun control...

"conservatives" (People holding conservative values, not that liberal Limbaugh ****) know that "gun control" is usually rooted in racism, and always in classism.
    Last edited by Grapeshot; 08-16-2015 at 09:52 AM.

Regular Member stealthyeliminator's Avatar
    You guys got me all misconstrued. Let me break it down. Liberal contention: gun laws are racist because blacks will get disproportionately hassled/ killed for oc/cc in Washington state. MY contention: no they won't. My verification with FACTS: ask the Subject Matter Experts on OCDO if they are or know of any Black oc'ers that have any experience to back My contention up thus banishing the Liberal Contention back to the land of fairy dust and unicorns where it belongs.
    I don't think that gun laws being disproportionately applied makes the law itself racist, unless that was the intent when the law was written. I believe that we'd be naive to say laws, including gun laws, are never disproportionately applied based on race.
    Advocate freedom please

Regular Member stealthyeliminator's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by O_Kellogg View Post
    Um, no.

"Liberals" never met a gun law they didn't like. Anything that restricts true liberty and helps the State hold ultimate power is "+good" for The Party.
    If "liberals" (progressives, the left) didn't enjoy "gun laws", why would they push them? If "liberals" (progressives, the left) claim that gun laws are racist, then they would necessarily have to resist/fight gun control...

"conservatives" (People holding conservative values, not that liberal Limbaugh ****) know that "gun control" is usually rooted in racism, and always in classism.
    In Texas there was a group of Democrats that fought to add a protection to the open carry law that would prohibit law enforcement from stopping a person solely to check their license status.

So, I don't think it fair to say "never".

Sure, most of the probably would have preferred no OC, but they contended that if we were going to have OC we should ensure that harassment, especially disproportional, should not take place.

So, perhaps their reasoning and basis were a little off target, but they ended up fighting for more liberty nonetheless.
    Advocate freedom please

That's what I like about summer...raises the intellectual quality of society.

Quote Originally Posted by Difdi View Post
    That's what I like about summer...raises the intellectual quality of society.
    Only if they venture outside the limit of their confined space.

Didja hear 'bout the liberal mommy who wanted her guests to be comfortable at her backyard BBQ on a hot August day? She opened the patio door and all of the windows to let the escaping air cool her yard. She also lowered the thermostat setting, so that the unit would make colder air.

Hard to argue with an intellect like that.

Lewis Terman (1916) developed the original notion of IQ and proposed this scale for classifying IQ scores:

• Over 140 - Genius or near genius
    • 120 - 140 - Very superior intelligence
    • 110 - 119 - Superior intelligence
    • 90 - 109 - Normal or average intelligence
    • 80 - 89 - Dullness
    • 70 - 79 - Borderline deficiency
    • Under 70 - Definite feeble-mindedness

http://www.wilderdom.com/intelligenc...coresMean.html
    All depends on where you are and what your nominal room temperature is. Folks up in the Great White North?

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

Quote Originally Posted by OC for ME View Post
    All depends on where you are and what your nominal room temperature is. Folks up in the Great White North?

True - everything is relative.

Still stupidity is a race where anyone can be a weiner winner.

And/or a whiner. And sadly it is possible to have relatives like that.
    Last edited by Bikenut; 08-17-2015 at 10:20 AM.
    Gun control isn't about the gun at all.... for those who want gun control it is all about their own fragile egos, their own lack of self esteem, their own inner fears, and most importantly... their own desire to dominate others. And an openly carried gun is a slap in the face to all of those things.

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar

Yep they can win for loosing.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

Regular Member trevorthebusdriver's Avatar

I saw an African American man OC today in downtown Seattle. He did not get hassled or killed.

Quote Originally Posted by trevorthebusdriver View Post
    I saw an African American man OC today in downtown Seattle. He did not get hassled or killed.
    How do you know he was from Africa?