Thread: Armed intruder breaks into Kathy C. Graziano's house: "Police are wonderful!"

Armed intruder breaks into Kathy C. Graziano's house: "Police are wonderful!"

So, why did the armed intruder flee? The article doesn't say.

Man with gun breaks into South Richmond home of City Council's Graziano
    An armed man broke into the South Richmond home of Richmond City Councilwoman Kathy C. Graziano on Thursday.

“We had an unfortunate incident ... with an armed individual coming into our house,” said Graziano, who represents the 4th District. “Luckily, nobody was hurt, and the police did a wonderful job responding.”

Police were called to the home on Westchester Road shortly after 2:30 p.m., said Richmond police spokesman Gene Lepley.

A man entered the home but encountered someone inside and fled, Lepley said.

As he was outside running away from the home, the man displayed a firearm, Lepley said. Graziano confirmed the firearm was a handgun.
    Who was that someone -- and was that someone armed? Isn't Graziano anti-gun??

[self moderating because any comments I would make would be considered personal attacks.}

stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Isn't she the one that gave us the zinger at the City Council meeting a while back?

Yeppers - that's her!

She may be anti gun, but she sure was quick to call for others with guns.
    Last edited by Grapeshot; 08-22-2015 at 01:15 AM. Reason: added
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

"Graziano", as near as I can tell, is Italian for "pleasant" or "pleasing". Don't look to me like this woman is very pleasant. And what, exactly did the cops do to protect her from the initial attack that made them so wonderful? If Badguy really had violent intent, would the cops have helped at all? I don't know, it all sounds like some sort of staged production, to me.

I can't help thinking the same thing about Washington - since there are now "more guns in DC" as the result of Heller, the homicide rate has gone up, right? I can't figure out how they did it, but I'll bet there's something behind that. Maybe if they let on to street thugs that DC lacks the ability to trace firearms, cartridge cases, and bullets (i.e., no forensic analysis), then some folks would be more likely to use guns than otherwise. Question for the PD is, "How many, exactly, of those lawfully purchased "more guns" were actually involved in the increased homicide rate?".
    Daniel L. Hawes - 540 347 2430 - HTTP://www.VirginiaLegalDefense.com

By the way, nothing I say on this website as "user" should be taken as either advertising for attorney services or legal advice, merely personal opinion. Everyone having a question regarding the application of law to the facts of their situation should seek the advice of an attorney competent in the subject matter of the issues presented and licensed to practice in the relevant state.

Quote Originally Posted by user View Post
    "Graziano".............. Don't look to me like this woman is very pleasant.........
    I do appreciate the photo of her. I will replace my "Warning notices" with her pic. Should keep a few away.

And who is to say the Bad Guy did not see HER and run. Not a personal attack, just an enquiring mind.
    "Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the people's liberty teeth (and) keystone... the rifle and the pistol are equally indispensable... more than 99% of them by their silence indicate that they are in safe and sane hands. The very atmosphere of firearms everywhere restrains evil interference .When firearms go, all goes, we need them every hour." -- George Washington

Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    Isn't she the one that gave us the zinger at the City Council meeting a while back?

Yeppers - that's her!

Yes she is.

Quote Originally Posted by article
    As he was outside running away from the home, the man displayed a firearm, Lepley said. Graziano confirmed the firearm was a handgun.
    Obviously she was mistaken. Armed robbery is more illegal than robbery. Oh wait, did she remember to post a sign?
    "It's not important how many people I've killed. What's important is how I get along with the people who are still alive" - Jimmy the Tulip

Quote Originally Posted by user View Post
    "Graziano", as near as I can tell, is Italian for "pleasant" or "pleasing". Don't look to me like this woman is very pleasant. And what, exactly did the cops do to protect her from the initial attack that made them so wonderful? If Badguy really had violent intent, would the cops have helped at all? I don't know, it all sounds like some sort of staged production, to me.

--snipped--
    I had the same thought - a staged/false report possibly. As paranoid as she is but apparently no security cameras?
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post

Yeppers - that's her!

Inquiring minds want to know! What's the story behind the "zinger at the City Council meeting?"
    "Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth." - Mike Tyson

Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by scooter348 View Post
    Inquiring minds want to know! What's the story behind the "zinger at the City Council meeting?"
    She subtly flipped him the bird at a meeting when vcdl was complaining about something. I got a picture of it.
    Y

Quote Originally Posted by scooter348 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by peter nap View Post
    She subtly flipped him the bird at a meeting when vcdl was complaining about something. I got a picture of it.
    Y
    That single digit gesture aptly defines the responsible maturity of the individual - responding to LHCs.

The bad guy picked the perfect victim. She has no ability to defend herself.

I love that she had to call men with guns (the police) to defend her.

you ought to point out that fact at the next council meeting - and ask if she might want to put out a 'My house is GFZ' in her front yard too?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    “Men live without other security than what their own strength and their own invention shall furnish them"
    -Thomas Hobbes 1651

Regular Member twoskinsonemanns's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by va_tazdad View Post
    The bad guy picked the perfect victim. She has no ability to defend herself.

I love that she had to call men with guns (the police) to defend her.
    How sure are you about that? I seem to get the impression most of the elitist antis may not feel the commoners deserve to protect themselves but that doesn't necessarily apply to them.
    "I support the ban on assault weapons" - Donald Trump

We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission - Ayn Rand

Quote Originally Posted by twoskinsonemanns View Post
    How sure are you about that? I seem to get the impression most of the elitist antis may not feel the commoners deserve to protect themselves but that doesn't necessarily apply to them.
    I am under the impression that the elite hire persons with guns, as opposed to taking personal responsibility for their protection/safety.

Rosie O'Donnell has never, that I'm aware of, picked up a gun but every time she goes out her front door she is accompanied by men in black hiding guns under their suit jackets.

Some hawt actress-type and her actor-type hubby, OTOH, went out and bought pistolas and training after an "incident".

From that limited data, it appears that hawtness is positively correlated with gun ownership while not-hawtness (don't want to call her ugly for fear of insulting all the other ugly people) is negatively correlated.

stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

Quote Originally Posted by peter nap View Post
    Did her digital deployment result in her being charged with brandishing?

Oh wait, that only happens to the good guys.