• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Kentucky Chuck E. Cheese refuses to serve police officer with firearm

OC for ME

davidmcbeth

Banned
Odd, I've never had a cop "help me". And they cannot make me "free-er". And, we train monkeys not people.

Awww..sheriff from another county complaining? So he would not trespass anyone in his jurisdiction if a business owner complained? Right!

color of law

Accomplished Advocate
I pretty sick and tired of the Executive Branch, Legislative Branch and the Judicial Branch of our government believing they are our masters.

I don't understand how they think they are entitled to be respected.

I have a 90 year old neighbor flying his American flag at half staff with a sign under it saying "our country is in morning."

His pain is my pain.

WalkingWolf

I believe that being a police officer is not one of the protected categories under civil rights laws. The manager can trespass him for any reason, even just for being a LEO.

The sense of entitlement is what is driving more honest people to dislike the police. And current officers do not understand why they are not showered with kisses, and hugs.

I have poor tolerance for those who feel entitled, anybody, and that includes politicians, and their agents.

Next thing the sheriff will be claiming that laws entitle them to free meals.

Last edited:

color of law

Accomplished Advocate
I believe that being a police officer is not one of the protected categories under civil rights laws. The manager can trespass him for any reason, even just for being a LEO.

The sense of entitlement is what is driving more honest people to dislike the police. And current officers do not understand why they are not showered with kisses, and hugs.

I have poor tolerance for those who feel entitled, anybody, and that includes politicians, and their agents.

Next thing the sheriff will be claiming that laws entitle them to free meals.
We are an entitlement nation, aren't we?:(

WalkingWolf

That law appears to allow them to be armed, but I believe it would be unconstitutional if the law allows them to trespass on private property when told to leave. It really is the same for LAC, firearms are not trespassed, people are. If they are there in an official capacity then the fourth amendment applies, but it appears this officer was there for food, and fun while armed.

countryclubjoe

Is chucky chese a gun free establishment? Oh yes, children are there.... Seems like a good place for bad guys to maim and murder... Who will protect the children and the employees when the bad guys come?
My .02

CCJ

self preservation

If such a law grants immunity to LEO to ignore and override private business in the name of eating pizza, society is a lot scarier than I thought.

utbagpiper

Banned
I believe that being a police officer is not one of the protected categories under civil rights laws....

That law appears to allow them to be armed, but I believe it would be unconstitutional if the law allows them to trespass on private property when told to leave.

My biggest beef with civil rights laws is that there are "protected categories" rather than requiring equal treatment of everyone, period.

If a business owner cannot legally refuse service to a black man, a Catholic, a homosexual, a republican, or a disabled person, if a store selling "east coast collegiate style clothing" can't require employees to dress in that clothing if doing so violates their religious beliefs, if bakers and photographers can be required to provide services in support of conduct that violates their conscience, then why should a business owner be allowed to refuse to service to someone who happens to be in lawful, possession of a firearm? Or even a person who happens to be a cop?

If the only way a business owner knows two men are homosexual is that they chose to hold hands in his store he would not get away with refusing service because they were holding hands. He'd get dinged for refusing service to homosexuals. Ditto if a business owner refused service to someone wearing a crucifix, a headscarf, or a yarmulke. He is going to have some explaining to do about religious discrimination.

So why is it ok to refuse service to someone in lawful possession of a firearm? Are we gun owners really ok being told to sit at the back of the bus?

What is someone's tag line around here contends? Either we are all equal are we are not. Get rid of the civil rights "protected categories" and treat everyone equally.

(Which is not to say I don't take a little perverse pleasure seeing cops treated equally poorly as legally armed LACs. But treating Jews as badly as blacks or Catholics isn't quite the equality civil rights laws are supposed to yield.)

Charles

Last edited:

mnrobitaille

I feel the same way, that how is it legal to request a law abiding citizen exercising a constitutional right to leave the premises, when according to rules & regulations they have done nothing wrong.

I watched the DVD "Handgun basics for self-defense and target shooting" that was done by Lenny Magill that was released back in 1994 & I remember, one time, saying a handgun was a tool.

My biggest beef with civil rights laws is that there are "protected categories" rather than requiring equal treatment of everyone, period.

If a business owner cannot legally refuse service to a black man, a Catholic, a homosexual, a republican, or a disabled person, if a store selling "east coast collegiate style clothing" can't require employees to dress in that clothing if doing so violates their religious beliefs, if bakers and photographers can be required to provide services in support of conduct that violates their conscience, then why should a business owner be allowed to refuse to service to someone who happens to be in lawful, possession of a firearm? Or even a person who happens to be a cop?

If the only way a business owner knows two men are homosexual is that they chose to hold hands in his store he would not get away with refusing service because they were holding hands. He'd get dinged for refusing service to homosexuals. Ditto if a business owner refused service to someone wearing a crucifix, a headscarf, or a yarmulke. He is going to have some explaining to do about religious discrimination.

So why is it ok to refuse service to someone in lawful possession of a firearm? Are we gun owners really ok being told to sit at the back of the bus?

What is someone's tag line around here contends? Either we are all equal are we are not. Get rid of the civil rights "protected categories" and treat everyone equally.

(Which is not to say I don't take a little perverse pleasure seeing cops treated equally poorly as legally armed LACs. But treating Jews as badly as blacks or Catholics isn't quite the equality civil rights laws are supposed to yield.)

Charles

OC for ME

Individual private property rights is the foundation of liberty. When the state is used to infringe upon our individual private property right liberty does not exist.

As far as WI goes:
(bm) Subsection (1m) (c) 2. and 4. does not apply to a law enforcement officer ... if the law enforcement officer, ... is in or on the grounds of a school, as defined in s. 948.61 (1) (b).

As far as KY goes: Have not found in the trespassing laws of KY any exemptions for LE. I did not search too vigorously.

OC for ME

Lost track of? This presupposes that I had a track on them in the first instance.;)

Essentially, in WI, a outta-stater or "usta-be" fuzz can have a gat if his current or former cop shop lets him have a gat. He can't be "in his cups" while he has is gat, Mexican style of course, while ignoring the no gat signs on private [open to the public] and gub'mint property. No burp gats, no "destructive devices that ain't a gat," or silenced gats. Finally, the a fore mentioned fuzz has to have is LEOSA get outta jail card.

ATM

Campaign Veteran
...Get rid of the civil rights "protected categories" and treat everyone equally...

Individuals are naturally free to discriminate against anyone for any or no reason. All legislation to the contrary is illegitimate and should be repealed.

The State has no business protecting, regulating or coercing private interactions and associations.

utbagpiper

Banned
Individuals are naturally free to discriminate against anyone for any or no reason. All legislation to the contrary is illegitimate and should be repealed.

I would not actively oppose your efforts to get all such laws repealed. But I don't think you're likely to have much success.

And so long as they do exist, I believe firearm owners/carriers should enjoy the same level of protection of obtaining basic goods and services in the commercial sphere as do two men holding hands, a woman wearing a burka, a man wearing a yarmulke, or some gal with unshaved arm pits sporting a rainbow tank top.

Equal application of laws--including laws that some might consider unjust--is one of the sure ways to get unjust laws repealed. Selective application allows one group to infringe on another without personal cost.

Charles