• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Bat's New Toy ~ 1987 Sig Sauer P226

Batousaii

Went in to Boerner's Gun shop between Port Orchard and Bremerton a few days ago and found this little gem. Just picked it up today.
:banana:​

~ It is a 1987 (JH code) W.German Sig Sauer P226 in 9mm. Came with two original mags, original yellow box, manual and test fire page. It has a little bit of external wear, but the rails are still nice and black with just a peek of gold in a couple typical areas. All of the usual wear areas are nice and sharp, with a little patina from some holster usage common with this era gun. It's a really nice piece that will get some sunny day carry and usage, a little range time, and some safe time when the liquid sunshine starts. I usually carry a revolver, but I've wanted one of these since my days of watching the X-Files, and I'm happy to have acquired an actual 80's West German one. It'll get some OC time once I acquire a good holster for it.
1987 Sig P226.jpg

Last edited:

HPmatt

How heavy is it? In #, not kg...
Anti-plastic gun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Batousaii

How heavy is it? In #, not kg...
Anti-plastic gun.

It's not bad, has an Aluminum frame, and though it's a bit chunkier than my 1911, it's actually a bit lighter.
The new ones are just a pinch heavier from the forged slides, mine is the old-school rolled slide.

Via: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sig_Sauer_P226
Specifications
Weight964 g (34.0 oz) (w/ magazine)[SUP][1][/SUP]
Length196 mm (7.7 in)[SUP][2][/SUP]
Barrel length112 mm (4.4 in)[SUP][2][/SUP]
Width38.1 mm (1.50 in)[SUP][1][/SUP]
Height140 mm (5.5 in)[SUP][1][/SUP]