• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Some DPD Officers Say Unfair Discipline, Stress Partly Behind Slower Response

OC for ME

Dallas Police Chief Brown told city council members Monday that new training requirements are responsible for the slower response to priority one calls – now at eight minutes and 13 seconds – the highest in at least three years.

Priority two calls take more than 22 minutes despite a city goal of 12 minutes.

http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2015/08/24/...cipline-stress-partly-behind-slower-response/
The need to be lawfully armed is imparative. It is hoped that OC in TX will have some level of a negative impact on the criminal element.

Good luck Texas.

WalkingWolf

What does 10, or 20 minutes make when the problem is NOW. Mehhhhh, sooner people stop counting on other people the sooner they will be more secure.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
No matter when LEOs get there. They are not mighty mice called to save the day. After the fact, they will bring yellow tape, chalk, and camera......then try to solve.

You want protection? Then you must provide it for yourself!

Last edited:

davidmcbeth

Banned
Last edited:

OC for ME

When the political masters finally realize that their political future is directly tied to the performance of their armed minion the master reigns in the minion. Cops do have a tough job, as does everyone, when your boss starts scrutinizing your performance and initiates a cost/benefit analysis.