Thread: Load bearing belts

Load bearing belts

So I am getting annoyed with my belt lately. It is a comfortable belt without the holster, but when I do it is a little awkward. Just wondering what others would recommend for belts that I can use when I go shooting with out attaching it to my waist belt. Just something I can throw on over the belt holding up my pants and detach when I am done. Thanks
    Patrick Henry didn't say "Give me safety , or give me death". Liberty is what America is about.

In what way is your current belt awkward?

Are you using a dress belt instead of a "gun belt"?

What gun in what sort (kydex/plastic/leather/unicorn hide) of holster? Many can be modified to be attached/detached from the belt without taking the belt off. Blade-Tech's Tec-loc https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8cpTADE4_xw is my personal favorite for non-leather holsters. For leather/unicorn hide I prefer wither a paddle design or one-way snaps on belt loops fore and aft of the actual holster. There are also belt clip fore and aft designs.

stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

Yes I am pretty sure. Just looking for something out on the range. I am looking at the 5.11 duty belt s and the condor cobra belts.
    Patrick Henry didn't say "Give me safety , or give me death". Liberty is what America is about.

I fear that you will find that duty belts that are not used with keepers to attach them to your pants belt will cause you problems - the least of which is having your gun remain in the holster while your duty belt rides all the way up to your armpits.

Ask me how I know. But fair warning - it's a long story.

stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

Question

I'm confused on what you're looking for. In the OP you said it was awkward without a holster. In your second post you said this is just for the range.
    So which is it? Is this a daily carry belt or a range belt?
    Skid's right by the way. You need keepers if you're gonna wear a duty belt. Suspenders can really help too.
    "Loyalty above all else except honor. " -John Mahoney

"A Government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have." -Gerald R. Ford

Quote Originally Posted by decklin View Post
    I'm confused on what you're looking for. In the OP you said it was awkward without a holster. In your second post you said this is just for the range.
    So which is it? Is this a daily carry belt or a range belt?
    Skid's right by the way. You need keepers if you're gonna wear a duty belt. Suspenders can really help too.
    Part one. Enquiring minds want to know

II. Keepers will keep the big belt attached to the pants belt, the :suspenders" keep the weight off/redistributed. Very tacticool, not suggested for public wear. I keep a couple of rigs in my shop for tactical/combat use. Same way I keep a flashlight or fire extinguisher. Heading to the field range? Kit it up and toss it in the trunk. You can put it on like a jacket when you get there, just add weapons. Look on ebay, or just build you own to suit your needs.
    "Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the people's liberty teeth (and) keystone... the rifle and the pistol are equally indispensable... more than 99% of them by their silence indicate that they are in safe and sane hands. The very atmosphere of firearms everywhere restrains evil interference .When firearms go, all goes, we need them every hour." -- George Washington

Sorry. Meant more for the range. Was looking at the condor belt like mentioned before like when I ride my motorcycle so I have littke bit more freedom of movement.

Accomplished Advocate color of law's Avatar
    What he is really say he needs is a Leg Holster outfit or a cowboy type holster. Or a 2 inch wide gun belt.

Quote Originally Posted by color of law View Post
    What he is really say he needs is a Leg Holster outfit or a cowboy type holster. Or a 2 inch wide gun belt.
    That is a solid, inexpensive duty belt. Altho utilitarian to the max, I picked one up at a local goodwill for US$6. A great knockabout.
    I am a tad confused with the motorcycle problem. What is the difficulty with your EDC rig? I use a paddle, my Sweet Baboo uses a drop rig. What troubles have you had?
    "Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the people's liberty teeth (and) keystone... the rifle and the pistol are equally indispensable... more than 99% of them by their silence indicate that they are in safe and sane hands. The very atmosphere of firearms everywhere restrains evil interference .When firearms go, all goes, we need them every hour." -- George Washington

I like to use the M1936 U.S. Pistol belt.
    "May God have mercy upon my enemies, because I won't." George Patton