Thread: Judge repeats gun rights slogan during sentencing.

Judge repeats gun rights slogan during sentencing.

"In giving probation with no jail time to a Milwaukee man charged with 55 counts of buying firearms with fake identification and dealing them without a license, a federal judge delivered a message:

"People kill people," U.S. District Rudolph Randa said, echoing a common gun rights slogan. "Guns don't kill people."

http://www.jsonline.com/news/crime/m...322283481.html

Don't miss the comments.
    Last edited by Nightmare; 08-19-2015 at 05:31 PM.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

I'm not quite sure what to make of that story, but it's good to know that all my trips to LA and my budding rap star status might come in handy some day!

😎😳😎😳😎

So using fake IDs and knowingly being a straw purchaser only gets you probation? Why do we never throw the book at these criminals?!
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by protias View Post
    So using fake IDs and knowingly being a straw purchaser only gets you probation? Why do we never throw the book at these criminals?!
    But....but....but, he din't know it was THAT serious.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Quote Originally Posted by protias View Post
    It wasn't a crime before 1968. Oh well, sorry you love gun control so much.
    "I'm just a no-account screed-peddler" Dave Workman http://goo.gl/CNf6pB

"We ought to extend the [1994] assault weapons ban" George W Bush

"The Bush Administration declared a permanent ban today on almost all foreign-made semiautomatic assault rifles." George Bush Sr, New York Times on July 8, 1989

"I support the Brady bill and I urge the Congress to enact it without delay." Ronald Regan.

"Guns are an abomination." Richard Nixon

Using a fake ID became a crime in 1968?

Kagan noted that according to the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives, nearly half of its gun trafficking investigations involve straw purchasers.

http://www.npr.org/2014/06/16/322650...-gun-purchases
    BATF and E Ironic that the esteemed Justice Kagan writes this with a straight face ...cough... Fast and Furious ...cough...

She also ignores the antique/relic exception...I know, not apart of the case...whatever?
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by OC for ME View Post
    BATF and E Ironic that the esteemed Justice Kagan writes this with a straight face ...cough... Fast and Furious ...cough...

She also ignores the antique/relic exception...I know, not apart of the case...whatever?
    Some people really s t r e t c h the Janis syndrome.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    Some people really s t r e t c h the Janis syndrome.
    Groupthink, formalized by Irving Janis psychologist at UCB and Yale.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post
    Well, if he had spelled it correctly you would probably be saying the same things about the Romans - who stole it from the Greeks who stole it from ....

stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

Maybe. Consider Occam's razor. Liberals and the advancement of liberalism. The dude broke a crappy law and gets a light sentence because the "aspiring rapper" is turning his life around...why interrupt his efforts.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

LOL Attempted thread-jack avoided. William of Ockham was a Christian and we know how the unwashed groupthink.

There is also The Janis Joplin Syndrome that appeals, I am sure, to the psychophants[sic] here.

Regular Member rightwinglibertarian's Avatar
    "In giving probation with no jail time to a Milwaukee man charged with 55 counts of buying firearms with fake identification and dealing them without a license, a federal judge delivered a message:

"People kill people," U.S. District Rudolph Randa said, echoing a common gun rights slogan. "Guns don't kill people."

http://www.jsonline.com/news/crime/m...322283481.html

Don't miss the comments.
    At a guess the judge probably convicted the man of the fake ID while ignoring the made-up 'crime' of dealing without a license.

But this is concerning

Mills purchased the firearms, usually at a Gander Mountain or Mills Fleet Farm store, with an identification that had an address that was different from his own. He tearfully told the court Wednesday he was "unaware of how serious" his offense was.
    Was the ID actually fake or did it just have an old address on it? If the latter then millions of us are criminals including me. I and others see zero point in paying the state to update an address that 99% of the time the LEO or whatever has no business knowing or more the average person checking ID in stores
    "Which part of shall not be infringed is so difficult to understand"?

"Any and all restrictions on the bearing of arms in public places are nullified as per the Second Amendment"

Conservative Broadcast || Google Plus profile

Regular Member twoskinsonemanns's Avatar
    Considering the victim of this "crime" the sentence was too harsh.
    "I support the ban on assault weapons" - Donald Trump

We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission - Ayn Rand