Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 37

Thread: Moving to Idaho

  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Long gone
    Posts
    2,569

    Moving to Idaho

    I have purchased a home in Idaho and will become a citizen of Idaho as soon as my house in Washington sells that could be 30 days or as long as next summer.

    I 594, the future tax increases I see on the horizon, future gun laws, crime rates and the political atmosphere that I believe is only going to get worse were all contributing factors in our decision to vacate Washington permanently.

    I have an Open Carry banner and frame that I will be glad to pass on to some one that has been around for a while and I believe will be around for the foreseeable future otherwise it goes on the wall of my new shop in Idaho. I also have a bit over 1000 Washington Open Carry pamphlets that I will be glad to pass on to someone that will see that they get distributed properly otherwise I will take them to the OC camp out in the spring.

    I am still planning on attending Washington events such as the camp out and Spokane activities when possible.
    Throw me to the wolves and I will come back leading the pack.

  2. #2
    Regular Member Alpine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Mercer Island
    Posts
    665
    Best of luck to you.

    I considered ID or MT, but then I realized that the people fleeing CA brought their voting habits and economic ignorance with them, and after they finish eating WA they will move like locusts to eat ID and MT as well. Maybe it will happen or maybe not, but for now I'll stay and fight the change. Nothing is inevitable.

    Hope everything works out for you in ID.

  3. #3
    Campaign Veteran MSG Laigaie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Philipsburg, Montana
    Posts
    3,112
    Good luck mate. PM sent

  4. #4
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Long gone
    Posts
    2,569
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post
    To rural Idaho, or a Californicated 'city'? Check out Sandpoint, one can almost mistake it for Mill Valley.
    Rural Idaho, I can't live in a city. I am only going about 40 air miles from where I live in Washington so I am in essence still here and still in the battle just protecting my rights, property, finances and future.
    Throw me to the wolves and I will come back leading the pack.

  5. #5
    Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Whatcom County
    Posts
    16,690
    Good Luck Jeff! Cant say I don't blame you looking at a move in the future myself.

    Where are we going to go when Sanders wins? Or worse yet the solution to the Weimar Republic being created.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

    U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

  6. #6
    Regular Member OC Freedom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    ADA County, ID
    Posts
    609
    Welcome to Idaho Jeff, as a former Spokane Washington subject I understand your reasons for moving out. I left two years ago for The Treasure Valley and have no regrets. For me the Washington state I grew up in, lived in, is just a memory. The state is on life support, in the criticle care unit and their is no hope for a recovery.

    Some members on here might bash on you for leaving and not staying like it was for me on this site, but the cause in Washington is lost. It is time for pro-gun, libertarians, constitutionalist, conservatives, and any other liberty seeking folks to strengthen states that are already this way.

    I thought about Post Falls/CDA, but the snow pushed me south. I only miss White Elephant and the Wolf Lodge steakhouse at exit 22. Dang it now I'm hungry for their ribeye.
    Last edited by OC Freedom; 08-21-2015 at 06:19 PM.

  7. #7
    Activist Member golddigger14s's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Lacey, Washington, USA
    Posts
    2,008
    Another rat jumping ship (air leak/exasperation).
    We need people like you, and Bill to stay here, and help fight the stupid.
    Will you at least wait till after the next camp-out?
    "The beauty of the Second Amenment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it." Thomas Jefferson
    "Evil often triumphs, but never conquers." Joseph Roux
    http://nwfood.shelfreliance.com

  8. #8
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Kahlotus, WA
    Posts
    263
    In the long run, the majority of the problems stem from Western Washington, where the majority of votes are from. If Eastern Washington's voice would be heard (& actually listened to) things might be a little better.

    Quote Originally Posted by golddigger14s View Post
    Another rat jumping ship (air leak/exasperation).
    We need people like you, and Bill to stay here, and help fight the stupid.
    Will you at least wait till after the next camp-out?

  9. #9
    Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Whatcom County
    Posts
    16,690
    Vote harder it will change!.....
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

    U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

  10. #10
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Long gone
    Posts
    2,569
    Quote Originally Posted by golddigger14s View Post
    Another rat jumping ship (air leak/exasperation).
    We need people like you, and Bill to stay here, and help fight the stupid.
    Will you at least wait till after the next camp-out?
    I am still here and I am still in the fight only 40 minutes from Spokane, I was 30 minutes, so not much of a difference.

    I will be attending the camp out I purchased the new house before I made reservations.
    Throw me to the wolves and I will come back leading the pack.

  11. #11
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Kahlotus, WA
    Posts
    263
    Quote Originally Posted by sudden valley gunner View Post
    Vote harder it will change!.....
    I've voted in every election I can, part of the problem is in Franklin County (where I live) there is a lower turnout of about 25-30% of registered voters even voting. I am thinking that, in a way, Washington doing the statewide vote-by-mail system has hurt elections.

    For the Primary Elections, there were a total of 30,384 registered voters in Franklin County, but only 6,752 ballots turned in.

    In the community I'm in which has a population of about 200, we're lucky to get a voter turnout of 15-20%, so part of the problem, it seems, is that Eastern Washington voters don't like raising their voices as much as they need to.

  12. #12
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    West Plains, ,
    Posts
    387
    If no one else pipes up and wants the banner, I will take it. Not sure how long I will be here but it will be at least another 2-3 years.

    bob

  13. #13
    Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Whatcom County
    Posts
    16,690
    Quote Originally Posted by mnrobitaille View Post
    I've voted in every election I can, part of the problem is in Franklin County (where I live) there is a lower turnout of about 25-30% of registered voters even voting. I am thinking that, in a way, Washington doing the statewide vote-by-mail system has hurt elections.

    For the Primary Elections, there were a total of 30,384 registered voters in Franklin County, but only 6,752 ballots turned in.

    In the community I'm in which has a population of about 200, we're lucky to get a voter turnout of 15-20%, so part of the problem, it seems, is that Eastern Washington voters don't like raising their voices as much as they need to.

    I have come to the conclusion more people voting will not help.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

    U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

  14. #14
    Campaign Veteran MSG Laigaie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Philipsburg, Montana
    Posts
    3,112
    Quote Originally Posted by mnrobitaille View Post
    In the long run, the majority of the problems stem from king countyWestern Washington.
    Take out king county and the face of the State would change. Too many socialist/communist/dum@zzes


    Quote Originally Posted by BobR View Post
    .... the banner...........bob
    I have several banners in different sizes. One looks like this:Attachment 12722

    You can have them made, as I did, by vista print. http://www.vistaprint.com

    They have very reasonable prices, 'specially if your budget is tight, like mine. I get cheap/inexpensive OCDO business cards, T-shirts, banners and even coffee cups.

    Thank you. This has been a public service announcement. You will now be returned to regular broadcasting.

  15. #15
    Regular Member EMNofSeattle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    S. Kitsap, Washington state
    Posts
    3,670
    Quote Originally Posted by MSG Laigaie View Post
    Take out king county and the face of the State would change. Too many socialist/communist/dum@zzes




    I have several banners in different sizes. One looks like this:Attachment 12722

    You can have them made, as I did, by vista print. http://www.vistaprint.com

    They have very reasonable prices, 'specially if your budget is tight, like mine. I get cheap/inexpensive OCDO business cards, T-shirts, banners and even coffee cups.

    Thank you. This has been a public service announcement. You will now be returned to regular broadcasting.
    Take out king county and our unemployment rate skyrockets as well
    they love our milk and honey, but they preach about some other way of living, when they're running down my country man they're walkin' on the fightin side of me

    NRA Member

  16. #16
    Regular Member HPmatt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Dallas
    Posts
    1,437
    My father-in-law's business is all Fresno based. Having been there for 70 years he told me the only change he would do if he could was - to have moved it to Idaho.

    He forsaw a lot of things to his benefit, but not the collapse of capitalism in CA. Normal folks in the Central Valley get outvoted by the nuts on the Coast, Illegals and Federal Judges doing their will protecting the Delta Smelt.

    Looks like the demographic influence of the CA nuts has spread all up the Left Coast, into Utah parts of Idaho, Colorado and certainly Austin Texas.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    “Men live without other security than what their own strength and their own invention shall furnish them"
    -Thomas Hobbes 1651

  17. #17
    Campaign Veteran gogodawgs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Federal Way, Washington, USA
    Posts
    5,668

    Cool

    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Hayes View Post
    I have purchased a home in Idaho and will become a citizen of Idaho as soon as my house in Washington sells that could be 30 days or as long as next summer.

    I 594, the future tax increases I see on the horizon, future gun laws, crime rates and the political atmosphere that I believe is only going to get worse were all contributing factors in our decision to vacate Washington permanently.

    I have an Open Carry banner and frame that I will be glad to pass on to some one that has been around for a while and I believe will be around for the foreseeable future otherwise it goes on the wall of my new shop in Idaho. I also have a bit over 1000 Washington Open Carry pamphlets that I will be glad to pass on to someone that will see that they get distributed properly otherwise I will take them to the OC camp out in the spring.

    I am still planning on attending Washington events such as the camp out and Spokane activities when possible.
    GPS coordinates please?
    Live Free or Die!

  18. #18
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Long gone
    Posts
    2,569
    Quote Originally Posted by gogodawgs View Post
    GPS coordinates please?
    PM sent
    Throw me to the wolves and I will come back leading the pack.

  19. #19
    Regular Member badkarma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Duvall, Washington
    Posts
    330
    I can be responsible for the banner and pamphlets. I'm part of WaGuns and bring the swag to major events.
    WA Guns
    "There is no such thing as a free lunch, but there is always free cheese in a mousetrap."

  20. #20
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Long gone
    Posts
    2,569
    Quote Originally Posted by badkarma View Post
    I can be responsible for the banner and pamphlets. I'm part of WaGuns and bring the swag to major events.
    Sorry the banner and pamphlets are spoken for, I should have posted this sooner but now that we are moving I am way busier than I want to be.
    Throw me to the wolves and I will come back leading the pack.

  21. #21
    Regular Member BigDeeeeeeee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Kootenai County, ID
    Posts
    77
    I spent a few years in WA but after the gregoire election fiasco I knew it was time to go.

    Welcome to Idaho.
    Darren

    Pass the popcorn

  22. #22
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Long gone
    Posts
    2,569
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDeeeeeeee View Post
    I spent a few years in WA but after the gregoire election fiasco I knew it was time to go.

    Welcome to Idaho.
    Thank you
    Throw me to the wolves and I will come back leading the pack.

  23. #23
    Regular Member Freedom1Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Greater Eastside Washington
    Posts
    4,463
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDeeeeeeee View Post
    I spent a few years in WA but after the gregoire election fiasco I knew it was time to go.

    Welcome to Idaho.
    It did follow the movie didn't it? The movie about her election, (Black Sheep).

    Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk
    Provision for free medical attendance and nursing, for clothing, for food, for housing, for the education of children, and a hundred other matters, might with equal propriety be proposed as tending to relieve the employee of mental strain and worry. --- These matters obviously lie outside the orbit of congressional power. (Railroad Retirement Board v Alton Railroad)

  24. #24
    Regular Member Difdi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Seattle, Washington, USA
    Posts
    988
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpine View Post
    I considered ID or MT, but then I realized that the people fleeing CA brought their voting habits and economic ignorance with them, and after they finish eating WA they will move like locusts to eat ID and MT as well.
    They fled California to escape the hell they had voted for, and now they find themselves without the laws they considered essential back home. It never occurs to them that there is a connection between those things.

  25. #25
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Long gone
    Posts
    2,569
    Quote Originally Posted by Difdi View Post
    They fled California to escape the hell they had voted for, and now they find themselves without the laws they considered essential back home. It never occurs to them that there is a connection between those things.
    I fled California 23 years ago, I did not vote for the hell that was occurring at that time nor did I miss the laws I fled as a matter of fact I tried to slam the door shut behind me. Unfortunately too many do exactly what you are saying.


    I am now fleeing Washington, trust me I will be fighting to keep the laws out of Idaho.
    Throw me to the wolves and I will come back leading the pack.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •