• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Are Firerarms allowed at Wolf Trap Farm Park

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
Thanks for the research, Homestar.

As an aside, "federal facility" does not just mean buildings or rented office space within buildings.

It sucks, but federal employees regularly do their assigned duties inside the fenced area - it's the only place they work.

For those bold and brave enough to push the envelope you might look to see that every public entrance is properly posted. (My money is that if they missed an entrance you will still get the ride and end up with some sort of disturbing the peace/trespass charge.)

As a reminder, handguns are merely the most efficient and effective means of providing self defense. The weapon is the thing between your ears - everything is just a tool to make that weapon work. PM me if you want a short list of common household items that make good self defense tools.;)

stay safe.

scooter348

Decided to err on the side of caution and left "my friend" in the car during the concert. On a side note, Frankie Valli might be 81 years old, but he can still hit the high notes. Had a fabulous time. Thanks for the responses and the information.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
We want a more complete AAR - metal detectors? gun sniffing dogs? phalax of armored cops with riot shields? was the entrance you used properly posted? did you check all the other public entrances?

Was the parking lot properly posted? (Think of those traffic directers having to face cars full of firearms? shudder!)

stay safe.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Wolf Trap has for a long time maintained that the entire entertainment area is a GFZ.

To enter you must pass through a roofed, covered ticket area, Which they claim to be a facility where NPS employees regularly work.

I did not find the original VaAlert on this, but did find it quoted in the link following:

http://www.defensivecarry.com/forum/second-amendment-gun-legislation-discussion/101257-nps-firearms-wolf-trap.html

Whoops - I see this is the same information that homestar posted in reply #2 - sorry.

Last edited: