Thread: Police tackling new gun trend nationwide.

Police tackling new gun trend nationwide.

"In what’s been a violent year in St. Louis, a common theme has emerged: The gun used in any given crime was probably stolen.
    [ ... ]
    “When they go to a baseball game or an event at the convention center … they can’t take their weapons in with them and they leave them in cars,” Dotson said. “Criminals know there are guns in cars and they break into cars.”
    [ ... ]
    "In San Francisco, the gun used to kill Kathryn Steinle, who was fatally shot in July as she walked with her father along a scenic pier, was stolen. Chicago has already seized nearly 4,700 guns - nearly all of them stolen - this year. Police spokesman Anthony Guglielmi said that’s seven times more guns seized than New York City, and three times the number in Los Angeles.
    [ ... ]
    “It’s a big issue,” Jacksonville Sheriff’s Office spokeswoman Melissa Bujeda said. “Criminals are just going car-hopping, looking for unlocked doors and people who are leaving their guns in their cars.”
    [ ... ]
    “I think the message is that lawful people who want to have a gun, be smart about it,” Dotson said. “Don’t leave it unsecured in cars.”

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...y-used-in-vio/

The smartest and safest place to have your gun is on your hip, uncovered or covered if necessary/required. The solution to the problem of stolen car-guns should be obvious, enable smart carry, and do not force LAC to risk theft.
    Last edited by Nightmare; 08-25-2015 at 06:54 PM.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post
    "In what’s been a violent year in St. Louis, a common theme has emerged: The gun used in any given crime was probably stolen.
    [ ... ]
    “When they go to a baseball game or an event at the convention center … they can’t take their weapons in with them and they leave them in cars,” Dotson said. “Criminals know there are guns in cars and they break into cars.”
    ..what was not "reported" is that Chief Dotsons' solution to the problem of guns [pistols] left in cars is to make unlawful the possession of a pistol outside of the home. See, problem solved, criminals will not have any guns.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

Imagine that, criminals breaking the law to get guns. It is amazing they did not think of stealing sooner.

It is also amazing how many morons we have in government.
    It is well that war is so terrible – otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    Imagine that, criminals breaking the law to get guns. It is amazing they did not think of stealing sooner.

It is also amazing how many morons we have in government.
    How about this.

"The trouble with our Liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so." - Ronald Reagan
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

Accomplished Advocate color of law's Avatar
    God forbid our overlords allow us peasants to carry guns for protection.

Quote Originally Posted by OC for ME View Post
    ..what was not "reported" is that Chief Dotsons' solution to the problem of guns [pistols] left in cars is to make unlawful the possession of a pistol outside of the home. See, problem solved, criminals will not have any guns.
    problem with this is RSMO570 as amended by SB656, he CAN'T do that without going against pre-emptive state law. so frankly, he can stuff his liberal crap flapper. nothing he does to make a law will be enforceable.

Banned
    I can make a 1911 in my basement ... or almost any other gun ... I have a Dremel !

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    I can make a 1911 in my basement ... or almost any other gun ... I have a Dremel !
    Tool!
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.