Thread: WDBJ attack survivor suggests Flanagan was wearing some armor.

WDBJ attack survivor suggests Flanagan was wearing some armor.

"Vicki Gardner, the sole survivor of a tragic on-air shooting that left reporter Alison Parker and cameraman Adam Ward dead on Wednesday, gave the first eyewitness account of the incident Friday morning.
    [ ... ]
    According to Mrs. Gardner, the shooter was wearing a bulletproof vest.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/multi...eeflanaganjpg/

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...j-tv-shooting/
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

That's another felony charge he managed to duck.

stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by skidmark View Post
    That's another felony charge he managed to duck.

stay safe.
    Yes, I see.

But really, that woman has likely never handled a bullet proof vest nor examined anything that the shooter had in very much detail, with a bullet in her back and all.

Looks like she'll recover, that's nice.

Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    Yes, I see. But really, that woman has likely never handled a bullet proof vest nor examined anything that the shooter had in very much detail, with a bullet in her back and all. Looks like she'll recover, that's nice.
    What do you see, and where? That's why I included the image jpg, for the apron lookin' apparel that might be body armor...still not mentioned by media or cops.

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    The dear sweet lady was doing fine running away (2 missed shots), then she curled up in a ball presenting a static target. Not a good response to someone shooting at you.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    The dear sweet lady was doing fine running away (2 missed shots), then she curled up in a ball presenting a static target. Not a good response to someone shooting at you.
    sounds to me like people should take charge in some active shooter evasion training.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezek View Post
    sounds to me like people should take charge in some active shooter evasion training.
    LOL Have you?

Such is very low on my list of priorities, waay below EMT (Eighties), Radiological controls, competition driving, et cetera. And that's training, not even education.

More range time is good active shooter training.
    Last edited by Firearms Iinstuctor; 08-31-2015 at 11:31 AM.
    Personal Defensive Solutions professional personal firearms, edge weapons and hands on defensive training and tactics pdsolutions@hotmail.com

Any and all spelling errors are just to give the spelling Nazis something to do

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post
    LOL Have you?

Such is very low on my list of priorities, waay below EMT (Eighties), Radiological controls, competition driving, et cetera. And that's training, not even education.
    ever play paintball?

or laser tag?

i'd personally go with the paintball, you KNOW when you messed up, cause it freakin HURTS

ever play paintball?

or laser tag?

i'd personally go with the paintball, you KNOW when you messed up, cause it freakin HURTS
    enhance your paintball experience and put and use miscellaneous pepper balls in everyone's guns, one or two, maybe three...now that makes not wanting to get struck paramount and definitely signals when you are finished playing for the day...

i mean if you want excitement on the field...

ipse
    I'm only human; I do what I can; I'm just a man; I do what I can; Don't put the blame on me; Don't put your blame on me ~ Rag'n'Bone Man.

Please do not get confused between my personality & my attitude. My personality is who I am ~ my attitude depends on who you are and how you act.

Remember always, do not judge someone because they sin differently than you do!

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

ever play paintball? or laser tag? i'd personally go with the paintball, you KNOW when you messed up, cause it freakin HURTS
    Play? What is play to a senior adult?

For now I consider my play as my 25 mile 'bike' (recumbent tricycle HPV) rides, drinking perhaps too much, cards with friends, heavy reading. I'll be 67 in a few days. I'm 6'2", weigh 230#, 45 RHR, 100/60 BP Ride 100 miles at the drop of a hat.

I just finished my Monday chores, that you may consider play. White laundry, folded and put away. 1000 sq.ft. vacuumed/scrubbed linoleum. Washed the car (immaculate new CPO 2012 BMW X5) and, most importantly (to prevent water spots), towel and blow dried it. Washed the mag wheels. Wiped the inside painted surfaces. Next lunch. Nap. Read. Dinner. Stream a movie.

Rinse, repeat. (Except my 10 y.o. floor scrubber packed it in, $200) I took my holstered SA1911A1 off while working on the car to prevent scratches.

Tomorrow I'll ride if the weather is nice - probably. Wednesday, mow, whack, scythe, spray and weed. Thursday launder the linens and hopefully line dry them. Friday, bike ride.

Tired is the root word of retired.
    Last edited by Nightmare; 08-31-2015 at 12:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post
    Play? What is play to a senior adult?

For now I consider my play as my 25 mile 'bike' (recumbent tricycle HPV) rides, drinking perhaps too much, cards with friends, heavy reading. I'll be 67 in a few days. I'm 6'2", weigh 230#, 45 RHR, 100/60 BP Ride 100 miles at the drop of a hat.

I just finished my Monday chores, that you may consider play. White laundry, folded and put away. 1000 sq.ft. vacuumed/scrubbed linoleum. Washed the car (immaculate new CPO 2012 BMW X5) and, most importantly (to prevent water spots), towel and blow dried it. Washed the mag wheels. Wiped the inside painted surfaces. Next lunch. Nap. Read. Dinner. Stream a movie.

Rinse, repeat. (Except my 10 y.o. floor scrubber packed it in, $200) I took my holstered SA1911A1 off while working on the car to prevent scratches.

Tomorrow I'll ride if the weather is nice - probably. Wednesday, mow, whack, scythe, spray and weed. Thursday launder the linens and hopefully line dry them. Friday, bike ride.

Tired is the root word of retired.
    sorry if I laugh out loud but your post made me cause of some satirical humor in it IMO..

I guess being in the 30's has it's advantages, although my day consists of fixing everyone elses car problems so washign the car is not likely cause I hate them by the end of the day. although after 11 hours without any form of climate controlled environment, I go home and I check on some fruit plants I have, do some chores, make dinner for the wife and kids, stream a movie, then go to bed.

rinse, and repeat. until day off. then some days off I TRY to get the wife to go play laser tag with our little one, or get a family member to watch little one, and play paintball, usually without success..

waiting for the little one to get big enough for paintball, but laser tag is good enough for right now for her.

Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    I'm glad to see someone finally give an accurate assessment. The conspiracy theorists are already claiming "false flag!" their reasoning exhibiting pure ignorance and delusions of Hollywood violence. I find it hard to believe people such as those are even real.
    Sic semper evello mortem tyrannis.

μολὼν λαβέ

Quote Originally Posted by stealthyeliminator
    So in actuality you have no evidence that anything wrong took place, you only believe that it could be spun to appear wrong. But it hasn't been. The truth has a funny way of coming out with persistence, even if it was spun negatively the truth would find its way because these people will not accept less.
    Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    The truth causes some people so much pain they can only respond with impotent laughable insults. Life must be rough for those people.