• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Armed intruder breaks into Kathy C. Graziano's house: "Police are wonderful!"

Repeater

Armed intruder breaks into Kathy C. Graziano's house: "Police are wonderful!"

So, why did the armed intruder flee? The article doesn't say.

Man with gun breaks into South Richmond home of City Council's Graziano
An armed man broke into the South Richmond home of Richmond City Councilwoman Kathy C. Graziano on Thursday.

“We had an unfortunate incident ... with an armed individual coming into our house,” said Graziano, who represents the 4th District. “Luckily, nobody was hurt, and the police did a wonderful job responding.”

Police were called to the home on Westchester Road shortly after 2:30 p.m., said Richmond police spokesman Gene Lepley.

A man entered the home but encountered someone inside and fled, Lepley said.

As he was outside running away from the home, the man displayed a firearm, Lepley said. Graziano confirmed the firearm was a handgun.

Who was that someone -- and was that someone armed? Isn't Graziano anti-gun??

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
[self moderating because any comments I would make would be considered personal attacks.}

stay safe.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Isn't she the one that gave us the zinger at the City Council meeting a while back?

Yeppers - that's her!

She may be anti gun, but she sure was quick to call for others with guns.

Last edited:

user

Accomplished Advocate
"Graziano", as near as I can tell, is Italian for "pleasant" or "pleasing". Don't look to me like this woman is very pleasant. And what, exactly did the cops do to protect her from the initial attack that made them so wonderful? If Badguy really had violent intent, would the cops have helped at all? I don't know, it all sounds like some sort of staged production, to me.

I can't help thinking the same thing about Washington - since there are now "more guns in DC" as the result of Heller, the homicide rate has gone up, right? I can't figure out how they did it, but I'll bet there's something behind that. Maybe if they let on to street thugs that DC lacks the ability to trace firearms, cartridge cases, and bullets (i.e., no forensic analysis), then some folks would be more likely to use guns than otherwise. Question for the PD is, "How many, exactly, of those lawfully purchased "more guns" were actually involved in the increased homicide rate?".

MSG Laigaie

Campaign Veteran
"Graziano".............. Don't look to me like this woman is very pleasant.........

I do appreciate the photo of her. I will replace my "Warning notices" with her pic. Should keep a few away.

And who is to say the Bad Guy did not see HER and run. Not a personal attack, just an enquiring mind.

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
article said:
As he was outside running away from the home, the man displayed a firearm, Lepley said. Graziano confirmed the firearm was a handgun.

Obviously she was mistaken. Armed robbery is more illegal than robbery. Oh wait, did she remember to post a sign?

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
"Graziano", as near as I can tell, is Italian for "pleasant" or "pleasing". Don't look to me like this woman is very pleasant. And what, exactly did the cops do to protect her from the initial attack that made them so wonderful? If Badguy really had violent intent, would the cops have helped at all? I don't know, it all sounds like some sort of staged production, to me.

--snipped--

I had the same thought - a staged/false report possibly. As paranoid as she is but apparently no security cameras?

HPmatt

you ought to point out that fact at the next council meeting - and ask if she might want to put out a 'My house is GFZ' in her front yard too?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

twoskinsonemanns

The bad guy picked the perfect victim. She has no ability to defend herself.

I love that she had to call men with guns (the police) to defend her.

How sure are you about that? I seem to get the impression most of the elitist antis may not feel the commoners deserve to protect themselves but that doesn't necessarily apply to them.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
How sure are you about that? I seem to get the impression most of the elitist antis may not feel the commoners deserve to protect themselves but that doesn't necessarily apply to them.

I am under the impression that the elite hire persons with guns, as opposed to taking personal responsibility for their protection/safety.

Rosie O'Donnell has never, that I'm aware of, picked up a gun but every time she goes out her front door she is accompanied by men in black hiding guns under their suit jackets.

Some hawt actress-type and her actor-type hubby, OTOH, went out and bought pistolas and training after an "incident".

From that limited data, it appears that hawtness is positively correlated with gun ownership while not-hawtness (don't want to call her ugly for fear of insulting all the other ugly people) is negatively correlated.

stay safe.