Thread: State of MO vs McCoy-Felon in Possession of Firearm

State of MO vs McCoy-Felon in Possession of Firearm

Here is the MO Supreme Court Opinion on felons possessing firearms.

http://www.courts.mo.gov/file.jsp?id=90876

Basically, A5 has no bearing in the decision.
    "I can live for two weeks on a good compliment."
    ~Mark Twain

I wonder if Chief "Anti-Liberty" Dotson paid out of his own pocket to nullify A5, where as McCoy likely has/had to pay out of his own pocket to wiggle out of his crime.

Good try nonetheless.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

With Dotson, he is a typical Democrat Liberal....someone else always pays.

McCoy....I would be willing to bet, received some assistance.....just a gut feeling.
    "I can live for two weeks on a good compliment."
    ~Mark Twain

If we needed a vote to amend the Missouri constitution, and the language it was amended to apparently means nothing, then what was the point of the vote or even putting it on the ballot? if the judges arent' going to say it says what it clearly says, then maybe they need to be removed from office, and then barred from holding any state position anywhere ever again.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezek View Post
    If we needed a vote to amend the Missouri constitution, and the language it was amended to apparently means nothing, then what was the point of the vote or even putting it on the ballot? if the judges arent' going to say it says what it clearly says, then maybe they need to be removed from office, and then barred from holding any state position anywhere ever again.
    The violation occurred under the "old language"... so the ruling is based on that...
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

Quote Originally Posted by OC for ME View Post
    The violation occurred under the "old language"... so the ruling is based on that...
    Yes but another law applied, which is stated in the ruling, says because it was still on going with appeals, the new rules should have applied retroactively.