Results 1 to 15 of 15

Thread: Doing outreach by doing fair booths

  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Kahlotus, WA
    Posts
    263

    Doing outreach by doing fair booths

    Has anyone ever thought of doing a booth at the fair?

    I know from previous experience that doing a booth at the fair helps in getting the word out about organizations & their causes. Perhaps do a joint booth with the 2nd Amendment Foundation or the USCCA?

  2. #2
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Long gone
    Posts
    2,575
    Quote Originally Posted by mnrobitaille View Post
    Has anyone ever thought of doing a booth at the fair?

    I know from previous experience that doing a booth at the fair helps in getting the word out about organizations & their causes. Perhaps do a joint booth with the 2nd Amendment Foundation or the USCCA?
    Yes, We used to do a table in Spokane at the gun shows and I know they did tables on the wet side as well.

    If you want to try to get some things going like this I will help you, I am very happy to someone is wanting to do something besides complain.
    Last edited by Jeff Hayes; 08-28-2015 at 06:52 PM.
    Throw me to the wolves and I will come back leading the pack.

  3. #3
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Kahlotus, WA
    Posts
    263
    I see that there are a few coming up in the Tri-Cities that are operated by Sports Connection. The 1st one is at the TRAC in Pasco on September 19 & 20. On October 24 & 25 @ the Shilo Inn in Richland.

    The only thing I am unsure about is that apparently there's a $60 Exhibitor fee for each show, so $120 to do both.

    The other thing is having a banner & materials to hand out.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Hayes View Post
    Yes, We used to do a table in Spokane at the gun shows and I know they did tables on the wet side as well.

    If you want to try to get some things going like this I will help you, I am very happy to someone is wanting to do something besides complain.

  4. #4
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Long gone
    Posts
    2,575
    Quote Originally Posted by mnrobitaille View Post
    I see that there are a few coming up in the Tri-Cities that are operated by Sports Connection. The 1st one is at the TRAC in Pasco on September 19 & 20. On October 24 & 25 @ the Shilo Inn in Richland.

    The only thing I am unsure about is that apparently there's a $60 Exhibitor fee for each show, so $120 to do both.

    The other thing is having a banner & materials to hand out.
    Yep someone has to pay the booth fee, in the past myself, Fetch and DWordinger have paid for the tables at the gun shows and BobR and I have paid for the covered picnic areas. Others have contributed cash but the bulk of it always falls on a a few people. The OC Picnics had a lot more help with expenses.

    I would do a OC coffee, breakfast or lunch meet up first to see if you can get some people interested in helping you with expenses and manning a booth. I will be sending you some trifold pamphlets early next week that will solve some of materials to hand out problem.
    Throw me to the wolves and I will come back leading the pack.

  5. #5
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    West Plains, ,
    Posts
    388
    I would do a OC coffee, breakfast or lunch meet up first
    Speaking of that, it has been quite a while since we graced the Donut Parade with our presence. We should start thinking of another but I don't see a lot of participation on here from the Spokane contingent anymore. On another note, I am sure I will be talking to people next week at Pig Out In the Park.

    bob

  6. #6
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Long gone
    Posts
    2,575
    Quote Originally Posted by BobR View Post
    Speaking of that, it has been quite a while since we graced the Donut Parade with our presence. We should start thinking of another but I don't see a lot of participation on here from the Spokane contingent anymore. On another note, I am sure I will be talking to people next week at Pig Out In the Park.

    bob
    Well heck lets do one, I have a commitment one Saturday morning in Sept I just do not know which one so pick one that works for you.
    Throw me to the wolves and I will come back leading the pack.

  7. #7
    Campaign Veteran MSG Laigaie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Philipsburg, Montana
    Posts
    3,137
    Quote Originally Posted by mnrobitaille View Post
    Has anyone ever thought of doing a booth at the fair?
    Yeppers. Washington Open Carry Whatcom County was going to the Falcon gunshows. We got a discount for being a 2A support group. We have been doing the Pride fest in B'ham each year and we stick a table into any venue we can find.

    Our next event, and you can ALL join in, will be at the 34th Annual Oyster Run. Always a lot of exposure.

    Yes, funding is scarce and it is almost always out of just a few pockets. But we will endeavor to persevere.
    "Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the people's liberty teeth (and) keystone... the rifle and the pistol are equally indispensable... more than 99% of them by their silence indicate that they are in safe and sane hands. The very atmosphere of firearms everywhere restrains evil interference .When firearms go, all goes, we need them every hour." -- George Washington

  8. #8
    Regular Member skeith5's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    357
    I'd help out with both fees if necessary. I'd be down for a meet up somewhere too, I don't OC much because of my job but that would be a good excuse to.

    Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk
    Too lazy to do a blog! Follow me on Twitter instead! @6ShotScott

  9. #9
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    West Plains, ,
    Posts
    388
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Hayes View Post
    Well heck lets do one, I have a commitment one Saturday morning in Sept I just do not know which one so pick one that works for you.
    I think the 19th would work well.

    bob

    edit to change to the 19th, have a previous appt on 9/12.
    Last edited by BobR; 08-29-2015 at 11:47 PM.

  10. #10
    Regular Member Boomboy007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Bellingham, WA, USA
    Posts
    140
    Yeah, MSG Laigaie spearheads our public education outreach here in Whatcom County, and bears the brunt of work, time, and costs. (note to self: I forgot to chip in for the table at Pride. Rectify, and also pick up the camping chairs I keep forgetting in his car every time we have an event.)

    [emoji12]
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." Thomas Jefferson

  11. #11
    Regular Member Freedom1Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Greater Eastside Washington
    Posts
    4,690
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomboy007 View Post
    Yeah, MSG Laigaie spearheads our public education outreach here in Whatcom County, and bears the brunt of work, time, and costs. (note to self: I forgot to chip in for the table at Pride. Rectify, and also pick up the camping chairs I keep forgetting in his car every time we have an event.)

    [emoji12]
    I thought that you had donated those chairs to the cause.

    Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk
    Provision for free medical attendance and nursing, for clothing, for food, for housing, for the education of children, and a hundred other matters, might with equal propriety be proposed as tending to relieve the employee of mental strain and worry. --- These matters obviously lie outside the orbit of congressional power. (Railroad Retirement Board v Alton Railroad)

  12. #12
    Campaign Veteran MSG Laigaie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Philipsburg, Montana
    Posts
    3,137
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomboy007 View Post
    the camping chairs I keep forgetting in his car every time we have an event.)
    No one is surprised that I still have them.
    "Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the people's liberty teeth (and) keystone... the rifle and the pistol are equally indispensable... more than 99% of them by their silence indicate that they are in safe and sane hands. The very atmosphere of firearms everywhere restrains evil interference .When firearms go, all goes, we need them every hour." -- George Washington

  13. #13
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Long gone
    Posts
    2,575
    Quote Originally Posted by BobR View Post
    I think the 19th would work well.

    bob

    edit to change to the 19th, have a previous appt on 9/12.
    The 19th works for me.
    Throw me to the wolves and I will come back leading the pack.

  14. #14
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    West Plains, ,
    Posts
    388
    I will post something up in the events section in a day or so.

    bob

  15. #15
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Long gone
    Posts
    2,575
    Quote Originally Posted by BobR View Post
    I will post something up in the events section in a day or so.

    bob
    Perfect
    Throw me to the wolves and I will come back leading the pack.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •