• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Oooops,,, I got some Complacency..

B

Bikenut

I audio and video record every minute I am out in public not only to have a record of what happened with who but, perhaps I importantly, what did NOT happen with who.

Without a recording an incident becomes a matter of...... he said/she said. A recording shows who said/did what.

I record even on those rare instances when I am CCing and not OCing...... for the exact same reasons I record while OCing.

Carrying a gun is a way to CYA when attacked by a bad guy. Recording is a way to CYA in court after being attacked by a bad guy.

Last edited by a moderator:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
I know Skid remembers my Food Lion incident, enough LEO's to make a ball team, limited consensual conversation on my part, had pictures and digitally recording. Walked away and sat down in a restaurant - staff lied to the manager about what happened. The recording saved the day with Food Lion and with the restaurant, also the LEO Sgt who led the phalanx that night was apparently forced to resign shortly thereafter.

...forced to resign...:rolleyes:

That'll show-em.
The operative word is "apparently" and I have no detailed information, but there were apparently other issues with performance and judgmental errors.

That particular officer seems to have risen to her level of incompetence and got dinged too many times.