• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

A question to be posed.

color of law

Accomplished Advocate
COL said:
A week ago I was at the deli counter of a local grocery store. This particular store is closing. In discussing the closing a man joined in the conversation and commented in not taking his business to Kroger. I asked why. When I asked the question his wife walked up. She heard the question and answered that Kroger allows people the carry guns. She informed me that her and her husband are very active in "Moms Demand Action." When she said that I turned and pointed to my openly carried firearm. You could see the panic set in. With anxiety in her voice she asked, do you have a permit? I said if you mean a conceal carry license, yes I do, but I don't need one to open carry. You could feel her anxiety melt away. She declared I had training and spent hours at a gun range. And everything was right with the world.

She even wanted a picture of her with me so she could show the other ladies. She had herself convinced that having a license makes a person responsible. And there was a way to keep guns out of bad peoples hands.

I quickly moved on. I wanted to point them to the Kool-aid aisle.

I understand why you "......quickly moved on", but I would have probably had a "little" more fun w/her than you did and I suspect her and her hubby has been to the Kool-Aid aisle many times before.
This happened two days before this: http://www.pdf-archive.com/2015/09/21/compliant-with-exhibits/

nobama

Well first point on the Shooters hanging around is based off of paramedic training and the first rule of scene safety.... It's their emergency not mine. Then if it's a shooting we wait for law enforcement to clear the scene and secure it before we go into treat the patient for that reason for safety. Have you ever rolled into a ghetto (white, back, Latino doesn't matter) and had to drive by the scene of a shooting with crazy screaming family because law enforcement was not on the scene yet.

Always my safety is first my partners is second we are all taught that from day one and I have been in fire/end for 21 years and closely associated with law enforcement since before then as family was Dayton PD.

I am not talking bout holstered weapons only, people are open carrying ar-15 shot guns and riffles. I am defending their right to do so but watching videos on YouTube of peeps walking into Walmart with those weapons and some people scattering like flies.
HMM, I have watched several YouTube videos about OC and have never seen people "scatter like flies" but then again thats what is told to us by so-called experts. I have heard it all, first one shot, scare the sheep, get gun taken, element of surprise, ect. all BS, told by people who are so-called 2A supporters, and who have NEVER OCied before in their lives and wont because all the so-called experts say its so. Now, your question has been answered. The only way to "normalize" OC is to do it and do it often, not just you, your friends, and anybody else you know. Are you pro-2A? not just a person who carries a gun but believes in the right to keep and BARE arms? if you are, then I have a question for you. What does CCing do for the 2A? and why would we-the-people ever want to hide our teeth of Liberty?