• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Cabela's store in West Chester Ohio now open (North of Cincinnati)

Midwest

Cabela's store in West Chester Ohio is now open for business (North of Cincinnati). Dayton and Cleveland to follow

(Disclaimer: I have no financial stake in posting this, just passing on info to others who might be interested. )

Just an FYI for those that didn't know, the Cabela's store in West Chester Ohio is now open for business. The 82,000 sq foot store is located just off Liberty Way and Interstate 75. They plan to open a store in Centerville (near Dayton)in Spring 2016 and Avon (near Cleveland) in Spring of 2017.

Now if we can get a store to open up somewhere in Northern Kentucky, that would be the icing on the cake. Maybe somewhere in Boone or Grant County?

'Hundreds turn out as Cabela's opens in West Chester'

http://www.fox19.com/story/29829448/cabelas-opens-in-west-chester

"WEST CHESTER, OH (FOX19) -Hundreds turned out as Cabela's celebrated the grand opening of its second Ohio store Wednesday morning. Cabela's executives and special guests hosted a 9:45 a.m. ribbon cutting ceremony at the 82,000 square-foot store just off Liberty Way and Interstate 75 amid a flurry of commercial development"

JediSkipdogg

I was there today. Pretty decent store. Small gun selection though but a good amount of accessories, holsters, and ammo. I walked out with two 325 round bricks of Federal .22 for $21.99 each (comes out to 6.7 cents per round which is a steal at the new norm prices of 22.) Nothing really great on gun prices though.

color of law

Accomplished Advocate
I was there today. Pretty decent store. Small gun selection though but a good amount of accessories, holsters, and ammo. I walked out with two 325 round bricks of Federal .22 for $21.99 each (comes out to 6.7 cents per round which is a steal at the new norm prices of 22.) Nothing really great on gun prices though.
Are you saying that 550 round bricks are now 325 round bricks?

You know those two bricks would be considered by law enforcement as an arsenal.

JediSkipdogg

Are you saying that 550 round bricks are now 325 round bricks?

You know those two bricks would be considered by law enforcement as an arsenal.

They had some 500 (I haven't seen a 550 in years) in different brands but were easily selling those for $60+. Some people were grabbing them like they were getting a steal. I actually calculated the price per round for every box and found the 325 was the best at 6.7 cents per round. Pretty sad but when I checked online, 9 cents a round is the cheapest a few of the ammo bot websites had it for, so I had to grab two.

Midwest

Is there a "magic number" of rounds that makes you an arsenal, by law? And what difference would it make, to borrow an (in)famous line.

20 firearms or more than 1,000 rounds of ammunition is an arsenal and someone would have needed an arsenal license if this proposal for "Gun Violence Prevention Act of 1994 " went through. This didn't pass but it is in the 103 Congress 1993-1994 under section 204.

(This is public information from the government - non copyrighted).

http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/query/F?c103:1:./temp/~c103Cf8wLT:e20888:

"SEC. 204. FEDERAL ARSENAL LICENSE.

(a) OFFENSE- Section 922 of title 18, United States Code, as amended by section 203(a), is amended by adding at the end the following new subsection:

`(x) It shall be unlawful for a person to possess more than 20 firearms or more than 1,000 rounds of ammunition unless the person--

`(1) is a licensed importer, licensed manufacturer, or licensed dealer; or

`(2) has been issued an arsenal license pursuant to section 923(m).'.

(b) ARSENAL LICENSE- Section 923 of title 18, United States Code, as amended by section 203(b), is amended by adding at the end the following new subsection:

`(m)(1) The Secretary shall issue an arsenal license if--

`(A) the applicant has--

`(i) filed a sworn application with the Secretary, stating--

`(I) the applicant's name, address, and date of birth;

`(II) that the applicant is at least 21 years of age; and

`(III) that the applicant is not prohibited from possessing or receiving a firearm under Federal, State, or local law;

`(ii) filed with the Secretary a certificate, dated within the previous 60 days, from the chief law enforcement officer of the applicant's State of residence, stating that the applicant has not exhibited such a propensity for violence, instability, or disregard of the law as may render the applicant's possession of an arsenal a danger to the community; and

`(iii) paid an arsenal license fee of $300 for a 3-year license period; and

`(B) the Secretary has determined that the information in the application is accurate, based in part upon name- and fingerprint-based research in all available Federal, State, and local recordkeeping systems.

`(2) The holder of an arsenal license shall be subject to all obligations and requirements pertaining to licensed dealers under this chapter.'.

(c) PENALTY- Section 924(a)(5) of title 18, United States Code, as amended by section 203(c), is amended by striking `or (w)' and inserting `(w), or (x)'.

(d) EFFECTIVE DATE- The amendments made by section shall become effective on the date that is 180 days after the date of enactment of this Act."

Again, it did not pass...but it could have...

Last edited:

GrimeTime

Stopped there the other day. Good alternative to BassPro. Maybe competition will keep prices in check? Not quite as impressive as the mother ship in Dundee, MI. I did walk out with an "arsenal" of 1200 rounds of .22 CCI ammo. Happy to have a Cabelas in striking distance.
sent from my Lumia Icon Windows Phone using Tapatalk