Thread: FAA: Drone over Obama in South Florida had Secret Service on alert

FAA: Drone over Obama in South Florida had Secret Service on alert

"The U.S. Secret Service called the FAA to report that the U.S. Coast Guard had spotted a drone flying “in the vicinity of POTUS,” the President of the United States. A Coast Guard spokesman in Miami said he had no information on the incident. The Palm Beach Post has filed a Freedom Of Information Act request for records on the incident. The Secret Service did not return a phone call seeking comment."

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/news/ne...secret-/nnQKN/

I imagine we'll see some action - executive action - now.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

California lawmakers approve drone trespassing crime bills

Monday, August 24, 2015 11:45PM

SACRAMENTO, Calif. -- California lawmakers advanced legislation Monday seeking to rein in the use of privacy-invading drones, passing one bill to prevent the use of drones by paparazzi and another making it a trespassing violation to fly drones over private property without permission.

http://abc7.com/politics/california-...-bills/955909/
    Uhoh...the much maligned drone hobbyists are not gunna like this. That anti-drone ammo may be a good investment after all.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

Quote Originally Posted by OC for ME View Post
    Uhoh...the much maligned drone hobbyists are not gunna like this. That anti-drone ammo may be a good investment after all.
    Lots of buzz but no introduced bill number - http://www.leginfo.ca.gov/cgi-bin/postquery

In the state Senate, lawmakers voted 40-0 to approve AB856 by Assemblyman Ian Calderon, D-Whittier, classifying drone use to take pictures or video on private property as an invasion of privacy.
    Meanwhile, the Assembly voted 43-11 on AB856 by Sen. Hannah-Beth Jackson, D-Santa Barbara, which would create a trespass crime for operating a drone less than 350 feet above ground over private property without consent.
    Both [] bills return to their house of origin for another vote. It seems the local media drones have a error in reporting.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

Quote Originally Posted by OC for ME View Post
    Both [] bills return to their house of origin for another vote. It seems the local media drones have a error in reporting.
    https://leginfo.legislature.ca.gov/f...201520160AB856

Thanks. I searched for drone and un piloted.

I googled anti-liberty and California was at the top of the page.