• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

"5 Reasons I Will Never Open Carry"

Wstar425

Have you been able to observe many OCers?

I don't quite understand your question. I possibly made my first paragraph confusing, I should have started a new paragraph after the mall ninja sentence.

Before that was relating comments on SigTalk. After that was my personal experience there. Fixed it.

I've OCed EVERY day for about 5 years now, I only see one other guy in my town and not many anywhere else. So, other than in a mirror, no.

Da Rat Bastid

1) I like the element of surprise

That makes one of us. *shakes head in disagreement*

I'd much rather rely on the strategic advantage of being left alone, than be forced to rely on the tactical advantage of surprise because I wasn't left alone.

sudden valley gunner

1) I like the element of surprise

That makes one of us. *shakes head in disagreement*

I'd much rather rely on the strategic advantage of being left alone, than be forced to rely on the tactical advantage of surprise because I wasn't left alone.

LOL....When ever they say they like the element of surprise. Well "surprise the crook is already pointing his gun at you".

Seems to me the element of surprise is the loosing proposition.

cloudcroft

Campaign Veteran
El Paso, TX (formerly Colorado Springs, CO)
It seems the article posted (@ ConcealedNation) has been removed.

No explanation though, but I'm guessing because of the almost 100 comments wherein the "war-playing" went on as the Admin said it would THIS time:

"Anytime we cover anything relating to open carry, a war plays out in the comments section of the post and article. Just watch. This time will be no different." -- ConcealedNation

Whatever reason, it's gone...

I wonder if that "war play" happens because CCers base their objections to OCing on misinformation, and so OCers (knowing the facts), take issue with such anti-OC articles -- and say so in the Comments area. Yet despite the facts debunking their objections, CCers carry-on regardless. With the very same anti-OC "Talking Points."

It seems they just refuse to be educated. Deliberately.

P.S. I think it was removed due to one "overly zealous" pro-OC poster...

Last edited:

JoeSparky

Centurion
Lets see if I understand this properly---- 5 reasons why a guy that who has never OC'd, who lives in an an an area where it is illegal to OC, so it might be safe to say he has never seen someone other than a LEO OC'ing says he won't ever OC. Sounds pretty much like a person blind from birth trying to describe the color PINK!

Also, he says that on OC'd weapon MIGHT be missedby a bad guy so he will guarantee the BG won't see it by CC'ing

Got it. I think!!!

Last edited:

nobama

The victim is always the one surprised...

Funny, I have said that many times in another forum, but doesnt seem to get through,LOL. I also agree that the so-called gun people who do bash OC, have never OCied so they get their assumptions based on so-called experts.

Da Rat Bastid

Like I mentioned in my previous post: I don't want the BGs to miss spotting my sidearm. I want them to leave me alone.

Despite what anti-gun folks and anti-OC CCers say, almost never will a criminal who isn't drunk and/or stoned, and isn't clinically suicidal, want to confront someone who is obviously armed.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Like I mentioned in my previous post: I don't want the BGs to miss spotting my sidearm. I want them to leave me alone.

Despite what anti-gun folks and anti-OC CCers say, almost never will a criminal who isn't drunk and/or stoned, and isn't clinically suicidal, want to confront someone who is obviously armed.
Gives new meaning to the expression "biting the bullet." - most unfortunate.

Liberty-or-Death

Looks like the article's back up. But in case it's taken offline again:

1. I like the element of surprise
2. I don’t like drawing attention to myself
3. I maintain the upper hand while carrying concealed
4. I don’t like people knowing that I have a firearm
5. I don’t want to make myself a target

My response:

1. I don't like surprises, so don't start none, won't be none.
2. I like the attention a .357 gets me, I don't look like a defenseless potential victim.
3. I thought carrying gave the upper hand. CC potentially slows your response to a threat.
4. See point #2, I like it, I like it a lot.
5. Again, see point #2, a blatantly obvious holstered firearm is an anti-bullseye, quite the opposite of a target. Crooks look for easy marks and armed isn't easy.

cloudcroft

Campaign Veteran
El Paso, TX (formerly Colorado Springs, CO)
Yes, I just saw it's back up...and with 196 comments now.

Additionally, some anti-OC coward over there (ConcealedNation "Comments" area) is registering under various different names to attack one of the earlier OCers posting there, and as well, is now actually posing as him using the same User-ID.

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Yes, I just saw it's back up...and with 196 comments now.

Additionally, some anti-OC coward over there (ConcealedNation "Comments" area) is registering under various different names to attack one of the earlier OCers posting there, and as well, is now actually posing as him using the same User-ID.

Ethics and honesty are not popular concepts with some. With friends like that who needs............

Shame on the Mods and administration for not controlling that.

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Originally Posted by cloudcroft Yes, I just saw it's back up...and with 196 comments now.

Ethics and honesty are not popular concepts with some. With friends like that who needs............

Shame on the Mods and administration for not controlling that.
True, if control is the goal sought...that is. There is usefulness where useful idiots are aplenty...
Useful idiots was not the point I intended.

Rather control of those who would pose and post as another - lack of ethics and honesty can do great harm on a forum.

Last edited:

Bucko

The one point I love ...

The one point that I love is " You'll make yourself a target." This is just BS. Now that may not be true for me as I'm pretty "in your face" about my open carry. Despite that fact, I've found that most people either are looking at the ground when they walk or are just generally in an oblivious gaze.

HPmatt

Gives new meaning to the expression "biting the bullet." - most unfortunate.

Here's the old meaning - from the Jumonville PA Civil war orphan's museum.

Attachments

• Bite-the-bullet.jpg
    Bite-the-bullet.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 82