• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Asked to leave a restaurant because of a gun

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
I would want a receipt to show I owe nothing. Why would I just leave? The owner could easily call the police and report an armed dine and dash.
Do as citizen suggested. Record and get a receipt.
It is not unreasonable to protect yourself. Isn't that why we all carry in the first place?

Thanks, but I think MAC702 has a good point, too.

Its sort of a Catch22. Leave without paying--you're open to an accusation of theft. Firmly request or demand a zero-charge receipt--now you're risking having the police called for trespassing.

I guess one solution is to record and request a zero-charge receipt, prefacing it with the statement that you're not being allowed to finish the meal. ??

Pa_Carry

Going to butt in. I can understand everyone's feeling in this matter. My first impression is to walk out, without paying, as well. Big problem with that is that the waitstaff will most likely have to foot the bill.

Sent from my SM-P905V using Tapatalk

Alpine

Going to butt in. I can understand everyone's feeling in this matter. My first impression is to walk out, without paying, as well. Big problem with that is that the waitstaff will most likely have to foot the bill.

Sent from my SM-P905V using Tapatalk

Maybe they shouldn't work for some ant-freedom and ignorant jerks? Besides, it's hazardous to their health to work in a place that forbids self-defense. Think of all the restaurant robberies and shootings.

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
I would want a receipt to show I owe nothing. Why would I just leave? The owner could easily call the police and report an armed dine and dash.
Do as citizen suggested. Record and get a receipt.
It is not unreasonable to protect yourself. Isn't that why we all carry in the first place?

How do they prove you dined and dashed, even if you had? Surveillance? The same surveillance that shows they kicked you out? Not to mention, it's a place with a few dozen witnesses, likely.

What if they refuse a zero balance receipt? What if asking for such brings out a full charge bill instead?

If waitstaff is stiffed because of this, they have a legitimate claim against their employer. I do sympathize with them, though. Most wouldn't be in a position to get justice. I'm sure my post-incident letters would mention the situation.

Difdi

a copy of the RCW(revised code of washington) that covered the bar area. I think they took it off the wall there and carried it out to the garden. We advised them that this was not the bar area, but they insisted we leave with our firearms.

Was anyone obviously under 21 eating in the non-bar area of the restaurant? If so, they should have been kicked out as well.

As for paying, if they want to order you out before the time to pay arrives, obviously they don't want to be paid.

decklin

How do they prove you dined and dashed, even if you had? Surveillance? The same surveillance that shows they kicked you out? Not to mention, it's a place with a few dozen witnesses, likely.

What if they refuse a zero balance receipt? What if asking for such brings out a full charge bill instead?

If waitstaff is stiffed because of this, they have a legitimate claim against their employer. I do sympathize with them, though. Most wouldn't be in a position to get justice. I'm sure my post-incident letters would mention the situation.

That may be your preference but I'd rather ask for a receipt and film myself asking for it.
They don't have to prove anything. All they need to say is you left without paying.
Without a receipt or a recording backing your side up you're probably going to have an interesting time.

B

Bikenut

That may be your preference but I'd rather ask for a receipt and film myself asking for it.
They don't have to prove anything. All they need to say is you left without paying.
Without a receipt or a recording backing your side up you're probably going to have an interesting time.
And there's the way to handle it........ record, record, record!!!! And record yourself asking if you are expected to pay. And record yourself saying if you are expected to pay you will call the police for being robbed.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member

Generally just by saying so in petit court.

Several people spent time in jail on my uncorroborated say-so. I was in retail sales. Police and courts seem to give a presumption of truth to accusations by merchants, etc.

PS: Nice alliteration--dined and dashed. :)

Last edited:

FTG-05

Good on the OP for:

- Naming the restaurant in question so everybody reading this won't support this establishment
- Not paying after being asked to leave
- Naming the restaurant in question so everybody reading this won't support this establishment

:banana:

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
Well, considering that's what it gets called in arrest reports, court documents, etc, it's not like he coined the term.

Yeah, wasn't me. I remember asking what it meant when I heard some classmates getting in trouble for it at Annapolis, of all places.

OC for ME

Maybe they shouldn't work for some ant-freedom and ignorant jerks? Besides, it's hazardous to their health to work in a place that forbids self-defense. Think of all the restaurant robberies and shootings.
Biker bar...ya really think there is not a gat or two, Mexican style, in that dive on any given night?

MSG Laigaie

Campaign Veteran
Good on the OP for:

- Not paying after being asked to leave

:banana:
Are you speaking of this place? Yeppers, that is the place.

The Cedar Stump, LLC  
Bar & Grill (We were in the Grill)
Address: 19711 Smokey Point Blvd, Arlington, WA 98223
Phone (360) 386-8112
Write a review
Reviews
Be the first to review

FMJ 911

I almost met a co-worker there to watch his band play.

Another reason I like to cook my own food at home, Nobody can tell me to not OC at mealtime! No shotguns allowed on the tabletop though. :(