Thread: Milwaukee County Sheriff Challenges Obama: 'Forego Your Secret Service Protection'

Milwaukee County Sheriff Challenges Obama: 'Forego Your Secret Service Protection'

"I am done asking people in my community to outsource their personal safety to the government," Milwaukee County Sheriff David Clarke told Fox News's Sean Hannity Thursday night.

The sheriff accuses Democrats of "exploiting misery and tragedy" to pursue a political, anti-gun agenda.

"But here's my challenge to the president of the United States, you think this is so easy. Forego your Secret Service protection, for you, for the first lady, and your children, and see what it is like to have to fend yourself.

"And then we'll sit down and have a conversation so you know what we here at ground level have to deal with on a daily base in terms of self-defense."
    [ ... ]
    http://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/...secret-service

All of the gun-grabbers must first disarm their protective services. Walk a mile in our shoes.

Clarke: ‘Shame on the Left’ For ‘Exploiting’ WDBJ Shooting ‘To Pursue a Political Agenda’
    He continued that the Constitution should not be used in a “knee-jerk” fashion, and is not designed to protect from horrific acts, but is rather designed to “freedom and liberty.”

Clarke then argued that the real solution to crime is to arrest criminals, try them, and then give them the harshest sentence allowed by law. He then criticized President Obama’s pardons of federal prisoners.

http://www.breitbart.com/video/2015/...itical-agenda/
    Last edited by Nightmare; 08-28-2015 at 01:03 PM.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

He apparently can't see the security requirement differences between your average joe blow and the CIC of the USA. Isn't he supposed to be in the citizen protection business, or is he just supposed to arrest people?

Quote Originally Posted by beebobby View Post
    He apparently can't see the security requirement differences between your average joe blow and the CIC of the USA. Isn't he supposed to be in the citizen protection business, or is he just supposed to arrest people?
    Five (5) different SCOTUS decisions emphatically say the po-po are not required or obligated or beholden or even tasked with protecting any specific individual. And that it extends all the way to not being required to respond to your urgent pleas for attention/safety/security/protection. Nor is it their job to prevent crime.

It comes down to the po-po investigating a crime that has already been committed to determine who done it so that they can then go out and arrest them so that the rest of the judicial process can decide what to do about/with/to the perp. There is some ambiguity about if they are required to stop a crime being committed in their presence. The trend is towards saying they should do that.

OTOH, the Secret Service's Presidential Protection Detail's job is to do stuff both proactively and reactively to protect POTUS from harm.

Except that I do not have the budget and manpower resources of the PPD my decision to assume responsibility for my self defense makes our jobs the same. (Well, except I don't have the ability/authority to arrest someone who is plotting/threatening to kill me. Wish I did so I would not need to spend so much time & energy checking on whether or not folks who made death threats towards me have gotten out of prison yet.) You too, except that you might be blessed with the lack of death threats.

stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

Banned
    And his handgun is where? OK Andy ....

Quote Originally Posted by beebobby View Post
    The point he was making is that it's easy for those who wish to impose restrictions on the 2nd amendment for us, when they have armed guards whose sole mission is to protect them.

And he's 100% right.

Quote Originally Posted by Dario View Post
    The point he was making is that it's easy for those who wish to impose restrictions on the 2nd amendment for us, when they have armed guards whose sole mission is to protect them.

And he's 100% right.
    Darn right!! I would say the same thing to that communist, POS bloomberg, in fact I would LOVE to be his security guard. We are not just "Joe Blow" citizens, we are human beings who deserve to be treated no different than those who supposedly serve US. The Gov is made up of over educated, over paid dumb sh&*Ts that couldnt tie their own shoes unless they had one of their so-called servants do it for them, so I applaud the Sheriff for coming out and keeping it real.

Fox News VIDEO interview 8/29 Sheriff David Clarke

I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

nawllll....i want my five minutes and 16 seconds of life back...

ipse
    I'm only human; I do what I can; I'm just a man; I do what I can; Don't put the blame on me; Don't put your blame on me ~ Rag'n'Bone Man.

Please do not get confused between my personality & my attitude. My personality is who I am ~ my attitude depends on who you are and how you act.

Remember always, do not judge someone because they sin differently than you do!

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Mr Bloomberg in NYC is another that should drop all of his personal protection NYC police and just have the respond like the rest of us.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by 34cyclone View Post
    Mr Bloomberg in NYC is another that should drop all of his personal protection NYC police and just have the respond like the rest of us.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
    as mentioned numerous times...there is no requirement for the nice LEs to respond to any citizen's call for assistance...

i presume most do cuz they're bored, but even with qualified immunity they still are under no mandate to respond.

apparently one possible reason the courts have decided the nice LEs should not respond is:
    they get the wrong house, open a back door and go inside w/o RAS, shoot and kill the dog on site, shoot the property owner who hears the dog keying to intrusion, and in the melee, shoot one of their own nice LEs, critically injuring them. then immediately put out bulletins saying the owner was armed and they had to defend themselves.

actually it appears the court's rational is quite sound

ipse
    Last edited by solus; 09-02-2015 at 01:38 PM.
    I'm only human; I do what I can; I'm just a man; I do what I can; Don't put the blame on me; Don't put your blame on me ~ Rag'n'Bone Man.

Please do not get confused between my personality & my attitude. My personality is who I am ~ my attitude depends on who you are and how you act.

Remember always, do not judge someone because they sin differently than you do!

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain