• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

State Emisson Stations

jsanchez

I took my first vehicle to the emission station by my house. Sean helped me, had me get out of the vehicle and sit in the chair, like everyone else. He saw my open carry chest pack and asked me questions about it and open carry law in cars.

Came back 20 minutes later, got manager Eric this time, he asks me if that's a firearm twice, I tell him twice yes. He tells me to slide over into the passenger seat. I tell him, " I was here 10 minutes ago and your telling me I can't sit in the chair out there like everyone else. He relents because I was aready getting out of the car. I sit in the chair and I see Sean and he says hi, and I said hey whats up with you buddy here he seems a little anti gun. Eric says, "The state frowns apon firearms on there property. I say, " State law says I can be here. He relents. At this point I wanted to be a dick and get his number and make a stink but I thought no one likes a dick so I played it mr. nice and friendly, got my pass paper work from him, said to him have a nice day and keep up the good work.

I'm 6' 4" in at 3 door hatchback clown car geo metro, there is no way in hell I can just slide over in the passenger seat, without winning America's got talent for a contortionist.

Attachments

• open carry chest rig.jpg
    open carry chest rig.jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 172
Last edited:

davidmcbeth

Banned
Should have told Sean "If you have a question for me, please write it down and provide your name, residential address, and DOB and I will forward it to my attorney for a response".

100% guaranteed to shut him up. I do this all the time.

And with cops who say "my badge # is my ID" is funny...courts have ruled that a badge # is not an ID as they are recycled all the time.

Last edited:

jsanchez

Should have told Sean "If you have a question for me, please write it down and provide your name, residential address, and DOB and I will forward it to my attorney for a response".

100% guaranteed to shut him up. I do this all the time.

And with cops who say "my badge # is my ID" is funny...courts have ruled that a badge # is not an ID as they are recycled all the time.

Sean was the good guy in all of this he seemed to be pro gun and genuinely wanted to know about the law.

Now Eric he was the anti gun guy 55 years old obese white guy.
All I hope is that next time he'll treat me like everybody else because we all are a little different but yet we are all the same when it comes to civil rights.

jsanchez

Interesting chest rig

Yeah I had one of those DeSantis Roadrunner packs but it couldn't hold a big FNP 45 tactical so I got a sewing machine and started sewing up my own this one is the second prototype.
I love it because it's really comfortable easy access when you're in the car and it keeps the gun dry in the rain and you're still open carrying.

Last edited:

golddigger14s

Activist Member
Sean was the good guy in all of this he seemed to be pro gun and genuinely wanted to know about the law.

Now Eric he was the anti gun guy 55 years old obese white guy.
All I hope is that next time he'll treat me like everybody else because we all are a little different but yet we are all the same when it comes to civil rights.

That's racist! I'm a 54 year old obese (fluffy) white guy!
BTW That chest rig looks even slower than CC.

jsanchez

Just curious but that rig seems a bit unusual, why did you go that route?

It's just so much easier to wear a gun. Your shoulders take up all the weight it's easier to run or cross country ski extremely easy access when you're sitting in a vehicle.
Having a holster on the hip was just so cumbersome. If I'm riding dirt bikes or river rafting I can throw it over my life vest or my ski jacket its just extremely versatile. Great question I hope I answered it good enough.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
It's just so much easier to wear a gun. Your shoulders take up all the weight it's easier to run or cross country ski extremely easy access when you're sitting in a vehicle.
Having a holster on the hip was just so cumbersome. If I'm riding dirt bikes or river rafting I can throw it over my life vest or my ski jacket its just extremely versatile. Great question I hope I answered it good enough.

Also solves the multi-thread question about what to do with the gun in a public restroom while on the throne. :)

Last edited:

jsanchez

That's racist! I'm a 54 year old obese (fluffy) white guy!
BTW That chest rig looks even slower than CC.

If you mean to draw from, you just pull the yellow tab in the upper corner diagonally and the gun comes out quick, but I don't know how fast other people are.

If you are fluffy, get walking and do some sit ups, your grand kids are depending on you to be there to educate them about anti gunners and other weak minded people!