• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Donald Trump

sudden valley gunner

Trump and Sanders perfect examples of political leaders. Twiddle dee and twiddle dumb.

At least they don't hide behind a veneer like the other candidates do.

MSG Laigaie

Campaign Veteran
I can see why Trump is successful. He is not a politician. People are tired of politicians and Trump has not been filtered and molded by the "beltway". Trump admits why he gives a great deal of money to politicians on BOTH sides of Congress. Because he is buying them. None have denied it. Trump knows how they work.

He does not put up with cr@p because he has noooo PC. I find that refreshing. Donald Trump/Clint Eastwood, now what a ticket. With Chuck Norris as SecDev.

stealthyeliminator

I can see why Trump is successful. He is not a politician. People are tired of politicians and Trump has not been filtered and molded by the "beltway". ...

People keep saying that but don't seem to realize that people like Trump have consistently used and abused political power predatorily for personal gain. The fact that he isn't a "career politician" isn't, or shouldn't be, an automatic advantage when he engages in despicable, immoral practices that are the same, similar, or even worse than the career politicians.

davidmcbeth

Banned
I saw fatso commie Christie on TV (wide screen of course) claiming to solve ILLEGAL immigrant issue by tagging legal visa visitors and keeping track of them.

utbagpiper

Banned
I'm pretty sure Trump is lying to me. But I figure the rest are as well. And at least Trump is telling me some lies I want to hear. :) And that is shifting the terms of the debate.

A few weeks ago everyone on the GOP side who could get any airtime (Bush, Christie, Rubio) seemed to be seeing how close to amnesty they could get without it actually being amnesty. In the last week, they and the media have had to talk about enforcement of our laws.

Yes, Carson and Cruz might say the same thing, but they are easy for the media to ignore.

Fiorina might be fine, but I personally can't get past the fact she killed off my beloved HP engineering calculators. That is emotional and stupid of me, but it is what it is at this point.

I'm tired of the NYC/DC media setting the terms of the debate. They are so out of touch with the grassroots GOP they don't even know the are out of touch.

At this point I'd like to see Cruz or Carson at the top of the ticket with Trump as the attack-dog VP.

It is early, a lot will change. But it seems Bush is losing donors. Just keeping Bush out of the White House would be a great service if that is all Trump accomplished.

Charles