Thread: Are Firerarms allowed at Wolf Trap Farm Park

Are Firerarms allowed at Wolf Trap Farm Park

I am going to see Frankie Valli tomorrow at Wolf Trap and I was wondering if OC or CC was legal there. Any body know?
    "Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth." - Mike Tyson

I believe this will answer your question: http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...ad.php?t=72656

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the research, Homestar.

As an aside, "federal facility" does not just mean buildings or rented office space within buildings.

It sucks, but federal employees regularly do their assigned duties inside the fenced area - it's the only place they work.

For those bold and brave enough to push the envelope you might look to see that every public entrance is properly posted. (My money is that if they missed an entrance you will still get the ride and end up with some sort of disturbing the peace/trespass charge.)

As a reminder, handguns are merely the most efficient and effective means of providing self defense. The weapon is the thing between your ears - everything is just a tool to make that weapon work. PM me if you want a short list of common household items that make good self defense tools.

stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

Decided to err on the side of caution and left "my friend" in the car during the concert. On a side note, Frankie Valli might be 81 years old, but he can still hit the high notes. Had a fabulous time. Thanks for the responses and the information.
    "Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth." - Mike Tyson

We want a more complete AAR - metal detectors? gun sniffing dogs? phalax of armored cops with riot shields? was the entrance you used properly posted? did you check all the other public entrances?

Was the parking lot properly posted? (Think of those traffic directers having to face cars full of firearms? shudder!)

stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Wolf Trap has for a long time maintained that the entire entertainment area is a GFZ.

To enter you must pass through a roofed, covered ticket area, Which they claim to be a facility where NPS employees regularly work.

I did not find the original VaAlert on this, but did find it quoted in the link following:

http://www.defensivecarry.com/forum/second-amendment-gun-legislation-discussion/101257-nps-firearms-wolf-trap.html

Whoops - I see this is the same information that homestar posted in reply #2 - sorry.
    Last edited by Grapeshot; 08-20-2015 at 06:48 PM. Reason: fixed
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.