• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Now I want a drone .... cops are getting them armed now

stealthyeliminator

I haven't looked in any links, but the whole idea just sounds really stupid. Tasers generally aren't that great to begin with, but to try and use one effective from a drone platform? I think someone just wants cool toys; efficiency, justification, effectiveness be damned.

Last edited:

twoskinsonemanns

I haven't looked in any links, but the whole idea just sounds really stupid. Tasers generally aren't that great to begin with, but to try and use one effective from a drone platform? I think someone just wants cool toys, efficiency, justification, effectiveness be damned.

Exactly. There's absolutely no downside to getting them. When you have sheep begging to be fleeced, take all the wool you can.

Maverick9

The law/amendment/change was from no weapons to 'non-lethal'. The examples (spray, rubber bullets, taser) is just a sheep over wolves' clothing.

"oh we added a lethal option to the 'rubber bullet' module just in case. So sue me, we used it to save a/the children from that (person/thing)."

It's a slippery slope from the non-lethal to the sometimes lethal.

Are they protecting the drone or are they using the drone to drop ordinance (\"near-death from above": our motto/)

Sheesh.

stealthyeliminator

Non-lethal is a misnomer, practically all less lethal weapons have caused serious bodily harm and death in cases.

Last edited: