• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Doing outreach by doing fair booths

mnrobitaille

Has anyone ever thought of doing a booth at the fair?

I know from previous experience that doing a booth at the fair helps in getting the word out about organizations & their causes. Perhaps do a joint booth with the 2nd Amendment Foundation or the USCCA?

Jeff Hayes

I know from previous experience that doing a booth at the fair helps in getting the word out about organizations & their causes. Perhaps do a joint booth with the 2nd Amendment Foundation or the USCCA?

Yes, We used to do a table in Spokane at the gun shows and I know they did tables on the wet side as well.

If you want to try to get some things going like this I will help you, I am very happy to someone is wanting to do something besides complain.

Last edited:

mnrobitaille

I see that there are a few coming up in the Tri-Cities that are operated by Sports Connection. The 1st one is at the TRAC in Pasco on September 19 & 20. On October 24 & 25 @ the Shilo Inn in Richland.

The only thing I am unsure about is that apparently there's a $60 Exhibitor fee for each show, so $120 to do both.

The other thing is having a banner & materials to hand out.

Yes, We used to do a table in Spokane at the gun shows and I know they did tables on the wet side as well.

If you want to try to get some things going like this I will help you, I am very happy to someone is wanting to do something besides complain.

Jeff Hayes

I see that there are a few coming up in the Tri-Cities that are operated by Sports Connection. The 1st one is at the TRAC in Pasco on September 19 & 20. On October 24 & 25 @ the Shilo Inn in Richland.

The only thing I am unsure about is that apparently there's a $60 Exhibitor fee for each show, so $120 to do both.

The other thing is having a banner & materials to hand out.

Yep someone has to pay the booth fee, in the past myself, Fetch and DWordinger have paid for the tables at the gun shows and BobR and I have paid for the covered picnic areas. Others have contributed cash but the bulk of it always falls on a a few people. The OC Picnics had a lot more help with expenses.

I would do a OC coffee, breakfast or lunch meet up first to see if you can get some people interested in helping you with expenses and manning a booth. I will be sending you some trifold pamphlets early next week that will solve some of materials to hand out problem.

BobR

I would do a OC coffee, breakfast or lunch meet up first

Speaking of that, it has been quite a while since we graced the Donut Parade with our presence. We should start thinking of another but I don't see a lot of participation on here from the Spokane contingent anymore. On another note, I am sure I will be talking to people next week at Pig Out In the Park.

bob

Jeff Hayes

Speaking of that, it has been quite a while since we graced the Donut Parade with our presence. We should start thinking of another but I don't see a lot of participation on here from the Spokane contingent anymore. On another note, I am sure I will be talking to people next week at Pig Out In the Park.

bob

Well heck lets do one, I have a commitment one Saturday morning in Sept I just do not know which one so pick one that works for you.

MSG Laigaie

Campaign Veteran

Yeppers. Washington Open Carry Whatcom County was going to the Falcon gunshows. We got a discount for being a 2A support group. We have been doing the Pride fest in B'ham each year and we stick a table into any venue we can find.

Our next event, and you can ALL join in, will be at the 34th Annual Oyster Run. Always a lot of exposure.

Yes, funding is scarce and it is almost always out of just a few pockets. But we will endeavor to persevere.

skeith5

I'd help out with both fees if necessary. I'd be down for a meet up somewhere too, I don't OC much because of my job but that would be a good excuse to.

Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk

BobR

Well heck lets do one, I have a commitment one Saturday morning in Sept I just do not know which one so pick one that works for you.

I think the 19th would work well.

bob

edit to change to the 19th, have a previous appt on 9/12.

Last edited:

Boomboy007

Yeah, MSG Laigaie spearheads our public education outreach here in Whatcom County, and bears the brunt of work, time, and costs. (note to self: I forgot to chip in for the table at Pride. Rectify, and also pick up the camping chairs I keep forgetting in his car every time we have an event.)

[emoji12]

Freedom1Man

Yeah, MSG Laigaie spearheads our public education outreach here in Whatcom County, and bears the brunt of work, time, and costs. (note to self: I forgot to chip in for the table at Pride. Rectify, and also pick up the camping chairs I keep forgetting in his car every time we have an event.)

[emoji12]
I thought that you had donated those chairs to the cause.

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk