Thread: Sent in my "Everytown" 2015 questionnaire today…,

Sent in my "Everytown" 2015 questionnaire today…,

made me feel right special since they said I had been "selected", though I don't think they'll be very happy with my responses. They don't exactly fit in with their "party line" so to speak. I had already flushed anything I might have donated to the "cause", but I did offer to open my home and host a discussion on how we can reduce gun violence in our country. I figure we could "break the ice" with the NRA rules of safe gun handling, that should get things started off with a bang!!!

sidestreet

Jeremiah 29 vs. 11-13

we are not equal, we will never be equal, but we must be relentless.

Quote Originally Posted by sidestreet View Post
    made me feel right special since they said I had been "selected", though I don't think they'll be very happy with my responses. They don't exactly fit in with their "party line" so to speak. I had already flushed anything I might have donated to the "cause", but I did offer to open my home and host a discussion on how we can reduce gun violence in our country. I figure we could "break the ice" with the NRA rules of safe gun handling, that should get things started off with a bang!!!
    sidestreet

Jeremiah 29 vs. 11-13

Especially if you DON'T follow the rules.........
    Last edited by bc.cruiser; 08-17-2015 at 01:38 PM.

I never thought of doing this. Sounds like fun. I don't suppose that if enough of us did this the anti's would finally get the idea that they are fighting a lost cause and give up?

Quote Originally Posted by sidestreet View Post

sidestreet

Jeremiah 29 vs. 11-13

Would I need to tidy up before they arrived?

It might be like going on a treasure hunt - I honestly am not sure what I might find lying under a tack of paperwork so important it's been there for *mumble-mumble*.

stay safe.

PS - Yes, I do live alone. It's by choice. Possibly not mine.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

An interesting idea. We should do this. I'm game.
    Guard with jealous attention the public liberty.
    Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel.
    Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force.
    Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined.
    -Patrick Henry, Virginia Ratification Convention, June 5, 1788

Quote Originally Posted by skidmark View Post
    SNIP

PS - Yes, I do live alone. It's by choice. Possibly not mine.
    You would not rent out a room to another pro-liberty type?

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk
    Provision for free medical attendance and nursing, for clothing, for food, for housing, for the education of children, and a hundred other matters, might with equal propriety be proposed as tending to relieve the employee of mental strain and worry. --- These matters obviously lie outside the orbit of congressional power. (Railroad Retirement Board v Alton Railroad)

Do you have a copy of the questionnaire? What questions did they ask?
    I am not a lawyer, I study the history of gun control laws.

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Freedom1Man View Post

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk
    Hard to do when he only has one room in his castle

It is a huge room though filled with stuff, n toys, and meds, n goodies, and shelves full of this and that. Towers at the 4 corners and gun ports abound. During the day, knock and step back from the door. At night the draw bridge is up.

Privacy and sheltering in place have many pluses not the least of which is personal sanity........such as it is.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Quote Originally Posted by skidmark View Post
    Yes, I do live alone. It's by choice. Possibly not mine.
    I feel very lucky that I have a woman who will put up with my minor eccentricities.

I have signed up for a great number of "opposition parties". Moms against everything have stopped calling me tho. The hillery group is not as bright. I have signed up to hold a bunch of hillery parties. If anything I use up resources that might fall upon someone more gullible. Be a "Verb" in every way you can.
    "Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the people's liberty teeth (and) keystone... the rifle and the pistol are equally indispensable... more than 99% of them by their silence indicate that they are in safe and sane hands. The very atmosphere of firearms everywhere restrains evil interference .When firearms go, all goes, we need them every hour." -- George Washington

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom1Man View Post
    Drop by some time. Look around* and tell me where you would like to bunk. When I finish laughing let me know how much I'll have to pay you to put up with me.

stay safe.

* - bring your own eye bleach
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

Sorry…,

Quote Originally Posted by Midwest View Post
    Do you have a copy of the questionnaire? What questions did they ask?
    Nope, I didn't make a copy of it, afraid it might catch fire to something around here. Actually my first thought was to get the darn thing out of the house as quick as I could, but I had a few minutes, so I decided to amuse myself some by filling it out, and before I knew it, it was sealed up and sent out, "No Postage Necessary", I really liked that part.

It asked the usual crap that tries to make you feel like you'd be an idiot not to give them what they really want, stuff like, Do you feel that the NRA has too much influence on American politics/society, and then the choice of answers, agree strongly, somewhat, neutral, disagree, blah, blah, blah, etc.

I think you have to sign up to look at anything on their web site, I think that's what happened when I went to see something that someone pointed out to me, now they send me all this e-mail crap, and I was "selected" to help with their "questionnaire".

Right now I'm making plans for hosting my first "Everytown" house party, like having some cheap red wine coolers with ice cubes made in the shape of .45 semi autos, a gift from vatazdad!!! Heck, after a few of those, crank up some Barry White heavy on the bass, me and the Skid (what would you like for Christmas little girl?) will have'em "feelin' the love", I figure they'll never go back to their sissy husbands, boyfriends, girlfriends, whatever!!! Whoa…, wait a minute, got a little carried away, there, I think I just over figured sump'n. Think I'll have to go back and unfigure some of that.

Anyway, I'ma counting' on ya' Skidman!!! ;>)

sidestreet

Jeremiah 29 vs. 11-13

Quote Originally Posted by bc.cruiser View Post
    Especially if you DON'T follow the rules.........
    EXACTLY!!! Saw right through that, didn'tcha? ;>)

sidestreet

Jeremiah 29 vs. 11-13