Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: "Uhh, we're not sure what happened here." Gunshots Ring Out During Live News Broadcas

"Uhh, we're not sure what happened here." Gunshots Ring Out During Live News Broadcas

VIDEO http://www.realradio.fm/onair/the-ne...news-13889462/

WDBJ7 crew involved in shooting on live TV

A crew from WDBJ7, the CBS affiliate in Roanoke, was reporting live around 6:45 a.m. at Bridgewater Plaza near Smith Mountain Lake. On the video you can hear seven shots fired and the photographer's camera appears to fall to the ground while the reporter, Alison Parker, screams.
    http://www.nbc12.com/story/29882220/...ion-in-roanoke
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar
    Dog hunters

This is very bad. Reporting two killed now. This has reached a new level of sick depravity, shooting people on live TV.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/08/26...w-in-virginia/

TFred

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar

Smith Mountain Lake Shooting

Two WDBJ journalists dead after shooting at Smith Mountain Lake; manhunt continues

"Two WDBJ-TV (Channel 7) journalists are dead and a third person injured after shots were fired at Smith Mountain Lake this morning."

"Franklin County Sheriff's Office deputies are searching for a suspect after multiple shots were fired at Bridgewater Plaza next to the Hales Ford Bridge, according to a sheriff's office spokesman."

"Part of the incident was caught on video during WDBJ's morning broadcast. The station was interviewing Vicki Gardner, head of the Smith Mountain Lake Regional Chamber of Commerce."

"WDBJ President and General Manager Jeff Marks announced in a live broadcast at 8:45 a.m. that reporter Alison Parker, 24, and photographer Adam Ward, 27, had died."

http://m.roanoke.com/news/crime/bedf....html?mode=jqm
    Last edited by Grapeshot; 08-26-2015 at 09:55 AM.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

No doubt people will be quick to blame the gun instead of the sick ba$tard that perpetrated this violent act. This is crazy. Why? What's the point? So sick.
    Sic semper evello mortem tyrannis.

μολὼν λαβέ

Quote Originally Posted by stealthyeliminator
    So in actuality you have no evidence that anything wrong took place, you only believe that it could be spun to appear wrong. But it hasn't been. The truth has a funny way of coming out with persistence, even if it was spun negatively the truth would find its way because these people will not accept less.
    Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    The truth causes some people so much pain they can only respond with impotent laughable insults. Life must be rough for those people.

There will be knee jerk, dancing in the blood I fear. Some just cannot waste a tragedy.

Me? I'm waiting for a lot more details.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Borderline unbelievable, like a bad snuff film. My heart is heavy for the victims.

μολὼν λαβέ

So in actuality you have no evidence that anything wrong took place, you only believe that it could be spun to appear wrong. But it hasn't been. The truth has a funny way of coming out with persistence, even if it was spun negatively the truth would find its way because these people will not accept less.
    The truth causes some people so much pain they can only respond with impotent laughable insults. Life must be rough for those people.

Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    There will be knee jerk, dancing in the blood I fear. Some just cannot waste a tragedy.

Me? I'm waiting for a lot more details.
    See: my reply to Nightmare's thread. I agree with you, no doubt people will blame the gun.

μολὼν λαβέ

Quote Originally Posted by The Truth View Post
    See: my reply to Nightmare's thread. I agree with you, no doubt people will blame the gun.
    Threads merged.

No motive yet known, but motive for NYPD to "beef up security at media outlets." Really, NYPD? Loosen your chinstraps guys. http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2015/08/...aman-shooting/
    Last edited by Nightmare; 08-26-2015 at 10:06 AM.

Pictures of victims AND live footage of the beginning of the attack. Warning not for the sensitive.

http://gawker.com/gunman-fires-shots...-re-1726593659

McAuliffe appeared on a previously scheduled episode of "Ask the Governor" on WTOP News out of DC.

He stated that they believe the murderer is a disgruntled former employee of the news station.

And of course, he immediately began his rant on the need for more gun laws.

TFred

Schools locked down, business meetings cancealed, officers guarding other TV stations.

See new info at end of this article:

http://m.roanoke.com/news/crime/bedford_county/two-wdbj-journalists-dead-after-shooting-at-smith-mountain-lake/article_67c09161-0109-5228-a554-0d14ffc56d51.html?mode=jqm

Yep - another law would have prevented this....... (extreme sarcasm)

Pictures of victims AND live footage of the beginning of the attack. Warning not for the sensitive.

http://gawker.com/gunman-fires-shots...-re-1726593659
    Comments on that article are disgusting.

μολὼν λαβέ

Quote Originally Posted by The Truth View Post
    Comments on that article are disgusting.
    Reminder...the gawker follower demographic is not as liberty centric as we would like to think.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

Sorry for double post, sick of editing.

POV video uploaded to Twitter (incomplete) - https://twitter.com/SheNeededMusic/s...61011433193472

Suspect's name appears to also be reported as "Vester L. Flanagan."
    Last edited by The Truth; 08-26-2015 at 11:46 AM.

μολὼν λαβέ

CNN reporting that the suspect has shot himself.

https://twitter.com/CNNSitRoom

TFred

If so it is very decent of him.

Brace yourselves - the shooter video his actions !!!

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=225_1440602498

This story is exploding.

Apparently was confronted by Law Enforcement on I-66, long way from Roanoke. Unsure if he has died. CNN reports a 23 page manifesto was faxed to ABC News. Suspect was tweeting live during his escape, and had apparently posted a POV video of the shooting.

And all the gun nuts are calling for more gun control.

TFred

ETA: I left out a phrase: After being confronted, the suspect shot himself. Reports are that he is still alive, but in critical condition.
    Last edited by TFred; 08-26-2015 at 12:33 PM.

So is his name Lester Flanaghan, Vester Flanagan, or Bryce Williams?

The POV video is pretty disturbing. The guy even waited until the live camera was on her to do it.

μολὼν λαβέ

Brace yourselves - the shooter video his actions !!!

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=225_1440602498
    Linky no worky...not your fault.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

Quote Originally Posted by OC for ME View Post
    Linky no worky...not your fault.
    Try this one, it works for me:
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=7fGbUzUJ33M&feature=youtu.be

Probably wont be there for long though.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast