• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Anybody going to WorldFest in Louisville?

BB62

Accomplished Advocate
I'm planning on going to WorldFest and OC'ing. Being an immigrant from the good old USSR I hope to raise a little awareness and conversation with folks about KY's great gun culture, specifically with foreigners. Why particularly foreigners? Because I work with lots of folks who are from other countries, are rather conservative, but the concept of firearm ownership is foreign. Hoping a few folks will ask questions and have pleasant discussions as I get to experience some cool cultures. Hoping to see some folks there.
http://louisvilleky.gov/government/city-events/worldfest/
It was a GREAT event today! Thanks to poetdante for mentioning it, and to both he and gutshot for their hospitality to this out-of-towner.

I heartily recommend the event to those looking for exotic entertainment, food, clothing, and goods from around the world. Not to mention the exotic members of the fairer sex... ;)

If it's hot next year, bring water and sunscreen - two items I didn't. I've told my wife that's it's definitely worth going to next year.

Thanks again gentlemen!